Just back 6/22-7/1

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a wonderful 9 night stay at the GF.

The good:

*Wonderful cast members everywhere we went. So impressed with the professionalism of all the staff.
*Minnie Vans are AWESOME! Love how quick it is to get from point to point. We used them 3 times and thought each cast member was wonderful. We will definitely continue to use this service even though it is quite pricey when you add in the tip.
*SDD was so much fun!!!
*Loved the Chewbacca meet and greet! We never do meet and greets but this one was awesome!
*We ate at Sci Fi for the first time. LOVED it!! So fun!
*Loved the GF. We can't imagine ever staying anywhere else in the future. We were upgraded from a standard view to a lagoon view. We had a clear view of Space Mountain and were able to see the fireworks over the castle each night as well as the electrical water parade.
*We purchased AP's knowing that we were returning to Disney next year. It was much cheaper than purchasing 10 day passes 2 years in a row along with MM. We used the AP discount on merchandise and saved well over $200 this trip alone.

The not so good:
*We loved toy story land but the lack of shade is awful. It is truly designed like an old fashioned amusement park and not like most Disney attractions where you can hide from the unbearable sun. There is even a large portion of the line for TSMM that is now in the sun. It seems like awfully poor planning on Disney's part. We were there on opening day and were very thankful that it was raining. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if it was the typical sunny, 95 degree day in June/July.
*AS2 is not a very smooth ride, in fact, it is quite rough and "bouncy". We have friends that have ridden the Mater ride in Disneyland and they say that the ride there is very smooth. It seems like something is wrong with this ride.
*Chef Mickey's was pretty bad. The server just wanted to turn our table and that was clear to us as soon as we sat down. After eating here the past 5 years, I think that I am ready for a break.
*T-Rex was awful. Our order must have been lost because people that sat down after us were able to eat their food and leave before we even had our order delivered. The waitress was not interested in us at all and never explained the delay. The food was just "ok" at best. I had a really hard time getting this reservation and there was a huge wait outside when we arrived. However, at least half of the restaurant was empty during our entire meal.

All in all it was an amazing trip. We are already planning our stay for next year and can't wait!

We had the same experience with T-Rex in May. Was a pretty poor experience. We won't be going back either. We also have had similar experiences with Chef Mickeys as well as stopped going there several years ago too.

Thanks for the report!

I have read a lot of reports concerning the lack of shade/air conditioning. DH loves the heat/sun, so we go in June. I will not be happy standing in those queue lines with out air conditioning! I think we will just tour at night next year. We are going in Oct this year, but I think I will wait until next June to visit this land.

Sorry to hear about T-Rex, this eatery has always been one of our favorites.

Glad that you liked the GF. I did too, last Jan. The staff was great. Loved the lobby, Mizners and the band upstairs.

Did u dine @ CM’s for dinner or bfast? My friend returned last week and loved brunch.

We were there for breakfast. This was our 5th time here for breakfast in the past 5 years. My husband was so disappointed that they no longer make fresh crepes.

As soon as we sat down our waitress began to speak "at" us and not "to" us. She was quite annoyed when I interrupted her routine... She had asked/stated that everyone would be ok with orange juice. I had to tell her that I cannot drink it and she actually physically sighed and stared at me. She was rushing us to get our food before the characters came to our table even though they were already in the room. We did as she asked but you could tell that she didn't want us to be there or for us to ask any questions. When we tried to engage her in conversation to ask questions she was obviously frustrated with us. In all fairness, this is the first time in 5 years that we have felt this way so perhaps it was a one-off experience. However this experience was enough that we won't return for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!