Just back - first trip to HHI

pam95

Mouseketeer
First of all, thanks to all for the advice we found here prior to our trip!! We just returned from a beautiful week at Hilton Head. It was our first trip, and we had beautiful weather all week. We were in a studio villa at the Main Lodge.

Since our boys are still small (6 and 3), we focused mainly on the beach, pool and activities at the resort. The boys loved Shadow, so we did quite a few of the activities with Shadow and B'Lou. We did the meet and greet with Shadow, Shadow's Funny Bunny Hunt, and Shadow's Tales. We also went to B'Lou's Magic Show and another show where B'Lou performed card/mind-reading tricks. The boys also made shark's teeth necklaces and decorated sand dollars. DS6 also did the Gyotaku (fish painting) activity. We did a dolphin tour too, which was excellent!! We also did the campfire and s'mores, watched the fireworks on Tuesday night, and caught Shannon Tanner's show in Shelter Cove. And we finished up the week with Goofy Bingo - a great, fun way to end the week!!! :thumbsup2

We also did the Pirate BBQ at the resort. The food was fine, but we felt it was a little pricey for the four of us. There were also games/activities taking place in the same area, which made it a little hard to eat because our boys wanted to do the games/activities instead.

We really aren't seafood eaters, so we tried out the following for meals: Giuseppi's Pizza, Hot Dog Harbour, San Miguel's, One Hot Mama's (we tried to do dinner there, but there was a 45 minute wait and our boys were too impatient; we went for lunch the next day and got right in), Low Country Backyard (EXCELLENT!!), and Wild Wing Cafe. We also did a couple of quick meals at Tide Me Over and Signals, which were pretty good.

It was a great week! We loved all the little Disney touches throughout the resort, and it was a nice break from the hustle/bustle of the parks!

If anyone has any questions from a first-timer, I'd be happy to answer them! :)

Ooh... we are going next month and my kids are the same age as yours! Which dolphin tour did you do? Did you make reservations in advance? I'm so excited, but feel a bit worried just because I'm not as organized as I usually am for Disney :)

We did the dolphin cruise that you reserve through the resort. We reserved it while we were there - about two days before. They were offering cruises daily at 9am, 11am, and 1pm. It was $40 per person. They also offered a DVC discount of 10% for Monday and Wednesday tours.

I know what you mean about not feeling as organized for this trip. I felt the same way! I think it was partly b/c I couldn't obsessively plan every detail for this trip like I can for a Disneyworld trip! ;)

Glad you had a great trip :) HHI was off my radar until recently. I've read only positive things so far.

Thanks for sharing this. We've really been looking at going. The beach sounds good right now! How roomy was the studio? There are three of us. Our daughter is 3. Thanks!

Please describe the dolphin tour and the pirate dinner. I'm hoping to go for the first time in March 2013 and would love to know about these things! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing information about your trip to HH. Sounds like you had a great time. I have not visited HH, but plan to in the near future and reviews like yours make it so much easier to plan and anticipate.

Any jellyfish??? Saw on a hhi Facebook page there was lots of jellyfish! I pray not! Leaving in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter