Just back - 1-7 to 1-12-2018

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by tsme, Jan 14, 2018.

1. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

We had a great trip. We stayed at BC. Our room was ready when we got there. The maid service was spotty. We had to call down for things that should’ve been in the room & for things that should be replaced daily. And they turned off the water one night & for our last 2 days the water was rusty/dirty colored. It even discolored the washing towel.

The crowds were higher than we expected but manageable. The weather was nice. We did see 1 large tour group, but we quickly went the other way.

The highlight of our trip was KTTK tour. It was fantastic, so glad we got to do it.

The lowlight of our trip was TUtto Italia. The service wasn’t good, the food wasn’t good, & it was the only place I wasn’t allowed to order off the kid’s menu.

The arts festival started our last day. It made Epcot more crowded that night and there were more buzzed people. An older guy on a scooter was flying around with a beer in one hand, trying to control he’s speeding vehicle with the other. A tad scary at night.

And lastly, dogs in every park! We saw dogs (not service) in every park we went to. Mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix, shaggy dog, and even a young pit bull that had on a pink tee with a rope muzzle around its mouth. The last one was at MK with a group of preteen girls. It was losing its mind during the fireworks. I don’t understand how all these dogs that are obviously not service dogs are being let in. There were also a lot (more than usual) large service dogs in the parks too. It’s easy to tell the difference by the behavior.

All together we had a Wonderful time & will be back later this year.
    If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer them. Thx for reading.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. Amelia :)

Amelia :) DIS Veteran

Whilst not service dogs in the traditional sense, small dogs tend to be “emotional support” dogs. Which Disney does allow. But keeping a scared dog in the park during fireworks is disgusting.
    Glad you still had a great time!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice A Disboards original...

Welcome home. Thanks for checking in. :)

tsme likes this.
  5. OnSpaceshipEarth

OnSpaceshipEarth DIS Veteran

Could you go into a little more detail about what was wrong with the service and food at Tuttu Italia? Also, was the restaurant busy?

6. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

Fyi, a gentle leader harness is not intended to be a muzzle, dogs can still open their mouths with it on.

7. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

I also noticed this on my most recent trip. They are being let in because Disney has not been asking even the questions they are legally allowed to ask ("what service is the dog trained to perform?").

8. toad611

toad611 Earning My Ears

Can the dogs go on the rides, if so do they need a fast pass? LOL

9. Davey Jones II

Davey Jones II DIS Veteran

Isn't Goofy a dog?

Jimmy Mouse likes this.
  10. cindyfan

cindyfan DIS Veteran

hahaha!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:LOL..... OMG! Here we go! Is Goofy a dog?!! Why does he talk? :scratchin And Pluto doesn't??!! :rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

:rotfl:Sorry, but this made me LOL! :rotfl: I had visions of a jet fueled scooter crashing into people!
    Hopefully he didn't run into anyone!

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  11. Amy11401

Amy11401 Mouseketeer

Do people with service dogs need to have some sort of doctors note?

12. EBM1228

EBM1228 Earning My Ears

I will never understand why dog owners think it is okay and appropriate to bring their dogs everywhere...unless, of course it is a service dog.

Bringing your dog to Disney is ridiculous.

jayfo, CSPhysio, aimathy and 11 others like this.
  13. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

Our server was rushing thru everything and just not very nice. We ate dinner right when it opened & since I had never been there I wanted to quickly snap a couple of photos before it became full. As I passed a group of waiters standing around doing nothing in a doorway, I said excuse me to pass, & received eye rolls. The food: we both ordered spaghetti & meatballs. It was very bland & the meatballs were tough. When I tried to cut them, sticking my fork in one then using the knife, the meatballs tried to roll away. Made me sing to myself the “on top of spaghetti” song. Lol

I did actually see a dog in a que for a ride at a MK. I don’t remember which one it was but remember thinking “are they going to do a child swap for the dog?” .

As far as I know I don’t think so and I don’t think anyone is ever asked if the dogs are even really serve dogs. The dogs that were obviously service dogs (well behaved & focused) all had vests, that I saw.

Personally I would love to have my little dogs with me at all times. I have extreme anxiety & they make me feel better. BUT I would never bring them to a place like Disney. First they’re spoiled little hairy people, so would want to smell everything & everyone. Second, it wouldn’t be fair to them to expose them a place that has such loud noises, etc, causing them stress. I really felt bad for the young pitty during the fireworks. It obviously stressed.

14. sdomino11

sdomino11 Mouseketeer

Glad the weather was good for you. We’ll be down in two weeks. Mind sharing what you wore to help me pack? Layers? Sweaters? Hats, gloves? Thanks!

15. firefly_ris

firefly_ris DIS Veteran

No.

16. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

small dogs can be a service dog alerting to a medical problem before signs show. friend has a sheltie that alerts her family before she shows signs. follows her everywhere as it is trained to do and goes to get family member if it senses attack coming on

mshanson3121 likes this.
  17. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

We were at Disneyland last month and I kept seeing large dog crates at a lot of rides and finally we asked and they said it was for service dogs while their owners rode.

epcotty, oceanmarina and tsme like this.
  18. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

I brought with me a thin jacket, jeans, short sleeve tees, a couple of long sleeve tees, & some dresses for when it was warm. So a bit of everything.

sdomino11 likes this.
  19. Action City

Action City Registered

We were there the 7th-12th (no parks on the 12th) and I agree with almost all of your assessment. I saw many more dogs this trip that were obviously not service dogs.

tsme and DoryGirl1963 like this.
  20. Action City

Action City Registered

I wore jeans, capris and shorts, along with short sleeve tshirts, fleece and a hoodie. I packed some of everything, because I didn't know what the weather was going to be.

sdomino11 likes this.
  21. Disneylovingmomof2

Disneylovingmomof2 Mouseketeer

Not sure how I feel about the dog part of this. I’m a huge animal lover, have always had cats, dogs, grew up riding horses. I do think however that people should be asked to confirm a dog they are bringing in is a service dog. It wouldn’t be good if there was ever an accident involving someone’s pet. Not to mention the last thing dogs need is to be all stressed out by an environment like that (as pps mentioned).

jayfo, mshanson3121, epcotty and 2 others like this.