Just Back 11/2-11/11 Jersey Week

mi*vida*loca

Collect memories, not things
We just got back late Sunday night/early Monday morning. We had a fabulous time. It was just DD12 and myself on a mother daughter trip.

Crowds – We are used to going in August or early March so crowds were definitely higher but we still managed to do everything we wanted. Including riding our faves multiple times. We never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride. The walkways would be very congested but once you got through that it wasn’t bad and I’m not the type that likes crowds. Epcot on 11/10 was complete insanity by 2 pm (we arrived at 11 am). We weren’t doing the festival kiosks but instead just exploring the countries. Going into the countries and exploring wasn’t bad, the issue was getting to the next country. It was a sea of people!!! I started to get nervous and grabbed DD’s hand and made our way out at 2 pm. Thankfully we stayed at Boardwalk and could pop in and out but we completely avoided it on our last day. IMO it's still a very manageable week and I wouldn't hesitate to go that week again.

MDE and FP+ - The app worked 90% of the time. I was usually on my Verizon network since I have unlimited data. We got plenty of extra FP+, especially at MK. I saw all headliners pop up except for FOP and the TSL rides.

Weather – It was hot and humid. I heard a lot of locals say it was unseasonably warm. We only had rain on our first day and we missed most of it during our dinner at BOG. Other than that it never rained or we missed it.

Touring Plans – The app is so worth it. Many times rides would have a high wait time, I would check the TP app and it would say 10 minutes, we would get in line and it was absolutely correct. One time FOP had a 180 minute wait posted and the app said it was really 88 minutes. We had FP so didn’t try that one out.

Bathrooms – The bathrooms were always clean. MK always had 1-3 people cleaning them every time I used one and I go to the bathroom a lot. LOL The only time the bathroom was dirty was at AK but it was the disabled stall and I think someone had a mishap who wasn’t mobile. There were feces on the toilet smeared all over. It was about 9:15 am so I think it just happened.

Food – We never had a bad meal. We ate at YM, BOG, B&C, ESPN, VN, MM and plenty of QS places. We made most of our ADR’s the day of or the day before. We saw plenty of openings for every single restaurant including Ohana, BOG, Chef Mickey’s and lots more popular places.

Strollers – Holy monstrosity strollers. I saw a stroller that was literally the size of a Prius. I need to find it online. OMG it was huge. Who needs a stroller that big??? We never got hit by a stroller but people, don’t let your toddler push a stroller in a busy MK then get mad when people are dodging your kid or bumping into him. We can’t even see him. He’s short!

ECV – I saw two people get run over by people driving insanely on the ECV. I think one lady just got flustered right outside of SDD and tried to get out of there. She hit the gas, tried to do a uturn and ran over the back of one lady’s foot. It was awful. I also saw one guy tip over when he tried to do a uturn on his ECV. I’m afraid to see how these people drive cars!!

Bag check – Never waited long at all. Sometimes we got stuck behind someone with a stroller and 4646546498 bags. But other than that we were fine.

Strategy – I realized we are strictly RD, midday break by the pool and PM park people. We can’t do the parks from 1pm-5pm. It’s not for us. We had 10 days so by day 5 we just did sleep in, pool time and then a park around 4 pm. We got lots done close to closing. Especially at MK. Once people go to watch the fireworks crowds die down a lot.

MVMCP - We enjoyed it but it’s a one and done for us. The crowds were way too high for a special event. The fireworks and parade and snow on main street were amazing but again, the crowds. The crowds were higher than a regular MK day for us. We weren't at the party to ride rides so it wasn't the wait times that bothered us but just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere was difficult due to the crowds.

HEA dessert party – This was worth it. I don’t know how people deal with the crowds on Main Street. We walked through it one night and I was having anxiety. I couldn’t imagine squeezing into that to watch the show.

F&W festival – After one afternoon eating at the kiosks I was over it. Standing in line (and I went at 11 am so there weren’t really any lines, mostly just walk up or 2-3 people in line) for bite size portions of food that cost $5-8. And the drinks…hahaha….shot sizes of wine/beer at those prices. DD12 was not feeling it either. I live in an area with lots of diversity in restaurants so after a few kiosks I was just like eh. This is all stuff I can get at home. I have eaten and drank around the world before with my SO when there wasn’t a festival and it was fun. The lines on Saturday, 11/10, were 20-50 people deep at each kiosk. I couldn’t imagine doing that for a morsel of food.

With that said we had amazing time. Now back to the real world!

Last edited:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sounds like an awesome trip. I agree that the TP wait times are great. As much as I laugh at "crowd calendars", the real time wait postings I find to be accurate and very valuable.

LOL...sort of...on the EV drivers.

Glad crowds weren't too bad, and the restrooms were clean. That's always been our experience as well. Considering how many people use the restrooms...and have no regard for making an effort not to be sloppy, I'm very impressed with how well WDW maintains them.

Thanks for posting! Sounds like you had an awesome trip!:goodvibesCan absolutely relate, when we were there in October on a 5 night trip, only did F&W booths one weeknight evening for dinner, the other 4 nights did TS which we enjoyed, more relaxing for us. Just our personal preference after going to F&W, a few years now, can’t eat dinner at the booths standing up more than one evening ! ::yes::

Thanks for posting! Sounds like you had an awesome trip!:goodvibesCan absolutely relate, when we were there in October on a 5 night trip, only did F&W booths one weeknight evening for dinner, the other 4 nights did TS which we enjoyed, more relaxing for us. Just our personal preference after going to F&W, a few years now, can’t eat dinner at the booths standing up more than one evening ! ::yes::

Yes after that we either did QS and we did VN one day. The kiosks I did try were very good though!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sounds like an awesome trip. I agree that the TP wait times are great. As much as I laugh at "crowd calendars", the real time wait postings I find to be accurate and very valuable.

LOL...sort of...on the EV drivers.

Glad crowds weren't too bad, and the restrooms were clean. That's always been our experience as well. Considering how many people use the restrooms...and have no regard for making an effort not to be sloppy, I'm very impressed with how well WDW maintains them.

Yes I would get the app just for the wait times every single time. We definitely had an awesome time!

Just back as well from trip this weekend and pretty much agree with everything. Crowded but very manageable for those who know what they're doing with FP planning and getting add'l ones. We did make sure to avoid Epcot Fri/Sat night). Rope dropped every day and was able to do SDD, TSM, and Na'vi that way and then head to other parts of the park for walkons for an hour while everyone else was there.

I did notice compared to past trips getting add'l FP for some rides was harder but most of the time something popped up for very soon on most lower and mid-tier rides but still able to get Splash, Test Track, and Soarin as add'l ones (the TT one we got for 6 of us at 1pm for 1:05 and yet we hardly saw Pooh come up all weekend which my wife loves!) We also did the HEA dessert party Sunday after having experienced the hub on a non-party night last year and boy was it worth it! The app was definitely glitchy (I think a mix of park wifi issues and app issues) but usually resolved itself within 5-10 minutes - annoying but nothing that ultimately caused any issues.

One of our best trips in recent memory for rides not going down. We actually had 3 anytime FP they gave us from last trip when we had ride after ride go down after we were in line).

We were there as well last week - had a fantastic trip!!

It was our busiest trip as well - but we had our fast passes and had awesome luck with getting 4th, 5th, 6th and sometimes more fast passes on the fly. We also used the touring plans app a lot as well and found that to be very accurate. We also had fun playing with the app and submitting our own wait times.

I think MVMCP is a once and done for us as well - maybe because it's so early in the season, but I don't think we were ready for so much holiday cheer - lol! We mostly used the evening to ride rides with low waits.

Some of our favorite highlights from the week: Food and Wine breakfast at Chef's de France (so good!), riding Flights of Passage for the first (and second, and third!) times - that ride is truly amazing! We had two fast passes for it but also rope dropped on an EMH morning and walked with the crowd back to the ride. Morning Magic at Toy Story land - fantastic experience! We rode slinky dog 5 times, alien swirling saucers twice, and toy story mania three times. The breakfast was pretty good too! We also fell in love with the Wilderness Lodge. Such a peaceful and beautiful resort. Our favorite meal of the trip was Jiko. Favorite meal memory was being one of the last families to leave Artist Point on their last night of serving before switching to Snow White.

I was there last week also! Nov 3-9. I agree about the weather. We were there last year same week and the weather was fantastic.
Also agree that it was crowded, but totally manageable. We had fantastic luck with FPs and didn't wait for anything.
It sounds like you had a fantastic trip, just like we did!!!

I would like to add that Mobile Ordering is AMAZING! We used it everywhere we could. It worked very well for us.

When we were waiting for the MVMCP fireworks I ordered a meal at Casey's, walked it, picked it up and brought it out to the Plaza Garden. DD and I shared that while we waited. Took all of 3 minutes.

Just back as well from trip this weekend and pretty much agree with everything. Crowded but very manageable for those who know what they're doing with FP planning and getting add'l ones. We did make sure to avoid Epcot Fri/Sat night). Rope dropped every day and was able to do SDD, TSM, and Na'vi that way and then head to other parts of the park for walkons for an hour while everyone else was there.

I did notice compared to past trips getting add'l FP for some rides was harder but most of the time something popped up for very soon on most lower and mid-tier rides but still able to get Splash, Test Track, and Soarin as add'l ones (the TT one we got for 6 of us at 1pm for 1:05 and yet we hardly saw Pooh come up all weekend which my wife loves!) We also did the HEA dessert party Sunday after having experienced the hub on a non-party night last year and boy was it worth it! The app was definitely glitchy (I think a mix of park wifi issues and app issues) but usually resolved itself within 5-10 minutes - annoying but nothing that ultimately caused any issues.

One of our best trips in recent memory for rides not going down. We actually had 3 anytime FP they gave us from last trip when we had ride after ride go down after we were in line).

Rides barely went down on us too. We had Dinosaur go down right as we were getting on. That's the only ride that went down on us while we were in line or when we wanted to ride the entire trip. We got an anytime FP but we were leaving AK at that time for our pool break. I stopped into Guest Services and they gave me an anytime FP for MK since that's where we were heading for the evening. It was an anytime FP good for 7DMT too! We lucked out there.

I did get an additional FP for Space while we were in AK and on the way to MK it was changed to an anytime FP. Even though Space came back up by the time we got to the park we used it on BTMR which we rode during the fireworks. That was awesome!

This be us! Well, if you put the word bar after the word pool that is. pirate:

Oh we hit the pool bar. Does that count? lol

We did mix it up and by mid trip did sleeping in, pool and PM park. We just avoid the parks from 1-5 pm. One day we stayed in AK until 2 pm and even that was pushing it.

Thanks for posting your trip report.

We love the BW too and find it so easy to walk to EPCOT.

We are the same type of people; rope drop, break mid-day and then back out at night.

Strollers – Holy monstrosity strollers. I saw a stroller that was literally the size of a Prius. I need to find it online. OMG it was huge. Who needs a stroller that big??? We never got hit by a stroller but people, don’t let your toddler push a stroller in a busy MK then get mad when people are dodging your kid or bumping into him. We can’t even see him. He’s short!
So true, you had me cracking up, except this is no laughing matter! I think I saw that a Prius stroller too, ugh!

Strategy – I realized we are strictly RD, midday break by the pool and PM park people. We can’t do the parks from 1pm-5pm. It’s not for us. We had 10 days so by day 5 we just did sleep in, pool time and then a park around 4 pm. We got lots done close to closing. Especially at MK. Once people go to watch the fireworks crowds die down a lot
This is exactly how my DD18 tour! It works really well for us

It was just DD12 and myself on a mother daughter trip.
Yay for mother/daughter trips! I have been on many with my DD, so fun!

Favorite meal memory was being one of the last families to leave Artist Point on their last night of serving before switching to Snow White.
I think that's so bittersweet! I'm also not a fan of the dinner switch although I know many are. We love(d) AP, made sure to eat there in Sept. after they announced what it would become :(

Crowds – We are used to going in August or early March so crowds were definitely higher but we still managed to do everything we wanted. Including riding our faves multiple times. We never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride. The walkways would be very congested but once you got through that it wasn’t bad and I’m not the type that likes crowds. Epcot on 11/10 was complete insanity by 2 pm (we arrived at 11 am). We weren’t doing the festival kiosks but instead just exploring the countries. Going into the countries and exploring wasn’t bad, the issue was getting to the next country. It was a sea of people!!! I started to get nervous and grabbed DD’s hand and made our way out at 2 pm. Thankfully we stayed at Boardwalk and could pop in and out but we completely avoided it on our last day. IMO it's still a very manageable week and I wouldn't hesitate to go that week again.
Sounds like it was crazy packed. Just curious, how were the wait times for rides 15 min if it was that crowded? Im guessing at RD??? And just before closing? I did Jersey Week last year and i swore i'd NEVER do it again. It was the most crowded time to go. Wait times were crazy, fireworks viewing was difficult, never again. I will stick to the end of Oct from now on. Its a bit better.

OMG yes, strollers. There are so many of them. And theyre huuuuge! So hard to get around a sea of strollers. :headache:
But I do like the soft sided wagons people bring into the parks. I personally think its brilliant! You can fit two kids in there, plus a bunch of bags. If there's only one kid, the kid can nap curled up if they want. Pretty neat! The first time i've seen these was on my most recent trip. Too bad they dont have an adult size version of this. :lmao:

ECV – I saw two people get run over by people driving insanely on the ECV. I think one lady just got flustered right outside of SDD and tried to get out of there. She hit the gas, tried to do a uturn and ran over the back of one lady’s foot. It was awful. I also saw one guy tip over when he tried to do a uturn on his ECV. I’m afraid to see how these people drive cars!!
Im telling you, there are a lot of aggressive folks on the EVCs. They need to be more careful. I understand they're frustrated, but have some common courtesy for the people around you. sheesh.

Bag check – Never waited long at all. Sometimes we got stuck behind someone with a stroller and 4646546498 bags. But other than that we were fine.
My fave is being stuck behind a person with a gigantic backpack with 987954879861123314879979777879 pockets and slots in them. And of course i'm lucky enough to get stuck with a CM who checks extra slow...kinda like he's convinced there's something in the bag that shouldn't be there.

Strategy – I realized we are strictly RD, midday break by the pool and PM park people.
This is me too. I like to go for a midday swim. It really helps avoid burn out (and blisters on the feet!).

MVMCP - We enjoyed it but it’s a one and done for us. The crowds were way too high for a special event. The fireworks and parade and snow on main street were amazing but again, the crowds. The crowds were higher than a regular MK day for us. We weren't at the party to ride rides so it wasn't the wait times that bothered us but just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere was difficult due to the crowds.
Sounds like both MVMCP and MNSSHP parties are incredibly packed this year. Too bad disney decided to oversell. It use to be so manageable back in the day. Now I hear stories about how insanely packed they are. it makes me sad. :( You cant really enjoy yourself when youre packed in like sardines.

Sounds like it was crazy packed. Just curious, how were the wait times for rides 15 min if it was that crowded? Im guessing at RD??? And just before closing? I did Jersey Week last year and i swore i'd NEVER do it again. It was the most crowded time to go. Wait times were crazy, fireworks viewing was difficult, never again. I will stick to the end of Oct from now on. Its a bit better.

There were longer wait times but we refuse to wait more than 15 minutes for anything so we avoid long lines. We still managed to ride all of the headliners multiple times by doing RD, riding late night, riding during fireworks/night time shows, FP+, getting additional FP+. Riding during fireworks had the lowest waits in MK the entire week. We absolutely loved it. We even got a FP+ for BTMR and rode it during the fireworks. That was so fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter