Just Back... 10 day trip on the dining plan with pics! 7/10/19 La Cantina de San Angel Update

We followed up a great Monday with an equally awesome Tuesday.

We went to Epcot for an early morning start. We got future world knocked out and needed a counter serve for lunch. We decided to try and switch it up this trip and get some new places. We were unanimous in deciding that La Cantina de San Angel would be a good place to try. Just as we were heading over one of those very heavy thunderstorms started rolling in. We made it just in time and our daughter kicked in the jets to grab us a table. I don't think seating would be an issue here most times but it was fairly contested because people were staying after eating.

I had the nachos just as they were on the menu except I added some taco sauce from a dispenser they have. These were as good as any nachos I have ever eaten. It was a big portion and I was full after eating it. This was much better than a burger or something. $12.50

View attachment 415996

Our daughter had the empanadas. This was a little out of her comfort zone but she liked it all, including the slaw. $12.25

View attachment 415997

My wife had the taco trio. She enjoyed the chicken and fish more than the beef. I tried the beef. It wasn't horrible, just not special. Next time she said she will just go with the chicken or fish. $13.50

View attachment 415998

We did not take pictures of the drinks but I had a lime margarita and I think the girls just had fountain drinks. This added another $20 or so. Like every other counter serve, we were over $50 but could have snuck in below if I didn't get the alcoholic drink. I do feel like this was a good overall value compared to the other places because it is a little different and the portion sizes are fair. We will go here again for sure.

Churros are the big item everyone loves and we always forget to get some so we used a snack credit to get a little bin just to say we did. This was a $4.50 value so it worked out.

View attachment 416002

Even with the absolute downpour this place was not disappointing to us at all. It is easy to get to and we will not skip it ever again as long as the quality stays the same.

More a little later...
we have never eaten here - but the food looks YUMMY!!!!

I always wondered how the meal plan worked with Via Napoli! I should put this on my list as every single person in my family likes their pizza a different way (of course!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter