Just a test

Here's how you can do it with Google Photos but it's a pain in the rear.

Start at your Google Photos (GP) page.

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 8.29.11 AM.png

See the Tabasco bottle picture, let's post it.

Click on the picture that you want to link and it goes full screen on a black background.

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 8.30.56 AM.png

Do an <alt>key and mouse click to open this little dialog box in the middle.

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 8.31.43 AM.png

Click "Copy image address".

Now go to your DIS post and put the cursor where the pic should go and then hit the little postcard/pic symbol next to the emoji symbol on the top of the post input box.

A box opens to enter the Image URL. Do a <Ctrl> key and V key together (paste the copied image address).

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 8.38.11 AM.png

and voila!

HAgLuqb9ONw4eucwZ48q1hXAkRRiRA1Q8ShAyOyl8bLWPvcYgmubhvidYHp2sePLiFWVTpTfCBCbQm4iNN41oiVYqIwUFa16V468Jk-DS5REwNpizEwYcG2JSVBnD0OgrFxzrraQR23JDhBVdKkuMUCIhhrvg3eZKflS-N_uQpFT4WZD3_CNCUuk28V4pSMEntnFwBtIETvvzFhYnEVOVDNFuSWkbhDb7gn5rbljgEqceRUFY_HOgXz5VDMONpj6Q5UEFMw16PuoLZ7kZAIEaSrAw7PUvYFsLUL0JQq6HI2bLOt8HfS4Hea0bSgVRtDqdxt5HoECcHuTBEXQ1mAomUFrisKl9FCuQ7cvaY0N4kYQYcQm-QkFkObTvazf2fNOgpzaPLbUCSBznSJKb5BAx_OyYdiNAgQSqs3smibRe4JfHmiUucg0n9ZLPeXgVjwYv-Q3T8yo3dXpsmt4he4qYYwbumRZOhfQ-2N8ty6pB6lUWJEI4Vj20cwxebDnE6SzIl1XUAd0dzQHcR6yYBXbVi417XowFFUMu88OdSFdOYFaHEjrax9WKKZ0_7cZwRxzPdiiA8ftc4mQCilV9h7aUt4tmAemMIS83YpWLa6b2hBt9e5ddYcCa3Hvbz3m-hL9h2bRz1FVdQWgasuBvm5jS9lz=w1694-h953-no

The last image is the link. All the prior ones were screenshot uploads. So you can do it from GP but it's really not intended to be used as a host/link site.

Bama Ed

Ps - i learned this a couple months ago but still went with PB

Last edited:
Oh! I am glad we have this as a practice thread. I started a PTR on the normal trips forum but it really isn't my thing to keep up with and I wanted to do a simple on here like I have seen, but I would not know how on my phone either!

I use a app called image size, it’s free unless you don’t want to see ads. I take pics with my iPhone camera then open the app select the pic icon at the top of the screen, that opens your photos, choose the photos then hit download. I have my pic size set to 790x790 pixel, then on the Dis hit upload a file, choose the resized pic and done.

77C0D092-9B4E-4F6D-8666-BD2760D24E0F.jpeg

Then after I go back and delete the resized pic, after all, who needs double pics taken up camera space. :confused3

Good strategy, snowmedic. Do you do your live trip reports on your phone? I use my Chromebook (skinny laptop) for the full keyboard functionality; hence my references to the Ctrl key and Alt key and preference for those types of interfaces.

Oh and I do get accused, even at home, of . So the keyboard comes in handy.

Bama Ed

PS - although I am self aware enough (barely) to try to avoid the "holy wall of text :earseek:, Batman" (several paragraph inches of run on sentences).

Last edited:

Oh and I do get accused, even at home, of . So the keyboard comes in handy.
PS - although I am self aware enough (barely) to try to avoid the "holy wall of text :earseek:, Batman" (several paragraph inches of run on sentences).
Right there with you, Ed.

Why use 1 sentence when 10 will do? :D

j

Do you do your live trip reports on your phone?

Yes, I have been doing them from my phone. Use to do it from my computer throughout the day but it was so time consuming transferring videos and then doing report. I like doing it from my phone to sort of give a “live” report.

bama_ed,

I started looking at your posting method for google pictures several days ago, but your instructions were not working for me. AND then, it took me several days (no laughing please) for me to figure out you were using google chrome ( I tend to use internet explorer). Once I jumped onto google chrome, the rest was easy.

So, I have two ways to post pictures for my upcoming Disney trip.

No excuses now.

TCQ-PIKalYN5xCGrviOF6nvCWq1k55Gmc5X8oyXGOG_xhGost8JJlw6R7c35iMD04Be94uDRqyS_djHGVRSVDAOKN98-CEDiz-L0CXeVd0LvNEXmp4vPxBrxUe7MY2zA5mao0rDBGtsVwRfjlDeK-oodDca3vwMDqkBGKYXrFtKWt7kTHGP8UeYmQsXFzbIeFmHapO4YdTSk28f28_j522NYLLibqsV1ILvtnJ5O4Yw4qtJfI5PU2YuktMF_5ae6L4PsEgY7GWCdUVkbT1PXSpEb87wKp81J0QfzYOIQSDolmvCUlf6ym0LKPPpJ120TVQZhYONDPHyllL9-9QxpsTxfPohcscwDf0GAsuk3ZTlBj3MlTljaNCwPCIYsinv37ZVVSdjLVI9u7PF36xu_HZHdLZFd5J_K4Aey-BQvzNg8QZjPxnwHxdZtiwysXCY0Si3e9k2oahhmvaXbYF2LdKTqlXc1-2XQIw4EemdJc1ywpUnan3COG2OhQtY0sfytQYGs3W7Q7paEmdAYHX61I9VfpSsGXiLgjPJVLjk0bUJrJQP1J9NFCggJecDrXEeFlkJpR_nrMn7rm1QWhqyEKYwRDL9jAjtmsYhsx6_61OVUdQKsVAa5SJNJTD1hcABrBjiNVJXSII_8rfD9ns9Ap8ux=w470-h626-no
hile to psot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter