• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back 12-27 1st time IOA.....

LvsTnk

Home is AKV&BLT
A great time was had by all!!!! Youngest son was not feeling too well, but there would have been plenty to keep him busy while the older kids enjoyed the park. We spent most of our time with him enjoying Grinchmas, but he did ride Spiderman 3 times ( I think this is what wiped him out for the rest of the day LOL!).

This day was a Christmas present for my 15yr old DS who has been a Marvel Comic fan forever!! I thought he was gonna go nuts when all the characters came out on the cycles. So funny to see the cool teenager become a little kid again!

We arrived at the entrance at about 8:45?? I was not happy with arriving sooo late during this time of year! We stopped in Guest Relations to get my other DS a card to use his stroller as wheel chair, the older 2 kids could not wait to get started so we let them take off. No problem getting the card and they were very helpful.

We met up with the older kids in front of Spiderman, and we had ridden once and they had done Hulk 2x's and Dr. Doom once. We all rode Spiderman 2 more times.

We headed over to Suess and the big guys went to ride Dueling Dragons. By the time we got finished seeing the Grinch the other guys had already done both sides of Dragons and headed towards Jurassic Park River Adventure (thinking of their Mother...they bought ponchoes to wear LOL). They joined their little brother to ride the Cat in the Hat 2x's. and then we headed for Mythos!!

Feeling that we had accomplished alot by this time 11:30, I was very happy to enjoy the atmosphere at Mythos. The restaurant was very beautiful and relaxing my teenager is in heaven by this point because this park is everything he has always been interested in. We had a good server and enjoyed our meal very much. Before the check came the older guys were off again to do Posiedon's Fury (a 45min. wait ) my son insists they wait and we head back to Whoville.

By this time all the Whoville Christmas Characters are out and getting ready for the first act of the Whobilation. We hang out here and then we get the call.......YOU GOTTA GET OVER HERE......The X-MEN Characters Are All Out And I Don't Have A Camera!!!! We buzz on over for Pics and are impressed by the music and all the characers. Any teenager would be in heaven here.

DS has thanked us a million times for his day and we head over to US to do Barney, MIB, and Twister.

We are not as impressed with this side of the park, but we had a good time. At 5pm DS heads back over to IOA to look through the shops and we head to Citywalk to look through the Surfer shop, and yes.........I gave in....... the smell from those Cinnebon rolls was too much to resist.

We left at about 6:30 pm feeling like we accomplished alot and that we would definately come back to IOA and make a reservation for Emeril's!!!

Thanks to all of you on the DIS!! For the guidebook purchase tip, ticket deal tip, and for the great reviews of Mythos. I have enjoyed reading all of your posts!!

Glad you had a great time. I am originally from West Lafayette, IN so i know what kind of weather you left behind so this weather must have been great for you.

If you thought the food at MYTHOS was good, we are eagerly anticipating the NEW YEARS feast they have been working on.

Happy new year and try to stay warm. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter