Just Back from 1st ECV Use Trip

On our last trip we had an issue with the buses being full. We were going to Animal Kingdom. We were staying at Animal Kingdom lodge and we literally had to wait for 3 buses before the person that was in charge of the buses saw how frustrated I was and got a bus to our stop. I understand that if the buses are full they can load an ECV, but it was extremely frustrating. What was worse was how rude the bus drive was to me and my sons.

So, yeah, we use a ECV, but it isn't always the most convenient and quickest way to get on the buses.

That's the reason I don't think I'd stay at AKL even if I could afford it. I don't want to pay Deluxe level rates and still have only the buses to rely on.

I agree with mamabunny that being on a scooter is a non-event. No one has ever criticized me for using a scooter
I don't know if they still do this but at MK, they had wheelchair and ECV users go in the standard queue at the bus stops, and then when they got to a certain gate, they were pulled out to load on the accessible ramp. I only witnessed this at park closing, when they had plenty of CMs at the stops to direct the flow. It seemed more fair - if there was a bus load of people ahead of you, they'd get on before you.

Oh yes - this happened to me one night on one of the trips - last summer maybe? I never feel like having a scooter in the park is an issue since I'm in the que with everyone else. It's going to and from the parks that I wouldn't mind a different system but I think, like you said, it requires extra CM's - which would be expensive to do everywhere all the time...and I sure can't think of any other way!

I agree with mamabunny that being on a scooter is a non-event. No one has ever criticized me for using a scooter

Oh yes - this happened to me one night on one of the trips - last summer maybe? I never feel like having a scooter in the park is an issue since I'm in the que with everyone else. It's going to and from the parks that I wouldn't mind a different system but I think, like you said, it requires extra CM's - which would be expensive to do everywhere all the time...and I sure can't think of any other way!
In think when the lines get very long they need the extra CM for crowd control and when there is that many people people with mobility device can not get to the spot they need to load also people have to wait for 4+ bus of some one with a mobility device and there family got to skip the line I am sure there would be problems ( fight) so they have people with mobility device wait in the line until they get close to the front then they load them.

I have no problems waiting in line. In fact one night we were leaving the MK and pulled up and the bus was just starting to load. The driver stopped and asked if we wanted to get on. I shook my head and told him that we were good. I was fine with waiting for another bus.

We take our 2nd trip to DW sept 4 and it’s the first time I will be using EVC ... I kept thinking no I am not going to use one BC I was worried if people would be ugly about it but my teenage daughter said mom ignore them and get one you will have so much more fun if you get one.. last year I had to stop and sit and take breaks a lot BC my feet were swollen so big!! Plus there was times I didn’t think I was gonna make it back to the bus BC the hurt so bad... it really kept me from seeing a lot BC I had to rest.. so I went ahead and rented the EVC and I am still a bit nervous but at the same time I am excited to be able to see and do more this trip and really enjoy myself more!!! Especially explore the hotel which I didn’t get to do last time!!!

In think when the lines get very long they need the extra CM for crowd control and when there is that many people people with mobility device can not get to the spot they need to load also people have to wait for 4+ bus of some one with a mobility device and there family got to skip the line I am sure there would be problems ( fight) so they have people with mobility device wait in the line until they get close to the front then they load them.
The only problem with the waiting for the scooters at the end of the night at MK is that scooters can not load on the bus that pulls in behind the first bus. We sent our daughters on ahead to Pop one night while my husband waited with me. They texted me from the room before we got on a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter