Just a Couple of Childless (for the week) Millennials, Here to Ruin the Fun for Families *COMPLETED 1/5*

That's a shame that you had such an annoying crowd in ToT - it's my favorite ride, too, I would've been equally irritated. I can't believe how fast the wait time climbed!

I think single rider is such a crapshoot. I think it does tend to make a difference on Everest and Test Track (especially with the rows of three seats), but RnRC sometimes seems to be longer with single rider. Who knows why?!

I don't love the QS options in the Studios, but your lunch actually looks pretty good! I'm glad it hit the spot for you.

My first night in Disney was not a good sleep, I was just too excited

I 100% understand this.

Once the park opened for good, it was a madhouse. I haven’t done this type of rope drop in a long time, but I was determined to get on ToT, before the wait got insane.

RD is a madhouse at DHS!

But worse yet, they talked LOUDLY during the entire pre-show and ride.

Ugh why 🤬🤬

The wait was already at 90 minutes by 8:30 in the morning and I never saw it less than that the entire trip.

Wow!!

Once we got past the preshow, we noticed people that we had ridden ToT with were in the standby line passing us, so much for single rider saving us time:confused3.

That's frustrating. SR can be so hit or miss.

We have never eaten over here and believe it or not we have never had the infamous Disney pizza.

I've never had Disney pizza either lol. Glad to hear you didn't think it was terrible.

While this show was cute, I think it’s a one and done for us.

Agreed

I was so happy to read your review of Toledo. My husband and I have a date night planned there this December. While we're not millennials (Gen X is the Jan Brady of generations), I'm trying to convince him we should do a kid free trip. Coronado looks lovely. I hadn't ever considered it until this year but I think I'm pretty sold on it now. Just wish it had the Skyliner. My 8yo really wants to try that pizza at DHS.

That's the worst. My DS gets so mad when that happens. It really does ruin the ride and it's just so inconsiderate 😡
Yeah, I mean to be sushed multiple times and just not care, it's like they were trying to ruin it on purpose

Sometimes that pizza hits the spot. I used to love Pizza Planet, though last time I went to Pizzarizzo I was kind of disappointed. I'd still try it again.
I want to try Pizzarizzo, just because I heard the atmosphere was fun.

I haven't bought water in Disney for years and years. And I don't even bother carrying a water bottle. I just stop and get the free water when I'm thirsty and I've never had a issue with dehydration.
I don't think I could do that, I always need to have a drink handy even at home, but stopping for the free water wasn't nearly the inconvenience I thought it would be.

That's a shame that you had such an annoying crowd in ToT - it's my favorite ride, too, I would've been equally irritated. I can't believe how fast the wait time climbed!
Only one side was working the entire trip, so it was running at 1/2 capacity.

I don't love the QS options in the Studios, but your lunch actually looks pretty good! I'm glad it hit the spot for you.
Me either, we usually have a table service or two to avoid it, but that didn't work out this time.

Wow sounds like a crowded morning! But glad you got some of the headliners done!!
It felt super crowded, but I think the wait times were just bad because there's not much to do.

RD is a madhouse at DHS!
I agree, but I thought most people would go to Toy Story Land, but this seemed just as bad.

Because people suck

I've never had Disney pizza either lol. Glad to hear you didn't think it was terrible.
:lmao: Well if that's not a rousing review I don't know whatis.

Understand that.
No sleep in Disney for me.

I was so happy to read your review of Toledo. My husband and I have a date night planned there this December. While we're not millennials (Gen X is the Jan Brady of generations), I'm trying to convince him we should do a kid free trip. Coronado looks lovely. I hadn't ever considered it until this year but I think I'm pretty sold on it now. Just wish it had the Skyliner. My 8yo really wants to try that pizza at DHS.
I hope you love it as much as I did. I think it's a great date night. I have never heard that one about Gen Z :rotfl2:, but I do agree. My mom is Gen Z, so I get it. I hope you get your kid free trip, we have the best time getting to be the kids for once.

We took the elevator up to the 16th floor. An interesting thing about the elevators in the tower is that you select what floor you are going to and then it directs you to a specific elevator which will take you right up. No matter how many times we took the elevator this trip, I still made the motion to select the floor once we got on, only to remember there were no floor buttons on the elevator.
That would mess with me too! :rotfl:
After we finished our drinks we went out to the balcony area and got some pictures of the sunset.
I've heard about the views from there... and it looks like the word of mouth is justified on that one!
While we enjoyed our appetizer, we could see the illuminations fireworks going off behind us.

While we enjoyed our meals, we order another round of drinks, this time the strawberry cider for both of us, and enjoyed the Star Wars fireworks.
Again... even from your table with less than ideal sightlines, it's easy to see how awesome this view is. I'm impressed!
Overall this is a really amazing dining experience. Toledo is a great place for a date night, without completely breaking the bank, though it is not cheap either. I would highly recommend this place.
Thanks for the thorough review! I'm glad to hear that it lived up to the hype and seems to be another good option!
Once the park opened for good, it was a madhouse. I haven’t done this type of rope drop in a long time, but I was determined to get on ToT, before the wait got insane.
The new rope drop at DHS is a bit odd... feels like the old days with the stampede to TSMM.
I was really sad we couldn’t ride more, especially because, we had one of the worst groups ever to ride with. Notice the group of eight in the two rows behind us. They were non-English speaking and didn't understand what was going on during loading, which delayed us all. But worse yet, they talked LOUDLY during the entire pre-show and ride. They were shushed multiple time, which I believe is universal, so no language barrier there, and they just didn't care. I try really hard not to let things that that affect my enjoyment, but when this is my favorite attraction and one of two times to ride it during the trip, I could help it.
That stinks. I hate it when somebody (or a group) like that ruins the attraction for everybody else. We had that in RnRC. Our kids hadn't ridden it at all so we were trying to play up the preshow and explain what was going on, but had some sarcastic loudmouth that thought he was funny yelling responses to about everything said in the pre-show. I realize most of us have been watching that pre-show for 20 years and it's not a huge deal, but kind of frustrating when you are introducing someone to something new.
The wait was already at 90 minutes by 8:30 in the morning and I never saw it less than that the entire trip. So sadly, we moved on to the next ride. RnR was next on our list, but the wait was 35 minutes at that point.
That stinks. ToT was crazy the whole time we were there! But 35 minutes for RnRC isn't too shabby!
Once we got past the preshow, we noticed people that we had ridden ToT with were in the standby line passing us, so much for single rider saving us time:confused3.
:headache: I've never done single rider there, but I've heard it is really hit or miss.
As I am sure you can all understand, non-Disney people in our lives don't understand and can even get a little judgey about not only going to Disney AGAIN, but leaving our kids behind in the process. However, I have planned to market heavily on my business page, because a huge chunk of my family and friends and therefore clients or potential clients are childless millenials. So I had planned to use this trip as a way to showcase how fun being childless in Disney can actually be. I don't know if the article helped or hurt my cause, but I decided to not be ashamed and let my freak (Disney) flag fly and posed this on Facebook that morning.
I like it a lot! I'm sure the timing of the social media "outrage" was a nice tie in with your marketing plan!
I actually thought the pizza was good, was it the best pizza ever, no, but it did the trick.
That's how I typically feel about the Disney pizza that everyone hates. However, the past couple of times I've had it I'm starting to lean more towards the crowd that hates on it.
The space that they have the show in looks very thrown together, black walls, metal benches. The screens and animatronic are cool though.
Looks thrown together. Only because it is! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
It is a good animatronic and not a bad show though. Our kids enjoyed it. I don't necessarily need to see it again, but it's fine.

Following along...I have had some of my best trips with no kids. Now I love bringing them too but there is something just as fun as going with adults.

Hi Ashley! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm all caught up! Love your little couples getaway! I'm so excited to try Toledo in December! We stayed at the GD Tower in August and thought it was beautiful!
Hope you got plenty of Mickey Pretzels that were meant for young children and ruined their vacations. :)

I've heard about the views from there... and it looks like the word of mouth is justified on that one!
Definitely, I mean I wish they would stop erecting towers that ruin sight lines, but since there's no going back on this one, might as well enjoy the views.

Again... even from your table with less than ideal sightlines, it's easy to see how awesome this view is. I'm impressed!
Yeah, the pictures don't do it justice because of the reflections, but it was fun to see both Illuminations and Star Wars.

The new rope drop at DHS is a bit odd... feels like the old days with the stampede to TSMM.
Yeah except now its one huge crushing group to TSL and one hug crushing group to Sunset. Although I'm sure it's very different now with SWGE.

That stinks. I hate it when somebody (or a group) like that ruins the attraction for everybody else. We had that in RnRC. Our kids hadn't ridden it at all so we were trying to play up the preshow and explain what was going on, but had some sarcastic loudmouth that thought he was funny yelling responses to about everything said in the pre-show. I realize most of us have been watching that pre-show for 20 years and it's not a huge deal, but kind of frustrating when you are introducing someone to something new.
I always try to remember that it is probably someone first or only time, but these guys didn't care, so annoying.

I like it a lot! I'm sure the timing of the social media "outrage" was a nice tie in with your marketing plan!
Thanks, might as well lean into the controversy.

That's how I typically feel about the Disney pizza that everyone hates. However, the past couple of times I've had it I'm starting to lean more towards the crowd that hates on it.
I feel like it's one of those things, that they can totally do better, they just choose not to which is frustrating.

Looks thrown together. Only because it is! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
It is a good animatronic and not a bad show though. Our kids enjoyed it. I don't necessarily need to see it again, but it's fine.
:rotfl2: true, I appreciate the effort I guess, but can't they update VotLM or BatB first?

Following along...I have had some of my best trips with no kids. Now I love bringing them too but there is something just as fun as going with adults.
I feel the same, it's a completely different feel when you can just do whatever you want. I am very grateful I have been able to do adult trip and family trips as much as I have, .

Hi Ashley! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm all caught up! Love your little couples getaway! I'm so excited to try Toledo in December! We stayed at the GD Tower in August and thought it was beautiful!
Hope you got plenty of Mickey Pretzels that were meant for young children and ruined their vacations. :)

:wave2: glad to see you're back, I've loved following your travels on Instagram. I hope you love Toledo as much as we did. We loved ruining young children's trip with our Mickey pretzel eating :lmao:

No Capes

We still had so much time to kill before our final fastpass. None of the shows matched our schedule, so we walked over to Municiberg to check it out.

The area was really cute, we had fun finding the different Jack Jacks.

The wait for Edna was about 30 minutes, so we decided to get a drink instead. At the Neighborhood Baker, we got the Secret Identity, a frozen Coke with cherry cotton candy and cherry popping candy.

It was good, pretty much just a frozen coke, but thankfully we shared it because it was a lot of sugar. We spotted two people dressed in 1950’s clothes dancing, but it was weird because they were off to the side talking to the CMs there and dancing with only each other. We figured they were CMs, but they weren’t doing much to interact with the guests. We also saw a woman with wearing all black with camera equipment. The supers show was about to start, but it was blazing hot and Edna’s wait was down to 15 minutes, so we sought refuge in the A/C.

The wait wasn’t even 15 minutes, and soon we were meeting the fashion designer extraordinaire. We chatted about how she could make me a super suit, for my super Disney vacation planning skills.

The super show was still going on outside. They were interviewing a guest about his super powers.

And then Elastigirl came out and did some poses, we would have stuck around for more but it was in the direct sunlight, and it was too hot for that nonsense.

Our next stop was at Toy Story Land. We spotted the characters coming out. We had to stop for the requisite photopass shot.

We were surprised with how much we could see of Galaxy’s Edge. It looked like nothing last time we were there, and just knowing it was complete on the other side of the fence was killer.

Through the door, you could see the entrance into the land we spied many CMs in their costume in training. I tried to get a picture, but this is what you get…

Flickr
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We took our time in TSL, taking lots of pictures.

We still had a good 30 minutes until our FP, so we figured we would get in line for Woody and Bo Peep. The line look deceptively short, but Woody and Bo Peep had to take break every 15 minutes, so it took about 40 minutes. Thankfully it was under the shade of those lovely green umbrellas and we passed the time chatting to another family who is also from the DFW area. Finally it was our turn to say hello.

I was a little starstruck and forget to mention my hat. Thankfully Bo Peep, noticed and made sure to let Woody know I had Forkey on my hat.

I am always so awkward during meets without the kids, but I do love the pictures.

It was finally time to use our last FP for the day for TSM.

Joe read up on some cheats in the queue, but wasn’t able to improve his score. He still beat me though and was best in the vehicle.

While in line I was also able to grab another FP, I don’t remember what I grabbed it for, but I was trying the whole refresh method, and on my second try I was able to get a BTMRR, so I switched to that. And with that we made our way out of the park.

We weren’t able to have much of a break, it was just a chance to freshen up a bit. Before long we were ready to go again. We ordered our first ever Lyft. It probably seems weird, but we have never taken a ride share ride before. We just have never really had the need. Turns out ordering the Lyft was crazy easy, and we walked over to the Gran Destino to pick it up. While we were waiting there was a CM showing a hidden Mickey to some guests. We asked them to show us and here it is…

Did you spot it?

Last edited:
I love the Incredibles area! It's so well themed.

That drink sounds good but definitely sugary lol.

Oo love the hidden Mickey in the lights.

Despite the heat, it sounds like you had a great afternoon in DHS.

My husband and I used Uber for the first time in Orlando when we traveled from MCO to our Universal resort. We were pleasantly surprised how easy (and economical!) it was!

Love this report so much...as a person who has travelled to Disney a few times also without kids...and is about to do it again next month. So I totally got your TR title and loved it!

We ate at Toledo in August and absolutely loved it so I'm glad you did as well. It has made our list of must returns for sure, though probably not next month.

Oh and I have yet to use UBER or LYFT. :)

Hi there! I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm in now and all caught up.
I would love to do a childless trip one day with my wife. Not sure when it will happen, but someday.

The wait wasn’t even 15 minutes, and soon we were meeting the fashion designer extraordinaire. We chatted about how she could make me a super suit, for my super Disney vacation planning skills.
Wow, I'm glad you were able to get out of the sun and meet her with such a short wait.
And then Elastigirl came out and did some poses, we would have stuck around for more but it was in the direct sunlight, and it was too hot for that nonsense.
::yes:: Not a great place for a show, honestly. And the show just isn't anything special. We waited around a bit for it to start and bailed shortly into it.
Through the door, you could see the entrance into the land we spied many CMs in their costume in training. I tried to get a picture, but this is what you get…
What a tease...
I am always so awkward during meets without the kids, but I do love the pictures.
::yes:: I never really know how to interact with them. Usually don't even make an effort to meet them unless the kids want to.
While in line I was also able to grab another FP, I don’t remember what I grabbed it for, but I was trying the whole refresh method, and on my second try I was able to get a BTMRR, so I switched to that.
Impressive what we could accomplish with the refresh method, but I also felt I spent way too much time screwing around with my phone trying to do it.
We weren’t able to have much of a break, it was just a chance to freshen up a bit. Before long we were ready to go again. We ordered our first ever Lyft. It probably seems weird, but we have never taken a ride share ride before.
Not weird. I've never done it either. I've ridden in Ubers with colleagues on some business trips, but I've never set up the apps, figured out the process and done it myself.
Did you spot it?
::yes::

I love the Incredibles area! It's so well themed.
I agree, I think they did a nice job considering it was kind of thrown together. Although I do wish they would get rid of the thematic elements of Pixar Place, like the big thermos by the food stand.

Oo love the hidden Mickey in the lights.
There was another one by Barcelona, but I could never see it.

Me too, but cute pic ::yes::
Thanks, it helps when the characters know how to interact with adults, not all of them do.

Sounds like a good afternoon! Love the pics with Edna and Woody/Bo Peep!
Thanks! It was good but hot.

Despite the heat, it sounds like you had a great afternoon in DHS.
We did, it was a great first park day

My husband and I used Uber for the first time in Orlando when we traveled from MCO to our Universal resort. We were pleasantly surprised how easy (and economical!) it was!
Yeah, almost makes me wish I had more use for it at home.

Love this report so much...as a person who has travelled to Disney a few times also without kids...and is about to do it again next month. So I totally got your TR title and loved it!
Thank you. Have fun next month, the crowds right now make me want to book an impromptu trip so bad.

We ate at Toledo in August and absolutely loved it so I'm glad you did as well. It has made our list of must returns for sure, though probably not next month.
I know, I hadn't heard much about it since it had just opened, but I am glad I went for it.

Oh and I have yet to use UBER or LYFT. :)
Well if you ever do, know it's surprisingly not bad.

Hi there! I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm in now and all caught up.
I would love to do a childless trip one day with my wife. Not sure when it will happen, but someday.
:welcome: I hope you get a trip with just your wife, it's amazing how different it is with only yourselves to worry about. For now, you can live through this trip report.

Wow, I'm glad you were able to get out of the sun and meet her with such a short wait.
It's kind of out of the way back there, I think most people don't even know about Municiberg. And we saw many people question the CMs because they didn't know it was a M&G. Kind of a hidden gem.

::yes:: Not a great place for a show, honestly. And the show just isn't anything special. We waited around a bit for it to start and bailed shortly into it.
Well it's been cut already, so it makes sense.

What a tease...
I know :sad: It helped to know that we would be back 4 months later and would get to see it in all it's glory.

Impressive what we could accomplish with the refresh method, but I also felt I spent way too much time screwing around with my phone trying to do it.
I was too actually, this was the first time I did it. However, I hated the amount of time I spent on my phone. We'll see how it pans out when I go with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter