Just back! Any CBR ?'s

J

JulesMom

We just got back from a 8 night stay at CBR. We stayed in Aruba.

Crowds were heavier than we had hoped, but manageable.

Any ?'s

Welcome home! Can you tell me which building you stayed in? What was your impression of the resort overall? Transportation, Foodcourt?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! We'll be staying at CBR in June. Thanks in Advance!

Welcome Home! :) Did you enjoy going to WDW at this time of the year? I was there last year at this time, and loved it!

hope you can help. I heard they are doing construction at food court. I have requested Martinique but someone said you would have to walk inside to get to the main pool. I was thinking of chaning to Trinidad north. What do you think. How were the busses? Have never stayed at CBR any tip will be helpful. thanks

As I said in the first post, it was much more crowded than we hoped. It was almost as busy as Christmas was. We enjoy the early June crowds much more!:D The weather was great. It was hot enough to feel like a Spring Break, but not too hot.

We stayed in Aruba Building 52-Room 5552. We liked the look of Jamaica best. But, we liked Aruba 2nd best. We paid for a standard view but got a water view! Our windows looked out over the lake and onto Old Port Royale. It was a corner room so we had 2 windows. A beautiful view of the sandy beaches.

The rooms felt so large after staying at AKL in December. There is much more storage space.

We had about a 3-4 minute walk to Food Court. We crossed over 2 bridges--a lovely walk. A quiet pool, laundry and ice machine were about 30 seconds away from our room. But, we didn't hear any noise at all.

The bus stop was about 4-5 minutes away, but we don't use the bus often. I don't like all the stops at CBR. Sometimes, once you got to CBR, you still had over 5 minutes too get to your stop.

We enjoyed the food court and ate there several times. I had a great grilled cheese sandwich. The kids enjoyed Fettucini, burgers and chicken strips. You have to ckeck out at each individual station, which is convenient sometimes and sometimes not.

Port Orleans-FQ is still my favorite moderate. We have been planning to stay at CBR for several years. I'm so glad we finally did.

I would stay again. The grounds are so lovely and the rooms have a lot of space.

There was a small amount of construction at the food court, but it was on the outside. And, didn't create a problem except the bathrooms at the main pool were closed, so you had to go inside Old Port Royale to use the restrooms. The walkway from martinique may be blocked.

We thought Trinidad was the ugliest section. Just our opinion!;)
If we were going again, I would request Jamaica. We thought it was beautiful and wasn't too far from the food court.

Bus transportation to Epcot was great! It think because it's so close, the busses get around real quick. MK can take quite a while. Overall, I would rate the transportation average. By the way, the CBR bus stops seem to be at the end of all the bus stops!:(

how far away is Jamaica from the main pool and the food court? I have two girls who are 12 and 9 and they will be running back and forth to the main pool. What is it about Jamaica that you like? I would like to be as close to the main pool as possible. we stayed at port orleans FQ 3 years ago and loved it there every thing was close by and my kids loved the pool. They wiill be disappointed if cbr pool is not nice. Do you think that trinidad is as close as Martinique? thanks for the help.

Hi: Just wondering if it is the theming you like best about port orleans, or is there something else that grabs you, is it quieter than caribbean beach. The updated rooms sure look nice at car beach.

I have been to port orleans riverside, liked it very much, but never been to car. beach, but it looks real nice too.

Deb.

Julesmom, did I understand correctly - the CBR bus stops at the parks are now farther from the gates than the stops for the other moderates? I had always read that CBR buses dropped guests off closer to the gates than the buses from the other moderate resorts and that the stops for Dixie Landings were always at the far end. Has this changed?

I think Trinidad North is closest to the pool. But, as I said before, we thought it was ugly.

Jamaica is probably about 3 minutes from pool.

My kids didn't like the pool much. (ages 15 & 9). "The slide is dumb" is their quote. They said it's too short and there isn't enough water going down it, so it's hard to slide.

cottontail--We like PO-FQ because of it's size. Everything is so close! We also like the atmosphere of the "big easy". I really liked the theming of the updated rooms. There is a curtain to separate the sinks from the main part of the bedroom--very convenient in the early morning or late night hours!

crusoe2--At Epcot, we were the very last bus stop.
At MK, we were the very last bus stop again--but there is construction going on, so someone else will be farther soon!

We didn't take a bus to AK or Studios.

thanks for all the info. we were also thinking of staying at AKL. how is the pool there? is it worth spending the extra money? Jamaica sounds closer than I thought it was.

well i think it is!

waking up in the morning and seeing the animals is great!
my brother swam at the pool and he said he enjoyed it...at cmas it was a little too cold to be swimming alot

for us there was only about a 50 dollar difference between staying at AKL at cmas and staying at CBR at spring break(i think we payed 169 a night for AKL and payed 120 for CBR)

How did you find driving to the parks? We've never done it but are getting a car this time. Is it better to drive to epcot, tl or mgm than take the bus...easy to navigate? thanks

I find that the navigation around Disney is easy as long as you pay attention to the signs. We always get a car so I think that for getting around to some of the parks like Epcot it is much more efficient. I don't cae to wait in lines when I want to be going home. Often times folks say that the buses are crowded and youmay not get a seat.

hi, so you think it is better to get a car? We are staying at cbr in june. we were going to get a car but decided to just use mears transportation and busses. The price was alittle more for the rental car but not much. Is it faster to get back and forth to the parks with a car? How about the parking lots? Is it farther to walk to your car or the bus. Does anybody have any thoughts about water veiw room? I requested Martinique 25 or 26 but might ask for waterveiw room 25. Any thoughts? thanks corvair.

The water view room is beautiful. If money is no object then get it, but it's not worth it too us. We don't spend too much time looking out the windows.

We always rent a car. If you have one, then I think it's quicker to drive to most parks.

If you don't have a car, WDW transportation is very efficient. DD & I stayed at PO-FQ in 2000 without a car & did just fine using the busses. And we went to Downtown Disney & Blizzard Beach.

Julesmom thanks I see you have stayed WL. My husband wanted to stay there but I didn't like the woody look. After reading these boards alot of people switch resorts. I'm thinking of doing this for him. Do you think you would? If we do decide to do that would you go cbr first or wl first. My husband really wanted to stay at wl. I love the beach so I think I will love cbr. I asked about car or bus because everyone says the bus sop is so far away from the parks. thanks corvair we have only been there one time and we stayed port orleans FQ we loved it

Have you ever been to WL?

I am not an outdoorsy person. I have never camped in my life and have no intention to in the future, BUT I LOVE WL. The hotel is amazing! The lobby is awesome. The theming is unbelievable. The rails in the elevator, all the lights, the carpet--is all themed. There are several fireplaces with rocking chairs to just kick back & relax.

I would try to stay at WL. Stay at CBR first. Going from a deluxe to a mod, is not the way to go!:)

Eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. They have all you can eat BBQ dinner that is so yummy! We ate there twice last week.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter