Just Back from 1st BLT visit - TR, Pictures and Video-Misc-Critters

Great TR with photos! Thank you for taking us along. Your family looks like they had a great time as well. Loved the photo taken when they were younger. Time flies! I hope my grandchildren love WDW when they get older as much as they do now. Thanks again!

What about the dessert - 'OHANA BREAD PUDDING w/ice cream and bananas foster sauce!!!!!?? LOL

Absolutely! That's an awesome, yummy dessert.

Let's also add on the salad with the lime vinaigrette dressing. I could drink that stuff. Coworker gave me the recipe. DS son just raved about the bread too. Chicken wings are great also. You can see why it's my favorite. Location, atmosphere, friendly staff, fun for kids and food is great. Highly recommend.

Note: Weird to be doing this posting during a hurricane in CT, Irene. Shouldn't I be in FL? Glad I still have power.

I'm an animal lover. I take notice of the critters at WDW and they amaze me. They are so cool and calm around the crowds. Like one CM(singer with top hat) said to me as we walked along MK, "Disney has come a long way with their animatronics." We were observing the cute bunnies in the grass between Main Street and Frontier Land.

These shots are from EPCOT
imagexxa.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-28

imagecch.jpg

We've often vacationed in WildWood, NJ on the Jersey Shore. We like to feed and watch these little guys outside our motel room near the pool. Funny how they've managed to get into the Contempo Cafe and help CM's with cleaning up crumbs. Must be coming in through the hole in the building that the monorail travels through.

imagelid.jpg

imageqec.jpg

Not sure of these guys real names but we call them the Mexican birds. They eat our extra nachos while we enjoy Margarita's. Very tame.
imagengk.jpg

A tame squirrel that came up to me as I was taking a break on a China bench.
imagezfh.jpg

We have lots of these guys in CT. You can see them high in the sky in many places. Never seen so many of them together or this close up before. They would fly by my room and I got a good look. We call them Turkey Vultures. Here's a shot from my room out behind CR.
imagepkp.jpg

I think these are Loons. You often see these guys in EPCOT diving in the ponds. This shot is during our ride to HS from EPCOT in the Boardwalk area.
imagebvw.jpg

WDW has the cutest, tamest Donald Ducks. Amazed at the places they travel. Funny.

At Poly, while DD and I have our dinner at Capt Cooks.
imageysep.jpg

Duck Crossing on way to Canada at EPCOT
imagewsar.jpg

Dunking their head and wiggling their butts in EPCOT pond.
imagefrk.jpg

I noticed this gang of Donald and friends at EPCOT near fountain and pin station. Are they out of place or what? Too funny.
imageosg.jpg

I swear the critters of WDW are trained CM's and behave well while they are 'On Stage' for our entertainment.

We saw that same group of female ducks in Epcot.

We also saw a squirrel climb onto a bench, walk up to a girl who was eating a burger and fries (little Refreshment stand as you turn right to go into WS before Canada) and TAKE A FRY right off her tray. GROSS!!!! We saw presumably the same squirrel the next day almost do the same to someone else.

There was also a squirrel on the scenery in the Big Thunder Mountain Queue.

They are fearless.

Not sure of these guys real names but we call them the Mexican birds. They eat our extra nachos while we enjoy Margarita's. Very tame.
imagengk.jpg

FYI, your Mexican birds are call White Ibis, note the curved beak. They are seen all along the gulf and Florida. They really like the shallow water near Mexico. All kinds of critters in the mud under the water there.

Hey! Saw the Lotusphere bag and was wondering if it was you. Great trip report! I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Now I've got to go find your pre-trip report to read too...

See you at LS12?

Hey! Saw the Lotusphere bag and was wondering if it was you. Great trip report! I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Now I've got to go find your pre-trip report to read too...

See you at LS12?

So glad you found me. WE HAD A GREAT TIME!
I did 30 daily postings as a trip report so I could get as much fun out of my first DVC stay as I could. Post trip report has been fun too. Glad you've enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, LS12 not looking good. :sad1: Miss the days of LS and WDW.

I'm sure you guys have a future trip planned.

We meet girls for margarita's in Mexico. Are you noticing a trend here?
Do Norway ride and finally buy the Leila perfume. Ahhhh... good for another couple years. We try and trick some more people at the British phone booths but we give up. No takers to pick up the ringing phone while we giggle near by. :lmao:

In the WS British section???? I would LOVE to freak my DH out!!!!

We meet girls for margarita's in Mexico. Are you noticing a trend here?
Do Norway ride and finally buy the Leila perfume. Ahhhh... good for another couple years. We try and trick some more people at the British phone booths but we give up. No takers to pick up the ringing phone while we giggle near by. :lmao:

In the WS British section???? I would LOVE to freak my DH out!!!!

DW could not find quickly so I did a Google search and found these numbers:

Right Booth 407-827-9861

Left Booth 407-827-9862

Center Booth 407-827-9863

Enjoy. :lmao:

Great report! Thanks for posting. Glad you enjoyed your first DVC trip.

I have always said in my next life I want to come back as a "Disney" duck! : )

Exactly. Don't the ducks seem to be the happiest, carefree critters on the planet. I could live on Disney popcorn if I could live on property for free. ;)

GREAT trip report! I absolutely enjoyed it so much! So sad its over, I looked forward to it and it helped me get through the day! I have to say, its so nice to see fellow DVCr's that value their purchase and really enjoy their trips. Now what am I going to do now that it's over? We have a big trip planned for next year and I don't know what I'll do to pass the time!

Thanks again for such a great report, it really did make me feel like I was there! Living vicariously through you!

Nice critter pics :) looks like you had a blast! Love the TR, back to celebs in Disney World, I have seen Tom Arnold, Kirstie Alley, and David Hasslehoff in WDW over the years. Tom Arnold was a real nice guy, really down to earth.
I didn't talk to the other celebs, Kirtie Alley was eating a turkey leg when we saw her.

Tito,

297039_10150292172548744_634053743_7769220_1691262_n.jpg

***Update*** Just consolidating TR to main first post

Walk back to our new home. DS, DSIL and I walk back. DD, DW and DS take monorail. We beat them back but they're not far behind. Remember, CR is first stop from MK on Monorail.
imagefga.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-16

Room is AWESOME. Suite I should say. We end up with room 7544. It's on 5th floor and it's the same floor as Sky Bridge to CR. Very cool. We get marina view which is disappointing at first but it's a beautiful view anyone would kill to have if they didn't know MK was on the opposite side. No worries. We had plenty of chance to view Wishes from Sky Bridge and TOTWL. :yay:

View from our room out the living room picture window.
imagehac.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2011-08-16

Day 2 next - EPCOT

This is the exact room I requested. I requested any room ending in 44. I got the complete opposite this time. I love this view...did you like it?

This is the exact room I requested. I requested any room ending in 44. I got the complete opposite this time. I love this view...did you like it?

I think I like this view better than the view on the North end that faces MK. The North end has many trees blocking the lake. You can see Space Mountain and the Castle if you look directly to your left. The South end is nice because you can see CR, marina, full view of lake and enjoy the full spectacle that is the Electric Water Pageant. Interesting that we've now stayed on both ends of resort on the same 5th floor. Fun. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!