Just Back. Anniversary Trip 10/16-10/23

dmarieiowa

Earning My Ears
We are just back. Stayed at Pop Century 10/16-10/23. Adults only trip, my husband and myself, plus our very best friends in the adjoining room. The Pop room refurbishment is nice. We didn't need to use the second flip down bed, so it was nice to have a table space in the room.

PARKS: Epcot was nuts on Saturday, and the high temperatures didn't help. We only stayed a few hours. Magic Kingdom was also very crowded, and the heat made it even worse. We have traveled at this time of the year before, as its our anniversary month, but I feel we will pick a more "off" season month next time.

DINING PLAN: We had the regular Dining Plan, and it was way too much food for us. I'm glad we tried it, but even my husband commented that it wasn't worth it for us. Our best meal was at San Angel Inn in Mexico. Great atmosphere and great food. Worst experience was at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, and we are seafood lovers. I guess from the all the great reviews for this restaurant, I expected more. We also had dinner at 50's Prime Time (good food, fun atmosphere), Whispering Canyon Cafe (Okay food, and our waiter was a hoot), House of Blues at Disney Springs(Meh), Yak & Yeti (two hours is way too long. I think they lost our food order in the back, as our waitress kept stopping by the table to say that it would be out soon). We also had breakfast at Boma (WOW) Wonderful atmosphere and great food selection.

We had park hoppers, and had planned on staying at a park until dinner, and then hopping, but because of the heat, by evening we were ready to go back to the hotel for drinks and pool time. We found the buses crowded with long waits each time which didn't help with park hopping either. This was not our first trip, as we have been coming over the last 20 years, so we knew what to expect. But it just seemed that there were less buses running and long waits. We still did have an amazing time, and found out the UBER can be your best friend after a long day at the parks.

We just returned too. We were staying at BWV so were able to completely avoid the park busses as rented a car at the Dolphin, walked or boated to Epcot, boated to the studios and drove to MK and AK. I will say it seemed like there were hundreds of uber pickups at the front of Boardwalk while I was down there waiting for my amazon prime now delivery.

That car came in super handy as DH forgot the a/c cord for his CPAP and had to drive to 2 places since the first one didn’t have it Saturday night to locate one before they closed. We will never go without a car in the future. Never know when you will have a very good reason to have wheels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter