Just back 2/18-2/24

Gussie Granger 1969

Mouseketeer
We just returned from an awesome trip. It was me (45), DH (45), DS (14) and DD (12).

Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Coming onto this site and hearing people rave about this place made me curious so we booked it and it did not disappoint. We loved it. We had one problem and I have just one tiny complaint. On our arrival day, they told us when we were checking in that we needed to pay for the balance, no problem, gave them our credit card and off we went to our first park. I was excited to try the new to us mobile ordering app. As we entered the gate, and headed to Electric Umbrella, I went to place my order and it says our credit card was invalid. Shouldn't be, we just used it at WBC. So we order in line, not a bad line, and discover our credit card was frozen due to unusual activity. Great. Why? Because they charged the wrong amount at WBC, credited it, made a new wrong charge, credited it and then made a new charge. Three charges over $8000 in a short time so they froze it. My DH was on the phone with our cc company and WBC during our dinner and sorted it all out. As a sorry, they gave us a $100 Visa gift card. It did make up for the inconvenience and we were grateful. My only personal complaint was that the pool water was too warm, I could even say hot. After an overheated morning at the parks, I wanted to soak in a cool pool to bring my temperature down and it wasn't refreshing at all, made me even hotter. I love a cold pool to cool off. We were in building 4, so used that pool and the lazy river near building 5. Other than that, the room was clean and practical. We will most likely stay here next visit. One more thing: we didn't even think about room requesting and they put us on the bottom floor and at first was slightly bummed not having a balcony to sit on but then realized (and loved) not having to wait for a single elevator the entire trip, so it turned out fine.

CMs & park guests
Every single CM was polite and smiling and kind. Park guests were very polite as well. We didn't have one bad experience as I do read some on here occasionally. Oh and bathrooms seemed clean to me. Some smelled but that's just expected, didn't have anything to do with how clean a bathroom is.

Disney Springs during a weekday morning 2/20
We went on Wed the 20th to try The Void and it was so nice and uncrowded. I loved it. Very relaxing. The Void was fun, not my kind of thing but everyone else loved it.

President's Week crowds
It was crowded. But if you have a good plan, which we did, you can get a lot done. I'm the planner and I read a lot, research, crunch numbers, read what people are saying on the boards and make daily plans, print them and carry them with me in the parks. They saved us so much time, worked almost flawlessly. FP lines were for the most part very short. I took pictures so I would have a timestamp from the time we scanned the Micky reader to the time we stepped off the ride and two mentions were SDD had a total time of 4 minutes and FoP was a total of 24 minutes. This impressed me how quickly FP lines were this trip. The only rides that were down this trip: TT, FEA & EE for a short time (DH & DS ended up riding twice when it came back up due to short line).

MK on a Thurs vs. a Sat
You would think I would have been smart enough to avoid MK on a Sat but I kind of didn't realize until I saw someone on here saying "never go to MK on a Sat" but it actually turned out fine. There are so many rules to go by and that one just slipped my mind when we were planning. So Thursday actually turned out worse for us and seemed way more crowded than Sat and I'll tell you why. Thurs went like this: BTMR, Splash, HM & IASW. Now I've done this before and there was no wait for HM when we have done it in the past. Until this time. 20 min wait. OK so we get in line because we all want to do it but it puts us back 20 minutes. Go to IASW, 15 min wait when it should have been less that time of day. We ride because DD loves this ride. Those 2 rides ended up costing us our JC FP, we didn't miss our time but the FP line was too long (first and only one we walked away from) and it was lunch time in like 10 minutes so we just ate lunch at Pecos (their fajita platter was good). The rest of the day went perfectly. As Saturday approaches, I panic a little so I do something that wasn't necessary. This was the plan: PP, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Teacups then meet the boys in TL and ride the Peoplemover. I change a later FP and change it to Dumbo for me and my DD. Not necessary, even on a Sat. This is how it went: Headed to PP and didn't even get held up in their que (kind of disappointing so no need to rush there IMHO, next time we will stroll there) 9-9:12, Little Mermaid, 9:16-9:26, Dumbo (posted 10 minute wait but there were empty Dumbos as we approached so it was more like a 5 minute wait, waste of FP) 9:28-9:34, Teacups 9:40-9:45, headed to People mover with no wait and did anytime rides & used FPs for the rest of the day. My DH & DD went back in the evening to ride some rides and watch fireworks and he said it was the worst crowds he had ever been in. So I guess avoid MK on Saturdays in the evenings, if possible. Daytime was fine.

Arts Festival 2/22
I anticipated it being more crowded in WS because of this but it wasn't at all. My DD painted the paint by number mural and we had several of the pictures taken.

Star Wars fireworks 2/20
One evening we watched Movie Magic and the Star Wars fireworks. Not only is this a great show, there was so much room to find a spot and the crowds weren't too bad leaving, people walked at a nice fast pace and we got out of there quickly. Everything seemed very efficient this trip, low traffic, quick service, quick FP lines. We really enjoyed our time this year, we'll be back a few more years and will be looking forward to GE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter