• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back and with a lovely tan!!!!!

DD UK

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I've just got back from 2 weeks in Kissimmee staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Maingate East. Hotel was good (nice and clean) and staff were very friendly and helpful. Weather was lovely, even bordering on too hot.

Almost the perfect scenario but I somehow ended up in a kind of holiday from hell. I took my 15 year old cousin who decided approx 3 days in that she didn't like America. I know I couldn't believe it either. I can't think of anyone else who has been and didn't like it, even the parks!!!!

Does anyone else know of people who didn't enjoy a holiday in Orlando as I am still in shock. However I still managed to enjoy myself somewhat it just should have been so much better.

The only positive thing is that I will have to go back!!!!!!!

Well maybe things aren't so bad after all.

DD

Welcome back - glad you had a good time :)

An ex-colleague went with her DH (who ran his father's independant travel agency at the time!), and her DS and DD, ages about 10 and 8 at the time. They stayed on-site at Disney's Dixie Landings Resort (now PO Riverside). After the first two days, my friend and her DD preferred to stay in the resort room watching videos than going to the parks with her DH and DS :eek:

Awww glad you had a good time, hope it wasnt too hot..lol,we are off in june,and people keep asking are we mad,cause its supposed to be TOO HOT...:rolleyes:

Bet you cant wait to book again :D

Chat soon
Beth :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi DD

Last year we took my sister and her two DD aged 13 & 8 with us. We had a beautiful 4 bedroomed villa with pool. The 8 year old loved every minute of her holiday and is rather sad that she can't come with us this year. However the 13 year old moaned and groaned her way through 3 weeks, she hated the theme parks, the heat, the food just about everything, in the end we just had to ignore her. She says she never wants to go to America again.

This year there will be just me DH, DS1, DS2. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Dee

I'm really sorry that something so magical wasn't enjoyed by everyone. It must have been frustrating for you. Glad you still managed to enjoy it though. You feel like reminding her of all the thousands of people who would give anything to be out there, but I am sure that you did the wisest thing and tried to ignore it. Carolyn

Welcome home DD - glad you had a good time at least ;)

I suppose it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things - but it does seem
incomprehensible that anyone would dislike WDW! :)

Would love to hear more details about how you spent your time and what you
enjoyed it you get a chance ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter