Just a Couple of Childless (for the week) Millennials, Here to Ruin the Fun for Families *COMPLETED 1/5*

LOL at least you remember you had no pants on before answering the door! Such a funny story and good entertainment for us readers :goodvibes

Sounds like a great Epcot night!! Glad you had so much fun!

I was pretty much mortified, and even now I am mortified telling the story. I am here for only the most high quality trip reporting and now you can laugh at my embarrassment:rotfl2:. Joe sure did the rest of the evening.
I want to be kind and sympathetic, but... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
This then started our goodbye tour of Future World.
So bittersweet.
I had decimated my bread trying to spread the cold butter on it, look at my handiwork.
I hate cold butter at restaurants! That always happens! Can't they at least warm it up a bit before bringing it out?
he was even encouraging going around people who refused to move. I’m sure you all understand how frustrating the choke point after the design center can be, but I didn’t think encourage guests to cut in front of others, was the best advice.
I hate that room. It is so chaotic on a good day.
We successfully flew our mission, we viewed it is training for the Millennium Falcon. We walked back to the World Showcase and they were playing the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack. Again, another one of my favorites, we walked over to the World Showplace, which had cleared out, as I just enjoyed the music and basked in the happiness of being at Walt Disney World.
I like that... it's hard to slow down, but EPCOT seems to be the one place that makes me do that. I love a quiet evening at EPCOT seeing the sights and sounds.
“ So help me if you bring up that samurai sword one more time, I am going to buy it and kill myself with it”.
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
I feel like every time I ride this ride I like it less and less, is that weird?
I can see that. I've only ridden it twice, but for all the hype and love it gets it really isn't anything all that special.

What a great night! I love being able to wander and not feel like I'm missing out on something else. Sorry you missed out on your margarita, though!
It's okay, there's always next time right? We rarely wander, so it so was nice just to relax.

I'm sure you didn't think so at the time, but you being stuck with no pants is rather hysterical. At least if the CM thought something other than a nap was going on they probably left quickly! :laughing:
Oh I see how it's funny, but embarrassing nonetheless :lmao:

You had a lovely night in Epcot! I've really grown to love Spaceship Earth in my past few trips so it will be very strange when it changes. I'm sure I'll still love it, though! I'm sorry your meal wasn't as fantastic as you'd hoped, but your skewers looked tasty. And at least you got to see the belly dancer!
SE is one of my favorite attractions at Epcot, so I hope the new version is just as good. Seeing the belly dancer was fun, I'm glad we got to do it too.

I love eavesdropping on other families! It's pretty hysterical some of the things you can overhear - and I love drama that's not mine!
I love traveling without kids, you get to actually hear what other people are saying.

I'm not nearly as sad about this as the loss of Wishes, but I really liked the Fountain of Nations and was very surprised that they took it away. How can a water feature ever be bad?!
I know I am so sad about it all, but I hope the changes are worth it.

I love the last picture you took of Joe on your way out of Epcot! It's amazing with all the lights on the ground!
Thank you, I love that it showcases how freeing that night was. We just wandered and did what we wanted.

LOL at least you remember you had no pants on before answering the door! Such a funny story and good entertainment for us readers :goodvibes
I do what I can :lmao:

Sounds like a great Epcot night!! Glad you had so much fun!
Thanks, it was the best night of the trip.

I want to be kind and sympathetic, but... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
I mean I shared it so other could laugh at my embarrassment so enjoy :rotfl2:

So bittersweet.
I hop it is all worth it in the end.

I hate cold butter at restaurants! That always happens! Can't they at least warm it up a bit before bringing it out?
They should just leave it out at room temperature, how hard is it?

I hate that room. It is so chaotic on a good day.
Agreed, which is why I thought the CMs comments, while I'm sure well intentioned weren't the best idea.

I like that... it's hard to slow down, but EPCOT seems to be the one place that makes me do that. I love a quiet evening at EPCOT seeing the sights and sounds.
It is so hard for me too, I think the reason it's so easy is because a good chunk of the park doesn't have rides in it, so you can just wander and take it all in.

I can see that. I've only ridden it twice, but for all the hype and love it gets it really isn't anything all that special.
I think it being Frozen is all the hype they think they needed :headache:

Following! Love this!
:welcome: Thanks for reading

Just our usual morning line up

We had another early morning, and thankfully it was less chaotic than the day before. We ordered a Lyft that dropped us off at the Boardwalk.

Joe had never been here so we checked out the lobby first.

We had a reservation to get to, so we headed down to the Boardwalk. Joe has never been to this area at all, so I was excited to show him where we’d be staying in December.

Our breakfast this morning was at Trattoria al Forno.

I really wanted to get a drink at Abracadabar, but we didn’t have time this trip, so I just snuck in there this morning to check it out.

We were seated in the first group of the morning. They had all the CMs clap as we walked in which was weird, but nice I guess. One thing I found super interesting was that even though this was a princess breakfast, there were only adults being sat. We didn’t see a single child until probably 30 minutes into our meal, so much for Disney being only for families :rolleyes1 .

We got our pastries.

Honestly, these are the same pastries you can get at a couple of places on property, and they’re not that good. Dry and tasteless, so I don’t know if we actually ate anything, but they are cute at least.

Joe got the steak, which I don’t remember anything about, but it sure looks good to me.

I went with the breakfast calzone, which I loved. It’s mainly sausage, egg, and cheese, and it is delicious.

Our first visitor was Flynn Ryder. I clearly found him very funny.

We chatted about how much I loved him. I asked to see Rapunzel’s tiara, but he said he didn’t have it:confused3.

Rapunzel came over next.

Again, these characters must be hilarious. We chatted about our usual morning line up.

I think Joe forget to get a normal posed picture. They did a little thing where Rapunzel came around and asked everyone what their dream was, I said to travel all the time. Ariel than swim over for a visit. She noticed my necklace looked like a seashell.

Finally we had Eric, which Joe forgot to get a picture of completely. Maybe I can get one of those automated photpass boxes to follow me around next time, they’re bad but they’re better than Joe:lmao:.
We finished up breakfast in plenty of time to get over to Hollywood Studios for rope drop. We opted to take the boat over.

This morning we headed to Toy Story Land first to ride TSM.

Joe beat me once again.

He was very happy to be best in vehicle again.

We wanted to do Star Tours, but we decided to stop at the Chinese Theater first.

We didn’t have much of a plan. Joe wanted to check out the Indy store. He picked out a metal earth ark to make. We also noticed Indy Stitch. I’ve only ever seen the ToT Stitch, how interestingly enough was missing our entire trip this time.

We chatted with the CM, and she explained that there were lots of Stitches around DHS and we should try to find him. She also offered to get Stitch down so we could get a picture with him.

With our new mission to find all the Stitches we headed out. I stopped over near the JTA sign up to ask a CM a question about the future of JTA. We ended up talking to this CM for a long time about Galaxy’s Edge. She had just gotten her preview of the land the night before. By the time we were done chatting, we were ready to use our ToT FP, but sadly the ride was down. We decided to walk down there anyway, and we happened upon the magician show.

This show was highly entertaining and funny. I even got picked to be in it. I was asked to choose a card. He had a tiny plunger that would pick up multiple cards at once, and somehow as if my magic, the little plunger found my card. Every time we have seen the Citizens of Hollywood out, they are so entertaining, so if you see them make sure stop, you won’t be disappointed.

There was a PP out with a suitcase near ToT, so you know I needed to get a picture. Joe noticed the CM was Joe from Naperville, IL, and my Joe is also from Naperville, IL so that was really fun to chat to him about home. Oh and we did get the picture too, so that’s good.

Tower of Terror was still down, but we could use our FP for Rockin next.

This was our third ride this trip, and I started to dislike it less and less.

Our next FP wasn't for a very long time, and I was done with Hollywood Studios. We called another Lyft and met them at the front of the park. We took the Lyft to the outlet mall. I was able to pick up a lot of discounted goods, which made me quite happy.

We got another Lyft back to Coronado so we could relax.

Last edited:
We didn’t see a single child until probably 30 minutes into our meal, so much for Disney being only for families :rolleyes1 .

:rotfl:

I feel like that's the case with many of the non-park early-morning meal times where the adults outnumber the children. To not see any children for about 30 minutes is pretty funny, though!

He was very happy to be best in vehicle again.

It's great to be best in vehicle! Always a highlight.

Every time we have seen the Citizens of Hollywood out, they are so entertaining, so if you see them make sure stop, you won’t be disappointed.

I'm not great about stopping for them, but perhaps I need to be better about this. I want plenty of people to stop so Disney doesn't remove them like they have some of the other live entertainment!

There was a PP out with a suitcase near ToT, so you know I needed to get a picture.

