Just a few reviews

Linda L.

Mouseketeer
I didn't take any notes so this is off the top of my head. Breakfasts-
We had two breakfasts at the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary and thought they were the best we had all week. I had Eggs Benedict once and a Mickey Waffle the next-both excellent. The omelettes and the Sticky Mickeys are delicious. We also did two breakfasts in the Food and fun center. The Croissoint sandwich was very good, but I used the food court for basic cereal and to save on some calories.

We did Cinderella's and thought the food was excellent. We all love the cream cheese french toast. Unfortunately we had a poor server and had to wait and wait, then waited over 20 minutes for the check.

We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast as we had done dinners there in the past. It was fair to poor. Everything that was supposed to be hot was cold. The only thing I liked was the banana muffin and the Mickey Waffle, but even Mickey was cold. None of us was happy here.

We went to the buffet at FW for breakfast and again all the eggs were cold. This was our last morning and we regretted not going to the Concourse again. The choice here was very good with fruits, cereals, eggs, waffles and many other choices but this did us in for buffets. We decided the kids are old enough to appreciate the nicer restaurants and most buffets we went to did not make us happy.

Dinners- I'll start with the good.
The California Grill. I was so glad I listened. We had our best meal of the week here. My husband had the filet and I regretted not getting it. I had had steak twice already so opted for fish. That filet was the best filet I ever tasted. It's a good thing he shared. I forget what the marinade was, but it made the steak, and it was oh so tender. The Halibut was good, but a little too mild a fish for me. I hadn't tried Halibut before. The rice served with it with shrimp was excellent. I started with the corn lobster bisque and it was very good. My husband had a salad. The dessert was the best of the week also. We had the banana chocolate bread pudding. It was served hot with fudge surrounding it and a warm fudge center. I had wished we each got our own, it was that good.

Le Cellier's-Until we ate at the CG, I thought this was going to be my best meal. I had the filet with mushroom risotto. It was outstanding. My husband had the same and my older son had the filet with the garlic mashed. He loved it. We all enjoyed the pretzel bread and the cheese soup. I had a frozen Cappuccino and it was wonderful. For the rest of the week, I was ordering them everywhere but no other place had them as good.

Hard Rock Cafe-we all had burgers, and they were all cooked perfectly and were tasty.

Marakesh-This was different. We all enjoyed it, but agreed we wouldn't do it again. We did both feasts and ordered two extra apps and shared. The beef wrapped in cinnamon sugar was good, the seafood wraps were fair, the soup was very good as their salad was. The shish kabob and the lamb was very good also. The turkey was the best. Each feast came with a dessert. I didn't care for the baklava, but the crepe with apples and pecans was delicious.

Lunches we did all fast food, mostly in sit down cool spots as it was very hot. We had some wonderful chowder in Universal near Jaws but other than that nothing stands out. The soups in the CR food court are also wonderful. The best snack was a place I hadn't tried. In the MK, near the castle is a small place called Sleepy Hollow. We had wonderful apple cobbler, root beer float, and a cookie sandwich filled with vanilla. It was all wonderful.

Rainforest Cafe-My oldest son and I both had steak and shrimp. The steak was good and tender. The shrimp came fried with coconut batter which I thought was okay, and it came with scampi. That was very good. We had a coupon for a free chef's appetizer and got the quesadilla. It was okay. Had the Volcano for dessert. It was good and huge.

Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic dinner pkg-I didn't find much on this buffet to my liking.

Cape May Cafe-Definately better than H&V, but still, not a lot that I liked. I didn't like the clams as they were tiny and salty. The tips were okay, the ribs were good and the chicken was pretty good. The fish of the day was salmon which I didn't have. The peel and eat shrimp was very good but very messy. The desserts were okay.

One of our Universal nights we traveled to POR to watch Bob Jackson entertain, so we ate in their food court. We had ribs and chicken. It was pretty good. My husband had spag and mb and said it was good. Their desserts were excellent.

Thanks for the reviews!

I really want to try California Grill - I've been reading so many good things about it! I also think I am due back for a meal at Le Cellier! It's been a few years!

:earsgirl: Krissy

I just made PS for Le Cellier-have never been there.Is this an expensive restaurant?And how is the kids menu?
Kim

From what I remember, the filets were $24-$26, and the soups were about $5. My youngest is 12 so I don't look at kids menus anymore, but I remember Deb Wills has it on her restaurant page. I think they even have a kids filet for about $9.

Linda L.,

Thanks for your reviews. It is really helpful to hear someone's first hand reactions.

How did you find your dining experience at Planet Hollywood? Did you eat lunch or dinner? Did you have a long wait to be seated?

I am looking for an early lunch spot while we are at DD. Nothing really gets rave reviews so I was considering PH. I thought the kids might like to try it.

Thanks,
penny

Penny,
I'm sorry, but didn't do Planet Hollywood this time. We did Rainforest and Hard Rock. My son wanted Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood. We've done both before but don't remember anything significant as it was a few years ago.

We eat at Concourse Steakhouse for breakfast a couple of times each visit. I love the Magic Kingdom Express and sticky mickeys. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Linda L,
Goofy me, I read Hard Rock Cafe and just transposed that into Planet Hollywood.

Sorry about that!
penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter