Just back 1/26/19 - 2/2/19

citygirl27712

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone.....

I am just back from a magical birthday trip and my 15th trip to the world. Flew in on Sat 1/26 @ 8:15am, hopped on the magical express and headed straight to Hollywood Studios. 7 full park days, we went at it 12 - 14 hrs a day and walked almost 60 miles. Stayed at my favorite, Pop Century with the QS Dining Plan and I loved the renovated room! The bed so comfy and the extra storage in the bath area was nice. Took the housekeeping credit so we received a $60 giftcard. Used mobile ordering several times and it was great!

Day 1: Hollywood Studios
Day 2: Sloshed thru EPCOT on a cold and very rainy/windy day. Due to the rain, we missed out on a lot of activities with Festival of the Arts and even though we went back to Epcot a 2nd time, I only ever go thru the countries once. Ate breakfast at Akerhaus. Was able to ride Frozen twice and Soarin 3 times.
Day 3: My Birthday... Magic Kingdom
Day 4: Animal Kingdom
Day 5: Hollywood Studios, Epcot & Magic Kingdom
Day 6: Disney Springs & Hollywood Studios
Day 7: Magic Kingdom

3 trips to Hollywood Studios allowed us to get fastpasses for all of the rides in Toy Story Land. We had a FP for FOP. Still haven't done Rivers of Light yet.... Waits were over 60min every time we checked.

Thoughts....
Pros... Everyone was super friendly except for 1 or 2. A birthday spent at Disney is the best and I lucked out and got a Mickey Birthday Sipper Cup before they sold out. Meeting Mickey and Minnie together in their birthday outfits was the best! We were able to get multiple fp after our original 3 and if we didn't have a fp, we never waited more than 25-30 minutes. We did everything in every park except for Beauty and The Beast Show in Hollywood( show times didn't work out), Rivers of Light and Dinosaur (it was down for most of the day we were in the park) in Animal Kingdom, and Astro Orbiter and the Barnstormer in Magic Kingdom (we chose not to do those).

Cons.... While the food is good at Pop, I remember from past visits the dinner menu not being the same every single night and it would change up. We only ate dinner twice but the menu never changed. TONS of tour groups from Brazil and Argentina at Pop. 20-30 people in each group, sometimes more. Never really saw them in the parks but at the hotel they were rude, would step in front of you to break in line and just in general loud and obnoxious.

This was my 1st time ever going in January and while the weather was colder than average, it was so nice not being so hot.

Can't wait to get back, after my feet recover. I got a massive blister on the ball of my foot on Day 5.... that has never happened before. Hope to go back later this year.

Last edited:
My family stayed at POFQ for a similar time frame. I am curious to know what you thought about crowd levels at the parks during your stay?

My family stayed at POFQ for a similar time frame. I am curious to know what you thought about crowd levels at the parks during your stay?

It was definitely busier than I thought it would be but nothing that wasn't manageable. We watched the parade and the Move it Shake It Mouskedance It on Monday and saved fireworks for Friday night. I think it all came down to how you managed your fastpasses and then when you could get them 1 at a time. I tend to book my fastpasses for mid morning so I am done with them early afternoon at the latest so then I could get more. The 3rd day we did Hollywood we didn't go until 3p so all of our fp were late afternoon. Hope y'all had a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!