That Photopass photo is one of my favorites! How nice that your Joe could meet another Joe from the same place!

It's a shame you missed out on ToT but hopefully you get a chance to ride it soon. I'm glad you enjoyed RNRC!

We were seated in the first group of the morning. They had all the CMs clap as we walked in which was weird, but nice I guess. One thing I found super interesting was that even though this was a princess breakfast, there were only adults being sat. We didn’t see a single child until probably 30 minutes into our meal, so much for Disney being only for families :rolleyes1 .
:thumbsup2
Ouch... :rotfl:
There was a PP out with a suitcase near ToT, so you know I needed to get a picture. Joe noticed the CM was Joe from Naperville, IL, and my Joe is also from Naperville, IL so that was really fun to chat to him about home. Oh and we did get the picture too, so that’s good.
That's the fun thing about getting to see the hometown or school that a CM is from. Nice when you can connect on a kind of personal level from similar experiences.

I feel like that's the case with many of the non-park early-morning meal times where the adults outnumber the children. To not see any children for about 30 minutes is pretty funny, though!
I just thought it was interesting given the topic of childless millenials all over social media at the time.

It's great to be best in vehicle! Always a highlight.
I wouldn't know, its never me :lmao::sad:

I'm not great about stopping for them, but perhaps I need to be better about this. I want plenty of people to stop so Disney doesn't remove them like they have some of the other live entertainment!
They are well worth the time, even if just for a few minutes, very entertaining.

That Photopass photo is one of my favorites! How nice that your Joe could meet another Joe from the same place!
Lol, he is always excited to meet people from home.

It's a shame you missed out on ToT but hopefully you get a chance to ride it soon. I'm glad you enjoyed RNRC!
This ride was crazy all week, I am sad we didn't get to ride it as much as we normally do.

Sounds like a fun breakfast and fun time at DHS!
It certainly was.

I mean, I just tell the truth :lmao:

That's the fun thing about getting to see the hometown or school that a CM is from. Nice when you can connect on a kind of personal level from similar experiences.
We met quite a few Chicagoans that week, since we don't even live there anymore, we really relish it.

That's One Fancy Hotdog

I was determined to get in the pool at some point, and now was my chance.

We walked over to the dig site pool.

My mom started texting me on the way over. Apparently, Joe’s car was out of coolant and my mom was freaking out. I love my mom and I so appreciate her helping us out, but this afternoon was so stressful She kept hounding us, and there was literally nothing we could do seeing as we were 1100 miles away. We explained exactly what she needed to do, which was pour some coolant in the right tank, but she apparently couldn’t do it. By the time we got to the pool Joe had to call her. I got in the pool for about 2 minutes.

I got out to check on the situation, and right after I did the lifeguard was jumping in the pool. We bypassed the commotion and went over to the bar for a drink and to split a hotdog.

It was a waygu hotdog, which I didn’t even know was a thing, but it was the best hot dog I’ve ever had.

The pool was still shut down, I think the boy the lifeguard had jumped in for had a bloody nose, so I guess they had to close it. Still hot and wanting a dip, we walked back to our quiet pool to relax.

We called my brother and asked him to go over to our house after work to help my mom, so thankfully that was the end of that. After our dip, we got dressed and headed back out to Hollywood.

So the bus kept getting pushed back and we were risking missing our fastpass. I really didn’t want to miss Slinky Dog, so we called another Lyft. The Lyft driver came in less than 2 minutes, and the bus was still predicted to be 10 minutes out, plus the time to stop at all the other bus stops, so I think we made the right call. On the plus side, I hadn’t noticed the new entrance riding on the bus, but this time I did.

Still really excited about the gondolas.

We made it with minutes to spare left in our FP window.

We got some crazy views of Galaxy’s Edge, which again we were super excited about. It was crazy how much progress had been made since we were there last. It was a fun ride on Slinky Dog for sure.

It's the wildest ride in Andy’s backyard.

After SDD, we decided to check out Walt Disney Presents. I was shocked at how busy is was in there, but it was mainly just lined with people camped out on the floor.

We stayed for One Man’s Dream as well. We still had an anytime FP from when ToT was down earlier.

It was a much better ride this time, with a much quieter group.

It was time to head out to our next park, but not before we stopped for more PP pictures.

Last edited:
Love that first photo of you! It looks like it could have been taken at a resort in Mexico and not in Disney! Which I guess means Disney did their theming right haha

Sounds like a fun time in DHS, glad you made it in time for your FP!

