Just Back - 8/22-8/28

ekms

Earning My Ears
Just back from a week long trip - it was wonderful! Here are the highlights:

* We stayed at the Grand Floridian in Boca Chica. They are doing some roofing and painting work, but we didn't find it to be disruptive. Boca Chica was nice, but I hated walking around the pool to get to the main building. It only adds a minute or two to your walk, but when you're late to the bus, it makes a difference!

* We rope dropped SDD during 7am EMH at HS. We caught the bus from GF at 5:59am (eek!), and were able to get on SDD with about a 10 min wait and then ride Aliens, TSMM, and move onto RnRC. We rode RnRC 5 times with no wait, until our bodies couldn't take the jostling any more. If you're willing to get up early, you can get a ton done very quickly.

* We used the refresh strategy for fastpasses, and it worked great for us! We were able to move FP times earlier, get new FPs through late afternoon with minimal refreshing. I did have to do significant refreshing (maybe 100 times?) to move our SDD and SDMT fast passes, but I was able to do both while waiting in line. Other fastpasses took 2-10 refreshes to get. I found it was best to pick a non-optimal time for the ride I wanted, and then modify again to get the time I wanted.

* Crowds were definitely low while we were there (touring plans had some days rated as a 1), especially for MK on mornings/early afternoons before the MNSSHP. It made getting FPs easier, so your refresh mileage may vary when the park is more crowded. Yay for August! :)

* We did EMM one morning and were able to ride SDMT 8 times and Peter Pan once. It was more crowded than when we had done it two years ago, but still very fun. Breakfast was great!

Just back from a week long trip - it was wonderful! Here are the highlights:

* We stayed at the Grand Floridian in Boca Chica. They are doing some roofing and painting work, but we didn't find it to be disruptive. Boca Chica was nice, but I hated walking around the pool to get to the main building. It only adds a minute or two to your walk, but when you're late to the bus, it makes a difference!

* We rope dropped SDD during 7am EMH at HS. We caught the bus from GF at 5:59am (eek!), and were able to get on SDD with about a 10 min wait and then ride Aliens, TSMM, and move onto RnRC. We rode RnRC 5 times with no wait, until our bodies couldn't take the jostling any more. If you're willing to get up early, you can get a ton done very quickly.

* We used the refresh strategy for fastpasses, and it worked great for us! We were able to move FP times earlier, get new FPs through late afternoon with minimal refreshing. I did have to do significant refreshing (maybe 100 times?) to move our SDD and SDMT fast passes, but I was able to do both while waiting in line. Other fastpasses took 2-10 refreshes to get. I found it was best to pick a non-optimal time for the ride I wanted, and then modify again to get the time I wanted.

* Crowds were definitely low while we were there (touring plans had some days rated as a 1), especially for MK on mornings/early afternoons before the MNSSHP. It made getting FPs easier, so your refresh mileage may vary when the park is more crowded. Yay for August! :)

* We did EMM one morning and were able to ride SDMT 8 times and Peter Pan once. It was more crowded than when we had done it two years ago, but still very fun. Breakfast was great!
Here now and can confirm the lack of crowds.

Pretty great to see substantial pavement

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!