Just Back from a stay at Art of Animation

Some interesting information here but I was wondering if any one has details on pool, food court etc. We are not going for a family trip until 2021 (Poly this time) but the 9 year old is working me hard on a 3 day trip next year at Halloween just her and I and she has been begging for AoA.

Pool is fun and the Food Court and store is very similar to PoP. For a short trip it would be fun. We really liked the theming and even though the LM room had not been refurbished it was fine for my wife and I.

As to the idea that the walk is to long, that is a really personal sort of thing. We have been spoiled in the past because we have had some of the shortest walks around for room/ bus/ foodcourt. Our stay last May at POFQ was the shortest ever. We were in a corner room on the third floor and out our window we could see right below us the entrance to the food court and the busses were just out the front of the food court, so yeah we were spoiled. On other stays at POFQ (which is our all time favorite for many personal reasons) we have had really short walks. Wife and I are both 59 and I have had three knee surgeries. Does not stop us from going to WDW because we love it, but the walk in the morning (full of anticipation) is not bad. The walk at the end of the day can be painful. Yes you walk a lot at WDW (27,208 steps or 14 miles on 9/25 with the TSL AP event that morning so we were up at 5:15) but any avoided steps are apprcieated especially after a long day heading back to the room.

Pool is fun and the Food Court and store is very similar to PoP. For a short trip it would be fun. We really liked the theming and even though the LM room had not been refurbished it was fine for my wife and I.

As to the idea that the walk is to long, that is a really personal sort of thing. We have been spoiled in the past because we have had some of the shortest walks around for room/ bus/ foodcourt. Our stay last May at POFQ was the shortest ever. We were in a corner room on the third floor and out our window we could see right below us the entrance to the food court and the busses were just out the front of the food court, so yeah we were spoiled. On other stays at POFQ (which is our all time favorite for many personal reasons) we have had really short walks. Wife and I are both 59 and I have had three knee surgeries. Does not stop us from going to WDW because we love it, but the walk in the morning (full of anticipation) is not bad. The walk at the end of the day can be painful. Yes you walk a lot at WDW (27,208 steps or 14 miles on 9/25 with the TSL AP event that morning so we were up at 5:15) but any avoided steps are apprcieated especially after a long day heading back to the room.
Thanks for the data. I am almost 58 and have plastic knees from the Marines but I still manage 27-30k steps a day. As I have joked earlier start parenthood at 40 and you have to stay in shape.

I guess I'll never understand the "walk is too far" thing. It's just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall walk you do during a day at Disney World. Plus, I find it to be a really pleasant walk, taking in the Lion King stuff along the way. But I think I'm in the minority.
EdmondD, DH and I are in the minority with you. Currently here at AoA and stayed here last April for 9 days. We stay in the LM rooms and haven't seen it as an issue... ESPECIALLY this trip. We did a split stay this time, first few nights at POR and now the rest of the stay is here.

While we were in a royal room at POR in Oak Manor and had a pretty short walk to the lobby, we did tour the property. Folks in the mansions farther out or those in AB section surely have a much longer walk than LM to lobby at AoA, especially considering a lot of the property is limited by its bridges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter