Just back from a week at the Dolphin

Did you have fun? :teeth:

Did you have a balcony and/or nice view?
How was the bedding....I've heard complaints about "old" uncomfortable beds there though never experienced them in 3 stays in the last couple of years..........
welcome home:)

I was on the 9th floor - west wing 9185 - had a balcony view of MGM - could see the ears tower, ToT and the blue hat.

Was able to 'hear' Fantasmic if I was in my room - could hear Illuminations but couldn't see them.

My bed was fine - comfy

Marla,
We will be there is 16 days...can't wait. It will be our first visit to the Dolphin! Would you stay at the Dolphin again? Did you enjoy it as much as a disney property? Thanks!

Muffy

This was my second stay at the Dolphin and I would stay again - about the only thing I miss is the Mickey wake up phone calls - but I really like the Dolphin - some time I will stay at the Swan

The S/D are our favorite resorts. We also recently returned from a wonderful stay at the Dolphin. We had an awesome room at the very end of west wing that faces the clamshell waterfall. The room had a private balcony (you can see them when you walk toward the hotels, they're half circular shaped).

I just wanted to comment about the wake up calls. We happened to stay at WL last August and I was quite disappointed that Mickey did not wake us up. It was some (non disney) cartoon (annoying) recording. It was a little bit of a bummer when I had my dd pick up the phone the first morning and we had no clue who it was?

Yes we'd definitely stay at the Dolphin or Swan again. As a matter a fact we have a trip planned there in MAY:)

Originally posted by jwfla422
The room had a private balcony (you can see them when you walk toward the hotels, they're half circular shaped).

You had the corner KING w/TURRET balcony. I LOVE these rooms. They are fabulous. ;)

I just wanted to comment about the wake up calls. We happened to stay at WL last August and I was quite disappointed that Mickey did not wake us up. It was some (non disney) cartoon (annoying) recording. It was a little bit of a bummer when I had my dd pick up the phone the first morning and we had no clue who it was?
;) LOL...we experienced the same thing at Vero Beach and on the Cruise ship...it was STITCH from the summer hit film LILO & STITCH! He sounds SO ANNOYING...nearly frightening! ? I MUCH prefer the Mickey Mouse W-U call. ;)

Welcome back!!

It was nice running into you!

You're the only one who knew what my green ribbon was for!!

Thanks.......

DISCON II sounds like it was alot of fun! I just have to go to the next one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter