Just back, Dining Reviews, DDP

buffalogirl

<font color=deeppink>Ohh do I get to be first?<br>
11/29/06-12/06/06 Stayed at CSR

TS/Buffets

Chef Mickey's Dinner- great character interaction, food just okay.

AK Restaurantosaurus-character breakfast, good food and character interaction.

1900 Park Fare Dinner-BEST buffet food, great prime rib, mashed potatoes, turkey and desserts.

Le Cellier - YUMMY! Candlelight Dinner package, loved the cheese soup, DH had mussels(sp?)-very good, filet was melt in your mouth delicious! Creme brulee and chocolate whiskey cake were both very tasty! Service was excellent. 5:00 ADR, finished with amazing meal by 6:15. Server was friendly and very attentive.

Concourse Steakhouse- Another GREAT meal! DH ordered the 24 oz. porterhouse special, I ordered the filet, both were excellent. Great service once again. Chocolate molten dessert and creme brulee were very good.

50's Prime Time- Enjoyed the atmosphere, Melissa kept reminding DS10 to keep his elbows off the table ;). The food was disappointing though. My DH enjoyed the meatloaf , I didn't. DS10 ordered the pot roast and didn't like it. DD7 (the picky eater in the bunch) ended up with french fries and fresh strawberries as her dinner. If I remember correctly, there WAS pb & j on the menu when I made the ADR. :confused3

Cap'n Jacks- Menu change, yikes!!! NOOO steak on the menu!!! DS10 and I don't enjoy seafood. Our options were pot roast or chicken. Both were good, but when you're planning on steak... :sad2: . The other 4 people in our party that night (grandparents joined us) LOVED their twin lobster tail dinners. The appetizers were also excellent- (HUGE)shrimp cocktail, spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, and clam chowder.

CS and snacks

Pepper Market, lunch many times. Had the steak (of course ;) ), calzones, chicken, pasta, and Chinese. Food was VERY good, service was slow at times. Loved the strawberry smoothies that were included in the DDP. Desserts were scones, muffins, big cookies-all good.

MGM Backlot Express- Turkey and cheese sandwich with fries, YUCK. (how did they find a way to make a bad turkey sandwich?) Dessert was yummy strawberry parfait, best part of the meal.

MGM Terrace Grill- Greek salad good, hot dog not so good, grilled chicken good. PB & J available.

Epcot Liberty Inn- Cheeseburgers and fries good. Mickey rice Krispy Treats for desserts.

Snacks - Soft pretzels, popcorn, ice cream cones, mickey ice cream bars, fries, honey roasted nuts, frozen strawberry bars.
On the advice of fellow DISers, tried school bread from bakery in Norway :thumbsup2 , and Pineapple Dole Whip- not so special :confused3

Thanks for everyone who posted their reviews before my trip, they were a HUGE help! As you can see, we had many good meals. The dining plan cost us less than $900 and we managed to spend a total of $1300 +.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

buffalogirl said:
Le Cellier - YUMMY! Candlelight Dinner package, loved the cheese soup, DH had mussels(sp?)-very good, filet was melt in your mouth delicious! Creme brulee and chocolate whiskey cake were both very tasty! Service was excellent. 5:00 ADR, finished with amazing meal by 6:15. Server was friendly and very attentive.
Can you tell me about the Candlelight dinner package? :wave2:

sdrinon said:
Can you tell me about the Candlelight dinner package? :wave2:

The cost was $40 per adult and $12 per child for Le Cellier CP dinner package. We made the ADR in August and had to give a credit card # to secure the reservation. Our credit card would only be charged if we were no-shows without cancelling in advance. The meals were included in the DDP and we could order any appetizer, entree and dessert on the menu.

We had 5:00 ADR for Le Cellier. At the end of dinner, our server gave each person in my party a "reserved seating" sticker to wear. We made the mistake of getting in the reserved seating line at 7:50 for the 8:15 show, you can't imagine how LONG that line was! We did get seats, but we were 5 or 6 rows from the back. If you are going, get in line EARLY. They've obviously sold MANY dinner packages.

In spite of our not so good seats, the CP was beautiful. One of the high points of our trip.

Just wondering what night you did the CP package. We did ours on the 7th and got in line around 8:00 for the 8:15 show. We were only about 9 rows back. They had rope off the first 12 rows.

We went Friday Dec 01, Rita Moreno was there that night. We may have been encountering many of the locals or maybe she's a popular speaker? :confused3 The line we stood in was ENORMOUS! I was worried that there weren't going to be enough seats. The standby line was also very long.
My parents attended the 8:15 show on Dec 6 with Brian Dennehy. They lined up at 7:10 and had about 30 people ahead of them. Their seats were excellent.

Did you enjoy the show?

It's nice to read a good review of Cap'n Jacks. We'll be at SSR next week and I still have a couple of ADRs to make :).

If you had to choose be the Concourse and Le Ceiller, which would you pick? I would like to have one really good steak dinner during our next Disney vacation.

robinb said:
It's nice to read a good review of Cap'n Jacks. We'll be at SSR next week and I still have a couple of ADRs to make :).

Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

maxiesmom said:
If you had to choose be the Concourse and Le Ceiller, which would you pick? I would like to have one really good steak dinner during our next Disney vacation.

So difficult to choose, both were excellent. I think I would give LeCellier a slight edge. I LOVED the cheese soup! We ordered the filet with the barbeque sauce on the side. It was yummy without it.

If you're unable to get ADRs for LeCellier, the Concourse is a very close second choice. Either way you're in for a great meal. :cool1:

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter