Just Back 9 day trip with 7 Day Park Hopper

Duck143

DIS Veteran
Hi Dis'ers,
We just got back yesterday from our 9 day trip with 7 day park hopper tickets.

First of all, it was the rainiest trip I have ever had in Disney. I wish I had brought my 2 DS raincoats from home when I packed, but the forecast before had looked sunny and in the 90's when I packed! If you see a lot of storms and rain in your forecast, bring raincoats and crocs for the kiddos. They can maneuver in them much easier than ponchos which my kids trip over.

Park Day 1 was EPCOT and dinner O'hana. We started out at Frozen ride and then made our way to the front of the park before heading back to the WS. If it's dry, take as many photos as you can. The Photopass photographers scatter in the rain. I had Memory Maker and photos were important to us, so we made taking pics a priority when the weather cooperated. The boys loved asking about the Magic Shots.
I did find that EPCOT was filled with a ton of drinking parties, like bachelorette and bridal parties. They started around 10 am drinking. I have absolutely nothing against partying or drinking. I love relaxing with a glass of wine or cocktail in the different countries around the WS, but I did get a bit tired of the groups pushing us around. O'hana was as always wonderful and too much food. The wait time to get our table was long, so book your ADR ealier than you want to eat.

Park Day 2 was MK with PPO BOG and dinner at Via Napoli. MK was so much more enjoyable for us this trip compared to previous now that they changed the security to the transportation area and the monorail is operating. It was so less stressful getting into this park! The PPO at BOG went smoothly with the pre-orodering done. The food was tasty and the service was great. We were out of there in no time and we were able to get on SM, Buzz, Little Mermaid all before our FP for 7DMT at 9:45am. We left the park as it started to rain that day and cleaned up for our dinner at Via Napoli. We were able to get FP+ for TT, but they were cancelled due to the weather, so we used them at Soarin and stopped to see Baymax before dinner in Italy. Via Napoli was great and our server was beyond pleasant!

Park Day 3 was HS with PPO at H&V and dinner at Crystal Palace
The main goal here was to get 2 DS (4 and 7) signed up for Jedi Training and build their lightsabers. The weather had other plans! It was pouring when we showed up and it was super difficult trying to figure out the best time to choose for a show that wouldn't get cancelled. We looked at the weather forecast and settled on 1pm with fingers crossed. Breakfast at H&V was good. The food was hot and it was fine. The kids loved the characters especially the new Goofy addition. After breakfast we walked around and tried to get some of our FP+ done and then went back to JT for check in. The have the kids get all prepared and they march them down the street in the rain. They wait until the very last second to cancel and if they do cancel, which they did for our 1pm show (even though the rain stopped!!) they bring the kids inside Star Tours to take a photo with Darth Vader. The 1:30pm show went on as scheduled. However, I was able to get my 2 DS into a 3pm show and they were able to get that show done between showers and the boys fought Vader and Kylo Ren. It was the highlight of their (and ours!) week!! DH and I celebrated battling the weather with a drink at the Taphouse. After that, we park hopped to MK and we were able to get FP for HM and POTC before checking into CP. We loved this buffet and the Pooh characters are adorable. Right after dinner, we joined the crowd for FW viewing. What a beautiful show!

Park Day 4 was AK with dinner at Chef de France
We arrived at 8:51am and proceeded straight for Pandora with intentions on standy for Na'Vi. Wait time listed was 50 minutes, but we waited less and we all thought it was a beautiful ride worth waiting for. After that, we had FP+ for FoP. It was awesome!! I didn't want anyone to give me spoilers, so I won't spoil it, but it's worth the hype and the wait if you have to stand in line! AK is a tough park during storms. The shut down everything, even the walk through attractions. It's difficult to keep running back and forth between things to see what will reopen. We wasted a lot of time this trip huddling in shops from torrential downpours and then figuring what was open once the rain stopped.
We did the Safari, which was a lot of fun in the rain because the animals were more active. We park hopped to EPCOT and walked WS and scored a a reservation for France for 6pm that same night. This dinner was great. I would definitely recommend eating here if you're looking to eat in one of the countries. We caught Illuminations as we walked around WS to exit. It was wonderful!

Park Day 5 was MK with PPO at BOG and dinner at Garden Grill
I had originally booked 2 PPO at BOG with intentions of cancelling 1, but we enjoyed the first time so much, we kept the second. I couldn't get preorder to work the day before, so we had to order at arrival. It was still great and worth doing! Again, MK was super enjoyable, especially early in the morning. We got all out planned FP done early and then got new ones and we were even able to get HM and then BTMR for 7 of us. Then we park hopped to EPCOT where we went on SE with a FP, ate dinner at the Garden Grill. This time dinner here wasn't as good as previous times. The food was pretty good, but characters seemed quick and service was slow. Dinner here took a long time and I was anxious to get out into the park. We did a walk onto the Nemo ride after dinner and then left before FW.

Park Day 6 was AK with Breakfast TH ROL pkg and dinner at Yak & Yeti
Breakfast was pretty good except the CM were confused about which side of the table to put the kids because of the characters, so we kept having to switch them. That made everything a bit chaotic. They also forgot to give us our RoL passes, so we had to run back to get those before dinner! We had FP for FoP again, so that was great and then we did the other attractions we missed the other day. It was a stormy day, so they kept closing the attractions. Everyone was jamming the streets. Once reopened, things got a bit better. We had dinner at Yak & Yeti and then went to Pandora to buy a Banshee and see it lit up at night. It started to rain pretty heavy by then, so we tried to stay to see the tree lit up, but we ended up leaving without seeing much and never used our RoL passes. Pretty bummed about that. Second trip that we missed that show. Oh well!

Park Day 7 Hopped - EPCOT and HS dinner at Mama Melrose
The only time I could get a FP for TT was Saturday morning, so we started our day at EPCOT for that and then we had a FP for Character spot and the Land. Once those 3 were done, I was able to get one for 12:30 for TSM at HS! I was excited because I didn't even know these were available again. We hopped over to HS, saw the great Star Wars show on the main stage and did our FP, scored a FP for Star Tours, followed by the Indiana Jones show, which was cancelled a bunch all week die to the storms. We were lucky to see the show in its entirety before the rain started. We went into the Launch Bay while it poured. My kids could spend hours in there, so they didn't mind. We then had to truck through the rain back to Mama Melrose for dinner. I had booked a F! Pkg, but we were able to change that at our table. I just didn't think it was worth paying the extra $$ since it was pouring and the show might be cancelled. I was able to grab FP+ for the show in case. Dinner was excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant! I had a RS for ToT, so at 8pm, we walked down for that. After the ride, the rain slowed and the stopped. Like a Disney Magic miracle! Our family was able to end the trip by watching Fantasmic! Never did anyone think that rain would stop, but there was a hole in the storm!

I hope you guys didn't get too bored and feel free to ask me any questions! I hope some of this info helps you plan your trips!!!!! I can't wait to plan a new (and drier ;) ) one soon!!!!

Sounds like a great trip! A few trips ago we had the same thing happen with Jedi Training and rain. The kids were all suited up and ready to go and then it was cancelled. Unfortunately it was the last show of the day so there was no rescheduling. We did get pictures with Darth Vader but the lighting was terrible. Anyway, I'm hoping to get the kids signed up again on our next trip in October.

Thanks for the trip report! Our trip last June was rain, rain, rain. Everyday, almost all day.

Agree with the rain jackets, the light weight ponchos did not hold up.

Thanks for the thorough report! Rain sucks at Disney. Glad you were still able to mostly accomplish what you planned.

Dan

Thank you for posting your experience! I'm sure that it will make many who are going this week and expecting rainy weather feel better about it.

Sounds like a great trip! A few trips ago we had the same thing happen with Jedi Training and rain. The kids were all suited up and ready to go and then it was cancelled. Unfortunately it was the last show of the day so there was no rescheduling. We did get pictures with Darth Vader but the lighting was terrible. Anyway, I'm hoping to get the kids signed up again on our next trip in October.
Getting there super early, or getting an 8am ADR for H&V will get you any show time you want. It saves you from all the stress and my kids love seeing the Disney Jr characters and the buffet. I even let them have ice cream at the end if they eat well. I hope you get JT done in October!

Thank you for posting your experience! I'm sure that it will make many who are going this week and expecting rainy weather feel better about it.
The rain was annoying, but you have to try to keep a good attitude and be flexible with your plans. You can get everything done if you adjust as you go along :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter