Just Back 5/9-5/13: Wonderful Trip to Yacht Club - here are the highlights!

MsGlassSlipper

Mouseketeer
We had a blast combining old and new, parks and relaxation. Here are the new-to-us highlights, in no particular order...

Yacht Club
: DH and I just got back from our first stay at the Yacht Club (and first time staying in the Epcot area), and we couldn't have been happier with our experience! We were able to get a good deal about a month out, cheaper than Beach Club and Boardwalk, and are now totally spoiled! :-) One thing I didn't realize would be such an added bonus to our experience was just they layout of the resort and resort area itself - hardly ever seeing cars, and just having water, pools, and boardwalk as we gazed out really made this feel not just like a true, relaxing vacation. Stormalong Bay was wonderful. We were able to wander into Epcot one night after dinner, grab an ice cream cone (see below), and grab a great spot for Illuminations at the last minute. The staff was wonderful, the grounds were lovely, and the location was beyond perfect for us.

EMH at AK: FOP was fantastic! Since we planned late, we never got a fastpass for FOP. We rope dropped EMH on Thursday, our first full day there, which worked out really well. Our goal had been to get there by 7:30, but instead ended up walking into the park just at 8:00 as the park formally opened and The Circle of Life played, which was apropos and uplifting. We waited about 20 minutes for FOP and were so impressed by it. Navi River...meh. Very pretty, impressive audio animatronic, but not a must do for us.

Expedition Everest...at night: Super dark. Super scary. Super fun. I swear they make all the "holds" longer...or it just feels eerily long when it's dark outside.

Miss Adventure Falls at Typhoon Lagoon:
We LOVE Typhoon Lagoon. It's such a relaxing vibe for us, and Crush'n Gusher has always been a favorite of ours. We rode Miss Adventure Falls a couple of times and laughed the whole way down. We got to Typhoon Lagoon around noon and had no problem getting chairs and onto slides quickly.

L'Artisan des Glaces: On what ended up being an ice cream tour for me over 5 days, L'Artisan des Glaces had the BEST ice cream, in my opinion. Super creamy, not too sweet. Yum.

Voices of Liberty: Finally made time to sit down and listen to them. They are so incredibly talented, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house when we were done.

Happily Ever After: Beautiful, tear jerking, but I feel like it's hard to be in the perfect spot to see the castle projections clearly and not be too close for fireworks. In any case, I was sad to see Wishes go, but this was lovely.

Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

We have never made it on to EE at night, but that's on the "must do" list for September. And L'Artisan des Glaces sounds delicious! May have to give it a try!

Sounds like so much fun! I am doing a split stay between AS Movies and Yacht Club this September and I am so excited for Yacht Club because I have never stayed there (or any deluxe actually), but it seems like it is going to be so convenient for Epcot and hopefully HS!

@mamamelody2 yes, highly recommend L'Artisan des Glaces! Whenever our "next time" is, I would love to go there more than once so I can also try one of their ice cream sandwiches with either a macaron or brioche roll, while still reserving one visit for a classic cone :-)

@disneyfreak202 This was our first true deluxe experience as well. We had done moderates twice and Bay Lake Tower a couple of times (others in our family own DVC points), but we both liked this better. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Have a great trip :-)

One thing I didn't realize would be such an added bonus to our experience was just they layout of the resort and resort area itself - hardly ever seeing cars, and just having water, pools, and boardwalk as we gazed out really made this feel not just like a true, relaxing vacation. Stormalong Bay was wonderful. We were able to wander into Epcot one night after dinner, grab an ice cream cone (see below), and grab a great spot for Illuminations at the last minute. The staff was wonderful, the grounds were lovely, and the location was beyond perfect for us.
We stayed at the Yacht Club on a family trip in 2016 and LOVED it too. It is one of my favourite resorts on property.

Expedition Everest...at night: Super dark. Super scary. Super fun. I swear they make all the "holds" longer...or it just feels eerily long when it's dark outside.
Isn't that the best!

Miss Adventure Falls at Typhoon Lagoon:
Will have to try this in August!

L'Artisan des Glaces
Totally agree, I am in love with the white chocolate coconut ice cream there.

Voices of Liberty
I made time for this on my birthday trip two years ago and thought it was wonderful. So uplifting!

Happily Ever After:
Even as a huge Wishes fan, I really love HEA. It has such a great message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!