just back 10-21 wonder

Bev J

DIS Veteran
Just back from 10 days at WDW that included a 4 day wonder cruise. THis was our 10 cruise, first with kids and first with disney.
Ship is just as nice as any we have been on. We had a cat 6 cabin with verandah, very nice our steward kept it neat and pretty and left cute towel animals every night. CM's were VERY good we had a great time pin trading with Sasha. The cms in the shops were very friendly and full of stories and info. I can't say enough about how good the club was for our 6 year old, he could not get enough of it and did not want to miss anything. He also loved the mickey pool and slide.
Now if you don't want to hear negative stuff stop reading.
Food and service in the dining room was boring and we have had better meals at cracker barrell.
We had PC/T/AP/PC second seating.
Every time we ordered the same drinks,it took usually 30 min just to get the drinks, the ast. waiter really pushed the wine even though we told him the first night we were not iterested. On other cruise lines our drinks were sitting at the table waiting and alway filled.
The menus were boring, My son (14) mostly ordered pizza from the kids menue. Hubby mostly ordered steak every night I tried to try something new and was usually sorry I did, now replacements were brought with a smile. The wait staff did not seem to understand questions on how food was prepared.Chicken legs are not white meat. My 6 year old got tired of the same menue all the time. If we asked for something like plain pasta it was a problem. We had lunch in Tritons and asked for plain pasta, what we got was plain pasta full of peas and carrots. Every night every plate had broccoli on it. And every night alex got his food way before ours came and was finished by the time we got ours and he wanted to leave. We asked for this to change, no problem, the next night alex got his a full 20 min before our meal came.
Now the food in the pool area was fine and we had it many times, Bryan ate his weight in pizza and chicken fingers. Room service was fine.
Getting off the ship was handled the best of all the ships we have been on.
We did not do any excursions. Stayed on the ship and enjoyed the pool and smaller crowds.
Castaway Cay is the best of all the private islands. Had a great time.
We would love to try Disney again, 7 days. We give everything but the food a very high rating.

Thanks for the trip report. I haven't cruises yet and always enjoy hearing the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm sorry the food was a disappointment. I've been on this board for a while and have heard mixed reviews about it.

Thanks again.

Hubby and I were on the Magic in January and we thought the food was very, very good. We had no trouble with our servers, and after the first night the assistant server always had our drinks waiting for us when we first sat down, and refills were easy to come by. We, too, had a category 6 room with verandah and we absolutely loved it! We were thinking about taking a cheap cruise this January, as a Christmas present to each other, but decided to wait and book the Magic again (Western itinerary) for January 2003. Need another year to save up for that verandah room! I don't think we'd be happy with anything else!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter