Just back from a wonderful stay in Disneyland Paris 8/13-8/18

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
This was my first trip to Paris, I traveled with my sister and her daughter (25) and my 10-year-old granddaughter. We booked 2 rooms in the main building at the Sequoia Lodge. We all enjoyed our stay, the rooms were a nice size, clean, and the beds while firm, were very comfortable. We booked the deal where you got 2 nights free, and we opted not to have any of the dining plans. We stayed 1 night in Paris and then 5 nights in Disneyland. We enjoyed walking to the parks and only used the buses twice. They ran just about every 15 minutes.
We did everything we wanted to do in the parks except for the Crush roller coaster, the lines were always too long and we could just never fit it in. We did the parks Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night for the fireworks and then Friday we rode on the attractions that we had missed in Disneyland and then rode on the attractions that we enjoyed and wanted to do a second or third time. Thursday was our down day my granddaughter and I slept in, went to McDonald's for lunch and then went to the pool until dinner time. My sister and niece took the train to Paris to visit the catacombs and take a boat ride on the Seine river. My niece said the trip was very easy, she had no trouble navigating the train system.
We ate at Chez Remy and really enjoyed the theming and thought the food was pretty good. We had checked out the menu before going so we were well aware of the cost, and that was our only splurge for meals.
We felt that quite a few of the guests in the parks were a bit rude, they would bump into you and not say anything, the Cast members that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of people smoking while walking through the parks. But we did not encounter anyone smoking in line.
We definitely want to go back again, and we all agreed that we would spend 2 or 3 nights in Paris and then 4 or 5 nights in Disneyland.
We did not use the train or the Disney bus to or from Disneyland, we used Paris-Shuttle and we loved them. My luggage did not arrive at the Paris airport and the driver was kind enough to wait while we waited for the flight after ours to see if my suitcase was on that flight by mistake. All the drivers were very friendly and on time. I would use Paris-Shuttle again without hesitation.

Thanks for the review! How long into the day did the fast passes last? Which ran out first? Thank you!

Thanks for the review! How long into the day did the fast passes last? Which ran out first? Thank you!
We were pretty lucky, we went to early entry and generally stayed until each park closed. The lines for the more popular rides in Disneyland really thinned out after 10:00, the park closed at 11:00. So for our whole visit, we got 1 fast pass and that was for Big Thunder Mountain. Otherwise, the most we waited in line was for 45 minutes for HyperSpace Mountain. When we could we used the single rider lines, my granddaughter was old enough to ride by herself but most times we all rode around the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter