Just back and holy wah did someone get over served!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn the Page

DIS Veteran
I have only been to F&W three times and while I have heard of people getting overly drunk and obnoxious I haven't really seen it before this year. Last year there was a group that was a little loud but not too horrible.

This year, however, we saw one guy puking in the bushes around WS but last night was the worst. We were on the bus from EPCOT to Disney Springs and happened to be on with a group of about 10 people who were all just absolutely hammered. They were belting out songs at the top of their lungs, yelling and hollering, bragging about how they get told to "simmer down" and regularly get ejected from various venues at home (which was Boston by the way) due to their drunken behavior, swearing with a bus load of kids, one woman kept standing up from her seat and dancing some kind of jig in the aisle. I don't know how she didn't fall over. At one point another woman near the front of the bus yelled at them to shut up but it didn't do any good. A few people had to try to squeeze through the packed bus just to get away from them.

At one point I glared at the really loud one and she threatened to kick my butt if I didn't turn around and stop giving her attitude. I'm not real sure why she thought I was the problem in this scenario but whatever. The driver didn't do anything at all. They said they were going to Raglan Road and I imagine, if they kept behaving like that, security would have thrown them out.

I have worked in restaurants before and always had to take alcohol training courses. I know that restaurants and other facilities can be held liable for over serving people. Is that not the case in Florida?

It makes me wonder if they are light weights or really drank that much.
My sister and I went over Labor Day weekend and had quite a few drinks each day in a pretty short period of time and were not puking or being loud and obnoxious.
Glad we know how to behave.

I used to think that visibly drunken guests in the parks were a myth. I never saw it--until last year's F&WF, and it was worse this year.

It's a shame really. I enjoy getting a buzz on in Epcot, but I can see that Disney needs to crack down on rowdy drunks.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder if they are light weights or really drank that much.
My sister and I went over Labor Day weekend and had quite a few drinks each day in a pretty short period of time and were not puking or being loud and obnoxious.
Glad we know how to behave.

Could be either one I suppose. The loudest woman was bragging about how she was at some country music festival in Boston and got kicked out three times due to her behavior and just kept coming right back in the front door. I guess an argument could be made that they weren't drunk at all that they were just super obnoxious and inconsiderate sober people but I think that's a big stretch.

I did my CP at Epcot last Fall. I witnessed so many awful drunk people in that time, that nothing I read about F&W surprises me anymore. They REALLY need to do a crackdown on how many drinks you can have in a day, property-wide, and that number needs to be pretty small.

Staying at Boardwalk right now and while we skipped epcot we have encountered several very, very inebriated folks crawling back from there. Lots of swearing, lots of aggressive attitudes and you can usually smell the booze on them long before they reach you. We honestly never thought we would see people like this at Disney. We were certain bartenders would refuse to serve such obviously intoxicated people. Glad we decided to skip epcot as I don't need my 6 year old exposed to a giant bar scene.

I did my CP at Epcot last Fall. I witnessed so many awful drunk people in that time, that nothing I read about F&W surprises me anymore. They REALLY need to do a crackdown on how many drinks you can have in a day, property-wide, and that number needs to be pretty small.

I don't think that's very fair since some of us can handle ourselves in a normal fashion and still have a few double shot drinks in a short period of time.
Its also hard to know how many drinks someone has had if they are not drinking in the same spot all day.
I do think that if someone is looking obviously buzzed and on the verge of drunk they should refuse to serve especially when its inside of a park vs like a resort pool bar.

Group mentality makes things worse and obnoxious people ill behave badly with or without alcohol.

I very much enjoy the food and wine festival. I enjoy being able to walk around and buy cocktails. I have never ever seen people puking in the bushes. I have ben going for about 19 years.

sometimes I think the "Epcot drunks" situation is exaggerated significantly in the hopes Disney will remove or limit drinks.

If you are looking for bad behavior you will find it. I had an issue with my knee last year. I stumbled and was called a drunk by the gentleman in line behind me.

We were at Epcot in our first trip with our kids in 2014. We didn’t really know what F&W was. We went to Epcot during the week and it was awesome! We went back on a Saturday night and had to get out of dodge. There were so many 21st birthdays, bachelor, and bachelorette parties that were super rowdy, throwing up, cursing, staggering into things- you name it.
While I’m totally not against a night of debauchery, I prefer not to have my 2 and 4 year old witness that kind of behavior for many many many years. I felt like there should have been some sort of warning. Luckily, MK was a nice place to retreat to:)

Group mentality makes things worse and obnoxious people ill behave badly with or without alcohol.

I very much enjoy the food and wine festival. I enjoy being able to walk around and buy cocktails. I have never ever seen people puking in the bushes. I have ben going for about 19 years.

sometimes I think the "Epcot drunks" situation is exaggerated significantly in the hopes Disney will remove or limit drinks.

If you are looking for bad behavior you will find it. I had an issue with my knee last year. I stumbled and was called a drunk by the gentleman in line behind me.
I agree. It's always the people who have an issue with alcohol being served that encounter the drunks.

Well i live in Chicago and it would phase me. The behavior is disgusting and inappropriate. It should discuss us all!!

Another Chicagoan in the house! I guess I would notice and would certainly disapprove, but I imagine I will see many things I disapprove of at Disney World. In my experience people are awful to their children in stressful situations and situations where they've spent a lot of money so I imagine Disney World is going to be a real smorgasbord. So yeah I would disapprove but it wouldn't really phase me, certainly wouldn't ruin my evening (for that you'd have to throw up on me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter