Just back from a crazy week & a half. Did a lot if anyone has any questions!

IronBoss

Earning My Ears
Quick list of what we got in over like 12 days in Vegas / Grand Canyon / Joshua Tree / LA / San Diego

Vegas - Stayed at Resortworld in the Crockford, went to Meow Wolf Megamart

Grand Canyon

Joshua Tree Park

LA - Stayed in West Hollywood, did a Rock n Walk Sunset Strip tour (amazing - must do if you're a rock & roll fan), Santa Monica Pier, Warner Brothers tour, wandered around the Walk of Fame, etc...

San Diego - Ghosts & Gravestones / Old Town, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Speedboat Adventure, La Jolla & wandered around Ocean Beach.

Was crazy busy, but never had so much fun!

Quick list of what we got in over like 12 days in Vegas / Grand Canyon / Joshua Tree / LA / San Diego

Vegas - Stayed at Resortworld in the Crockford, went to Meow Wolf Megamart

Grand Canyon

Joshua Tree Park

LA - Stayed in West Hollywood, did a Rock n Walk Sunset Strip tour (amazing - must do if you're a rock & roll fan), Santa Monica Pier, Warner Brothers tour, wandered around the Walk of Fame, etc...

San Diego - Ghosts & Gravestones / Old Town, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Speedboat Adventure, La Jolla & wandered around Ocean Beach.

Was crazy busy, but never had so much fun!
Sounds like a great trip! I just googled Rock n Walk Sunset Strip tour, and now I want to book it. Sounds like a really fun tour. I'd love to read your highlights. What would you say:
  • Favorite thing
  • Least favorite thing
  • Something you learned
  • If you had one day to relive, which experience would you do
  • Favorite thing you ate on the trip
  • What would you do different if you had only known?
  • Three tips you'd give someone that was going to do the same trip.

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip! I just googled Rock n Walk Sunset Strip tour, and now I want to book it. Sounds like a really fun tour. I'd love to read your highlights. What would you say:
  • Favorite thing
  • Least favorite thing
  • Something you learned
  • If you had one day to relive, which experience would you do
  • Favorite thing you ate on the trip
  • What would you do different if you had only known?
  • Three tips you'd give someone that was going to do the same trip.

Thank you!!
Hmmm...

Favorite thing was the Rock n Walk tour. I'm a big music guy & it was amazing. My 18 & 15 years olds stayed engaged the whole time. We walked 5 miles in 3.5 hours & they didn't complain once, Don't want to spoil it, but it's wild. We hung out backstage at the Whiskey with the band that was on that night - and just kept getting better from there.

Least favorite thing was the drive from the Canyon to Joshua Tree Park. Was just like 8 hours of hard miles through the desert.

Learned how much there is to do in Las Vegas without gambling. We had a blast there! Didn't hurt that they upgraded us up to an insane suite at the hotel.

Had a lot of good food! As far as taste, the burger at the pool bar (Resortworld) in Vegas was great. I loved the atmosphere at Hodads in Ocean Beach though.

The only thing I would really change was perhaps re-organizing a little. We loved Joshua Tree, but the drive from Vegas to Joahua Tree, getting to a 107 degree park in the afternoon, then driving onto Los Angeles then next morning as a lot. Once we got there though was all worth it!

I'm thinking about Joshua Tree, Death Valley, and San Diego for our spring break in early April. Would probably fly into Vegas and out of San Diego. I've been to many of the national parks, but not those two yet. Did you do some hiking in Joshua Tree NP? If so, which?

Hmmm...

Favorite thing was the Rock n Walk tour. I'm a big music guy & it was amazing. My 18 & 15 years olds stayed engaged the whole time. We walked 5 miles in 3.5 hours & they didn't complain once, Don't want to spoil it, but it's wild. We hung out backstage at the Whiskey with the band that was on that night - and just kept getting better from there.

Least favorite thing was the drive from the Canyon to Joshua Tree Park. Was just like 8 hours of hard miles through the desert.

Learned how much there is to do in Las Vegas without gambling. We had a blast there! Didn't hurt that they upgraded us up to an insane suite at the hotel.

Had a lot of good food! As far as taste, the burger at the pool bar (Resortworld) in Vegas was great. I loved the atmosphere at Hodads in Ocean Beach though.

The only thing I would really change was perhaps re-organizing a little. We loved Joshua Tree, but the drive from Vegas to Joahua Tree, getting to a 107 degree park in the afternoon, then driving onto Los Angeles then next morning as a lot. Once we got there though was all worth it!
Do you feel like half a day was enough at Joshua Tree? We're headed there in December and are trying to figure out how much time to spend there.

Do you feel like half a day was enough at Joshua Tree? We're headed there in December and are trying to figure out how much time to spend there.
Yes, half a day was good. A lot of it is paved roads. You are able to drive from area to area easily, get out & see the highlights.

I'm thinking about Joshua Tree, Death Valley, and San Diego for our spring break in early April. Would probably fly into Vegas and out of San Diego. I've been to many of the national parks, but not those two yet. Did you do some hiking in Joshua Tree NP? If so, which?
We didn't get to do much hiking, it was about 111 degrees that day. We did drive around & hit a lot of the hotspots though. Saw Skull Rock, the Coachella Valley overlook, catcus garden & tons of great views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter