Just back and a few notes

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We did HB for Fantasmic and people didn’t start lining up until closer to 8.

Jedi Training filled up when we tried to sign up, but they’d also cancelled a show that day which could explain it. We tried to sign up about 12. I signed the kids up to be alternates for the first time. Apparently alternates are assigned in the order of sign up so it doesn’t matter if you are first to the show if someone who got on the alternate list arrives before they start calling names so you don’t need to arrive crazy early.

Still lots of the popcorn buckets available if you are looking for a cauldron or Oogie Boogie.

HM, SM and the Incredicoaster had MP gone pretty early when we were there.

We had lots of slow downs and stops on HM and POTC during multiple rides and HM went down a lot. Ariel and ST also had issues. You might want to do HM early in your day to ensure you see it.

What’s with the carts everyone has for kids now? I don’t remember seeing any in August but they were everywhere. Parents blocked entire bathroom sinks with them. Just one more nuisance to avoid. Speaking of bathrooms, ladies be prepared to air dry your hands. Most of the bathrooms had no paper towels. I told custodians in multiple bathrooms and most didn’t care and one told me they were just stuck.

Skip the cookie shots at GCH. Surprisingly flavorless and even my kids didn’t want a second bite. My kids loved the pumpkin beignets though, and one loves pumpkin and the other doesn’t. They left nothing behind so I’d guess they were more pumpkin light on flavor. DS hated the graveyard cupcake and they both hated the Black Rose desert at the Red Rose Taverne.

What’s with the carts everyone has for kids now? I don’t remember seeing any in August but they were everywhere. Parents blocked entire bathroom sinks with them. Just one more nuisance to avoid. Speaking of bathrooms, ladies be prepared to air dry your hands. Most of the bathrooms had no paper towels. I told custodians in multiple bathrooms and most didn’t care and one told me they were just stuck.
Are you talking about the stroller wagons?

...What’s with the carts everyone has for kids now? I don’t remember seeing any in August but they were everywhere. Parents blocked entire bathroom sinks with them. Just one more nuisance to avoid. Speaking of bathrooms, ladies be prepared to air dry your hands. Most of the bathrooms had no paper towels...
Guests should put a roll of paper towels in their wagons, one new problem solved by another new problem :teacher: :goodvibes

The huge wagons are quickly becoming a significant nuisance
I expect to see these on my next visit :scared:
2880736.main_image.jpg

Are you talking about the stroller wagons?

Most annoying invention of all time. NO ONE EVER needs a WAGON to transport their babies and toddlers through a theme park. I really hope Disney bans these things soon. They are a huge nuisance. It's almost like the person who started that stupid company was trying to "stick it to Disney and their pull behind rule."

I found the pumpkin beignets to be a lot more spice this year than pumpkin than I remember them being the last time I had them. I love pumpkin, not so much spice. I barely finished mine. So yeah, definitely a lot lighter on pumpkin flavor this year. I was not a fan, but glad to hear your kids liked it :)

On the strollers... I keep measuring tape in my purse (costumer... it's a habit). I always want to whip it out and cry foul on the strollers I can see that are clearly too big. Especially when I get hit with one that's too big. I have concerns for the crowds next summer and those behemoth baby rides.

Also just back from a week at DL. We LOVE LOVE MAXpass. If you start using it early in the AM, you can get on so many rides and stack up at least 3 for the evening after a break. We were at PP and could access the system from our room during a rest break, to keep adding rides for when we would be returning at 6-7 pm. We did Halloweentime party on Tuesday, and while crowded, somewhat, it was manageable and sounds MUCH less crowded than MNSSHP this year. Trick or Treating thru Toon Town was GREAT and so cute. Their parade at DL is much shorter but completely different than the one at MK, so we loved it. Got a good spot about an hour before. Also loved the DL Halloween fireworks.

The new version of WoD store opened on Friday and I love it, so much space to push my son's WC around, I welcome the extra space, we will see how long that lasts. We loved the Salt & Straw ice cream.

I do not think those huge wagon strollers are even particularly comfortable for kids to ride in all day. Yes, they are in and out, I get that. But they have no back support and I question kids being able to nap in one, unless just one child is in there. There view of the park is also not as good as facing forward in stroller.

I also saw many of the 2 child strollers where the back sitting child sits up higher than the front seat. I think that is clever.

Those wagons. Ugh. I belong to a couple Disney groups on Facebook and one particular for kids. People feel very strongly about these wagons. The brand name in Keenz. People even having them personalized and re done in Disney fabric.

It’s becoming a “thing”

I don’t get it. We have a culture of putting kids into containers tho. This is like a pack and play on wheels. I hope Disney ban them.

Those wagons. Ugh. I belong to a couple Disney groups on Facebook and one particular for kids. People feel very strongly about these wagons. The brand name in Keenz. People even having them personalized and re done in Disney fabric.

It’s becoming a “thing”

I don’t get it. We have a culture of putting kids into containers tho. This is like a pack and play on wheels. I hope Disney ban them.
I don't have kids, so when I see these, I just try and think that maybe it's easier on the family if their kids are in these...but they are just so large. It can't be easy to move these in crowds...

*no offense to those who use these. They technically follow Disneyland's stroller requirements since they can be pushed*

We did HB for Fantasmic and people didn’t start lining up until closer to 8.

Jedi Training filled up when we tried to sign up, but they’d also cancelled a show that day which could explain it. We tried to sign up about 12. I signed the kids up to be alternates for the first time. Apparently alternates are assigned in the order of sign up so it doesn’t matter if you are first to the show if someone who got on the alternate list arrives before they start calling names so you don’t need to arrive crazy early.

Still lots of the popcorn buckets available if you are looking for a cauldron or Oogie Boogie.

HM, SM and the Incredicoaster had MP gone pretty early when we were there.

We had lots of slow downs and stops on HM and POTC during multiple rides and HM went down a lot. Ariel and ST also had issues. You might want to do HM early in your day to ensure you see it.

Skip the cookie shots at GCH. Surprisingly flavorless and even my kids didn’t want a second bite. My kids loved the pumpkin beignets though, and one loves pumpkin and the other doesn’t. They left nothing behind so I’d guess they were more pumpkin light on flavor. DS hated the graveyard cupcake and they both hated the Black Rose desert at the Red Rose Taverne.
Who even takes their stroller in the bathroom? Eye roll!

I don't have kids, so when I see these, I just try and think that maybe it's easier on the family if their kids are in these...but they are just so large. It can't be easy to move these in crowds...

*no offense to those who use these. They technically follow Disneyland's stroller requirements since they can be pushed*

It probably is easier on the parents because they don't have to walk slow and hold the child's hand. But the kids are paying the long term cost with sky high rates of obesity due to inactivity throughout their formative years. I was recently looking at some family pictures of Disneyland from back in the late 70s and you didn't see many strollers around Disneyland but lots of little kids walking.

But some children have medical issues that makes it difficult or impossible to go without the assistance of a stroller. But absent anything like that, the kids would be better served by exercising/walking.

I hate those wagons. I often wonder how the kids are not fighting the whole time. Both sets of legs are going into the same space. So they either have to sit with their legs crossed or on the lap of the other kid. I guess they work for 1 kid, but doesn't that defeat the purpose? I have seen where one kid is lying flat in the bottom sound asleep. Saw a couple on Saturday trying to get their little one (would guess about 8-9 months old) to sleep in the stroller wagon and the kid was crying and clearly not comfortable.

It’s becoming a “thing”

Thanks for the brand name. I just looked these things up and they are ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!