• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back . . . . a short version of the good, the not-so-good, and the yummy!

puffinp51

Mouseketeer
Spent a week celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It was a great, magical trip. We stayed at the WL and while it wasn't as magical as our other visits there, it was still "home".
The good:
• Loved the Anniversary Buttons.
• Was first on Peter Pan, twice!
• Raglan Road - a new experience and one we will put on our must-do list
• MNSSHP - the fireworks and parade were not-to-be missed and the short ride lines, the candy was good, too :)
• Weather - hot and humid (knew it would be) but very little rain
• Our servers at Whispering Canyon (Landon) and Crystal Palace
• Kona for breakfast
• FP+ worked great for us but was just the two of us and I can see where with large groups with different ages that it might be a challenge. It was nice to walk on Pirates when the stand-by was 50 min.
• Disney theming for Halloween
• Crystal Palace for breakfast - a day that starts with Tigger, is a great day!
• Transportation for the most part was great!
• The best CM's! This trip we only saw happy, engaged CM's. One of my favorite moments came during the Lion King show when one CM took a teenager in a wheelchair out at the end when they do the dancing. The joy on her face, and her parents' faces, had me in tears.

The not-so-good:
• Crowd level was higher than we anticipated. The first few days were good but then it really picked up. We did RD, hopped a lot, and took early afternoons off, but were expecting crowd levels of a 2 or 3, they were more like a 5 or 6. Most late afternoons we were in MK (almost daily :)) the wait for Pirates was 35-50 min., Peter Pan 50-60, and the Mountains 50-75 min. Talked to a few CM's and they said the week right after Labor Day was so slow. One said many southern schools now have a fall break in late September (I have no idea if that's true or not) which is why the crowds were higher when we were there - according to the CM from 22,000 in MK to over 40,000 in MK from that week to when we were there. Still a great time to go (if you don't mind heat or humidity) but just make sure you follow a plan and do RD!
• Disappointed in BOG for dinner. We were celebrating our anniversary and were placed at a table for two (totally fine) that was about a foot away from other tables on either side. We were closer to the other tables than to each other. The table was so long and skinny. They try to cram so many people in that it takes a bit away from the experience. But the ballroom was GORGEOUS! Our server made a big deal out of another of his table's anniversary but that must have been all he had as he pretty much ignored us. And the food was just meh - except for the cupcake and grey stuff, it was delicious!
• Our only rain came during our FP for Wishes so we missed that :( but totally nothing anyone can do about the weather - it was just disappointing as I LOVE wishes. But we decided it was a great adventure standing there in our ponchos in the pouring rain and will be a highlight of our trip!

The yummy:
• Raglan Road Bread Pudding - favorite of the entire trip. And if you ask, they will send you the recipe!
• Kona - macadamia nut and pineapple pancakes
• Crystal Palace for breakfast - everything
• Yak & Yeti's for lunch
• Dole Whips!
• Trails End for lunch

A wonderful trip and we feel blessed to have spent our anniversary in the most magical place on earth! :love:

Spent a week celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It was a great, magical trip. We stayed at the WL and while it wasn't as magical as our other visits there, it was still "home".
The good:
• Loved the Anniversary Buttons.
• Was first on Peter Pan, twice!
• Raglan Road - a new experience and one we will put on our must-do list
MNSSHP - the fireworks and parade were not-to-be missed and the short ride lines, the candy was good, too :)
• Weather - hot and humid (knew it would be) but very little rain
• Our servers at Whispering Canyon (Landon) and Crystal Palace
• Kona for breakfast
• FP+ worked great for us but was just the two of us and I can see where with large groups with different ages that it might be a challenge. It was nice to walk on Pirates when the stand-by was 50 min.
• Disney theming for Halloween
• Crystal Palace for breakfast - a day that starts with Tigger, is a great day!
• Transportation for the most part was great!
• The best CM's! This trip we only saw happy, engaged CM's. One of my favorite moments came during the Lion King show when one CM took a teenager in a wheelchair out at the end when they do the dancing. The joy on her face, and her parents' faces, had me in tears.

The not-so-good:
• Crowd level was higher than we anticipated. The first few days were good but then it really picked up. We did RD, hopped a lot, and took early afternoons off, but were expecting crowd levels of a 2 or 3, they were more like a 5 or 6. Most late afternoons we were in MK (almost daily :)) the wait for Pirates was 35-50 min., Peter Pan 50-60, and the Mountains 50-75 min. Talked to a few CM's and they said the week right after Labor Day was so slow. One said many southern schools now have a fall break in late September (I have no idea if that's true or not) which is why the crowds were higher when we were there - according to the CM from 22,000 in MK to over 40,000 in MK from that week to when we were there. Still a great time to go (if you don't mind heat or humidity) but just make sure you follow a plan and do RD!
• Disappointed in BOG for dinner. We were celebrating our anniversary and were placed at a table for two (totally fine) that was about a foot away from other tables on either side. We were closer to the other tables than to each other. The table was so long and skinny. They try to cram so many people in that it takes a bit away from the experience. But the ballroom was GORGEOUS! Our server made a big deal out of another of his table's anniversary but that must have been all he had as he pretty much ignored us. And the food was just meh - except for the cupcake and grey stuff, it was delicious!
• Our only rain came during our FP for Wishes so we missed that :( but totally nothing anyone can do about the weather - it was just disappointing as I LOVE wishes. But we decided it was a great adventure standing there in our ponchos in the pouring rain and will be a highlight of our trip!

The yummy:
• Raglan Road Bread Pudding - favorite of the entire trip. And if you ask, they will send you the recipe!
• Kona - macadamia nut and pineapple pancakes
• Crystal Palace for breakfast - everything
• Yak & Yeti's for lunch
• Dole Whips!
• Trails End for lunch

A wonderful trip and we feel blessed to have spent our anniversary in the most magical place on earth! :love:
Glad you had a wonderful time ..next year go the day after labor day! I did. Just wonderful ..calm, quiet, beautiful time to visit, I hate crowds..cant wait to go next year same time same channel.

Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for sharing the details. Sounds like a wonderful trip overall. Can't wait to get there myself!!

Happy Anniversary. :yay: Glad you had a nice trip. Going to try Crystal Palace and Yak & Yeti this year, what was your fav things there?

Happy Anniversary. :yay: Glad you had a nice trip. Going to try Crystal Palace and Yak & Yeti this year, what was your fav things there?
Thank you so much!

We did the CP breakfast before rope drop so we could get into the park early - my favorite Disney thing to do. Love Main Street with just a few others around (and how we got to be first on Peter Pan!). The buffet has a lot of great things but I admit I am partial to the puffed french toast found on 'kids' buffet. The fruit is fresh and very tasty, too, and the omelets look delicious but I didn't have one this trip. I just really love the atmosphere of this place. And it doesn't hurt to start the day off with Tigger!

At Yak & Yeti I've never had a bad meal. I love the fried cheesecake wontons and pineapple for dessert - they're amazing. The bourbon chicken was terrific as well. We had an early lunch and were seated by the upstairs window which was really cool as we could people watch in the nice cool air conditioning!

Hope you like them as much as I did! Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Thank you so much!

We did the CP breakfast before rope drop so we could get into the park early - my favorite Disney thing to do. Love Main Street with just a few others around (and how we got to be first on Peter Pan!). The buffet has a lot of great things but I admit I am partial to the puffed french toast found on 'kids' buffet. The fruit is fresh and very tasty, too, and the omelets look delicious but I didn't have one this trip. I just really love the atmosphere of this place. And it doesn't hurt to start the day off with Tigger!

At Yak & Yeti I've never had a bad meal. I love the fried cheesecake wontons and pineapple for dessert - they're amazing. The bourbon chicken was terrific as well. We had an early lunch and were seated by the upstairs window which was really cool as we could people watch in the nice cool air conditioning!

Hope you like them as much as I did! Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Thank you, sounds great! I have an 8:20 at Crystal Palace, so it will be nice to see Main St without a ton of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter