Just Back August 1 - August 6th. Any questions?

sduck

Mouseketeer
Please ask. We had a good time, made some great memories, and experienced some bad that we usually don't notice.

Ask away, I will answer the best I can.

I know the changing of the monorail hours has been a big topic here lately. Did you notice any effects of it?

Also, kind of curious what your bad experience was?

Did you take pictures? Are you going to write up a trip report or post some pics here?

I know the changing of the monorail hours has been a big topic here lately. Did you notice any effects of it?

Also, kind of curious what your bad experience was?

We were not in a monorail resort but did use it and noticed the new signs and lines after hours. I felt that it was handled properly, with the boat lines being a little longer (not too much) and there was a bus stop set up (we were there until 2am one night). I spoke with the worker and the bus does the same loop at the monorail. We also took the DTD bus to the Contemporary and walked to MK. My wife has many disabilities and she was able to walk it no problem. I think that those who had a problem actually were those who felt the bus was "not for them because they were at XYZ resort". Those who came in with a better attitude had no problem. I would also say 80% of the people had no clue there was even a change.

As for the bad, here's examples of what I mean. I am really easy-going, but when something happens directly in front of you, it's hard to not notice it.

A young girl hankered up and all out spit on her brother, parents laughed.

A girl slapped her sister so hard in the pool it turned purple. Parents didn't care, the lifeguard did and made the parents "aware".

People who spoke in their native tongue and claimed they didn't speak English, would rush through fast-pass and when caught would say in English, "well at least we tried".

Way to many people who lost sight of their kids, walked without a clue what was around them, and under the railing line cutters.

The worse was when my wife was waiting to check in at Mama Melrose. She stood in line. A woman cut in front in front of her, and she just let it be. No reason for one person to ruin it. The second woman came up and tried and my wife spoke up and said, I am sorry, I am next. The woman looked at my wife and said, "You are not like me, I belong here, not you". The girl behind the counter asked my wife what happened. She told them we had ADR's and were trying to check in. The whole time this woman kept saying I belong here, not her. The CM looked at the woman, told here, "See that line, they are all like you, and you belong at the end". My wife was upset. So much she let it ruin her dinner. But that's something we will have to work on.

Lastly, the heat did not bring out the best in people, even our Mousekeeper. We keep the room quite clean ourselves, don't ask for much, but she kept taking all the towels and leaving us just one??:scared1:

All in all it was a good trip, but we were hoping for a great trip. We are lucky though, we can re-try in December. Hope this helps.

Did you take pictures? Are you going to write up a trip report or post some pics here?

I could do one if you want it. We did take pictures. We went to Daytona first, so I have a split trip. Would you like it all? And while I love my kids, we used a gnome named Dobie in most of our pictures, (some have family) because the humidity was so high that we were massively sweaty. So if you all want it, I will write it!

I could do one if you want it. We did take pictures. We went to Daytona first, so I have a split trip. Would you like it all? And while I love my kids, we used a gnome named Dobie in most of our pictures, (some have family) because the humidity was so high that we were massively sweaty. So if you all want it, I will write it!
Yes, do it all! You'll find that DIS Dad's enjoy reading each other's TR's and stopping by to harrass the TR writer... but in a lighthearted fun kind of way. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Sorry about your bad experiences. I guess you're going to tend to find bad apples on any trip, but it looks like you came across a few of them. I can't believe the mousekeeper kept leaving just 1 towel. Was it at least a towel animal? :lmao:

Does the trip report have to be over there, or can I do it here? I would start a new thread. I'm a bit scared of the others over there......:rotfl2:

Does the trip report have to be over there, or can I do it here? I would start a new thread. I'm a bit scared of the others over there......:rotfl2:
Just go to the trip report forum and start a new thread. Then come to the DDC main thread and post a link to it so we can find you. There's no reason to be scared of the people in the TR forum.:lmao: If they want to read it they will, if not they won't. I haven't encountered any rude individuals or trolls over there. Most people who are active in writing and reading TR's are very nice individuals... even the moms.:lmao::rotfl2:

I’d love to see the pictures form Daytona and well as anything else you want to post or talk about. And don’t worry about the reception you might get over in the TR forum. Heck, folks actually read the nonsense that I write, so what’s the worst that could happen? :thumbsup2

Did you make it to Star Tours? My brother in law (Josh-podcast producer) is going with us for his first time and is a Star Wars freak.

The worse was when my wife was waiting to check in at Mama Melrose. She stood in line. A woman cut in front in front of her, and she just let it be. No reason for one person to ruin it. The second woman came up and tried and my wife spoke up and said, I am sorry, I am next. The woman looked at my wife and said, "You are not like me, I belong here, not you". The girl behind the counter asked my wife what happened. She told them we had ADR's and were trying to check in. The whole time this woman kept saying I belong here, not her. The CM looked at the woman, told here, "See that line, they are all like you, and you belong at the end".

I am really sorry that you and your wife had this bad experience. I'm glad that the CM was brave enough to tell that rude person to go to the end of the line. It amazes me how some people believe they are more entitled than others. Again, I'm sorry and I hope your next trip will be free of such negativity and be completely magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter