Just back from a bad trip!

We haven't been to Cedar Point in a few years, but we have always enjoyed each of our visits there and thought it was a very nice, fun, clean park to spend a day or two. We stayed once at the Hotel Breakers and that was nice, and we've camped once at their campground and enjoyed that too. The last time we were there was on Labor Day a few years ago. We thought it might be crowded but I guess everyone went elsewhere for their "last summer fling" and the park wasn't crowded at all. We didn't wait more than 5-10 minutes to ride anything. We've been talking about going again, probably not this year with our upcoming cruises in January, but maybe next summer...

IMHO, Islands of Adventure in Orlando is the only other park I've been to that comes very, very close to equaling the magic of Disney.

Other than that, Disney parks are unique and while other places can be good (like Busch Gardens: Williamsburg -- though I haven't been there in 12 years), none will equal the magic of Disney.

I agree with Rajah that Islands of Adventure comes close. We were there last October and I was very impressed with the theming and cleanliness. I would go back. I wasn't that thrilled with the Universal part, just IOA.

If you were there yesterday, it probably didn't help that Saturn was holding their owners' picnic at Six Flags. That could not have made the experience there any better. We live less than 20 minutes away from Six Flags and yet we haven't been there since they rebranded the park a few years back. We would much rather drive the 90 minutes to Cedar Point than to spend any time at our local Six Flags park. Sorry you had a bad time. But I'm not the least bit surprised.

We were at Six Flags on Sat. and Everything was bad. First of all, we had to wait in line 1 1/2 hours JUST TO ENTER the park!! I couldn't even believe it. The line was spilling into the parking lot and others were just cutting in front, all because they didn't tie a ROPE to guide people. Turns out that they were searching bags and sending us through metal detectors. (Does Disney do this since 9/11?)

There is no structure or organization to the entire park. Maps are poorly illustrated, there isn't one sign to indicate where to go. No crowd control whatsoever. ( Yes there is a reason for a 3:00 and an evening parade on Main Street.)

jldriscoll-Hi neighbor! We went to Cedar Point last year with the kids, and thought we would try something else. I had heard that the Looney Tunes area was pretty good. The kids areas are comparable, but overall I wouldn't go back to either one.

I agree that Islands of Adventure comes the closest to Disney for a fun and nice park, I really like it.

Disney searches your bags before you enter the park but there are no metal detectors yet.

Sorry you had such a bad time on your trip :(

I live 20 min. from Six Flags NJ and would go there 2-3 times a year UNTILL my first trip to WDW in 98.

Care to figure out how many time I've been back.

If you said zero you are correct

Funny thing with six flags NJ is that they try so hard to be like Disney and fail. They now have a water park. Hurricane Harbor
Not only the name is an attempt to copy Typhoon Lagon but this water park is layed out simular with a big wave pool in the center.

What next a Mickey Rat as a masscot for the park.

Once you see the magic of disney every thing else becomes second rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!