It's too bad you had such a short time in the Dig Site Pool! It's a really cool (and big!) pool - especially for a Moderate!

That is a very tasty looking hot dog! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Whew, it's stressful when you're so close to missing a Fastpass! It's even worse when it's a hard-to-get one that you don't want to miss! I'm glad you made it in time and that you got to ride ToT. :goodvibes

Ugh- I can just imagine what that was like to have to deal with a problem at home- NOT FUN!
Glad you got a little swim in, but too bad it was cut short!

YUM! Your lunch looked fabulous!

The park seemed very quiet when we got there. I noticed the train sitting perfectly outside the train station and I got a pang of sadness missing the welcome show

Ugh I so miss the old welcome show :sad1:

Now normal me would be rushing from ride to ride, prioritizing that over all else, but no plan Ashley wanted to stop and enjoy things.

It's weird how we become such creatures of habit with our trip that it's hard to break out of!

I heard a dad ask his family if they wanted to go see some creepy dolls.:rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl:

While we were in line, the cms were driving the Tom Sawyer raft from backstage over to the pick up area, and they started trying to warn us that we were in line for a haunted house

No matter how many times I go or how much I plan, there always seems to be time when I make rookie mistakes.

It happens to us all!

Yup. We literally made it to Splash under the wire. Look how stressed we were.

Yayy you made it!

Literally every single time we went to use a FP there was someone clueless EVREY.SINGLE.TIME. In the end it’s an annoyance to us and then we go on about our day, but I feel terrible for the CMs who have to put up with it nonstop,

Ugh this drives me nuts! That and the fact that some of them are just playing clueless to try to get through without a FP🤬🤬

I feel like Disney would have a much easier time handling rider swap if they just did it the way Universal does it.

Agree

Lol, J does love to dab. It’s hilarious that the kid behind us doesn’t want to be associated with us. I love that our embarrassment isn’t just limited to our own children.

Omg this is great lol

Once Joe was up, he started to get ready and I laid back down, I was down for the count. I felt so nauseous and I didn’t want to be out and about and far from a bathroom.

Oh no!!

Sure enough I was able to snag a Dinosaur FP, and within 10 minutes we were on our way to the bus stop.

Wow you guys are troopers!
next thing I know I look over and she’s giving Joe a massage.

:confused3:confused3 What on earth lol. What did Joe think of that?

Joe and I have been compromised a lot in the past year, and even though it's something silly like Starbucks, it sucks and I still feel violated.

Ugh that really sucks.

Since we had ridden in the middle and back, we decided to wait a little bit longer for the front. It only added 5 extras minutes but was SO worth it.

Yesss.

She had forgotten that my youngest had kindergarten bootcamp and it was starting in less than an hour.

That must've been so stressful from so far away! I have to ask- what is kindergarten bootcamp?!

As per usual, when we tried to scan our FP, the check point was clogged up by a very large family. There was a man in a ECV, with a child on his lap, and they just breezed on by without scanning. The CM had to stop them and not only explain how they needed fastpasses, but also that the child couldn’t be on the lap of the adult in the ECV. This led to a very heated argument between the CM and the guest, and we were just stuck there, because they were blocking the entrance. Thankfully, another CM took pity on us and let us pass by.

Wow. I don't even have words.

I took off my pants to change them, but instead laid down for a minute, next thing you know someone is pounding on our door. I of course jump up to answer the door, forgetting I have no pants on. Thankfully I did remember before I got to the door. In my still half-asleep state, I just panicked and jumped under the covers and told Joe to answer the door since he was still dressed. It was a CM asking to come in to do the safety check, but of course I am now stranded in bed with no pants. It was so freaking awkward, and even worse I think the CM thought something else was going on.

Omg :rotfl::rotfl:I almost never have pants on at home so I get it lol but it must've been so awkward at the time!

So dad says, “ So help me if you bring up that samurai sword one more time, I am going to buy it and kill myself with it”.

But getting to eavesdrop on family drama, can be entertaining. Does that make me a bad person??:rolleyes1

I don't think so because I think it's entertaining too.

Maybe I can get one of those automated photpass boxes to follow me around next time, they’re bad but they’re better than Joe:lmao:.

48466595411_a643aaee91_z.jpg

This is adorable!

Love that first photo of you! It looks like it could have been taken at a resort in Mexico and not in Disney! Which I guess means Disney did their theming right haha
thanks, maybe I should post in Facebook so people thunk I go places other than Disney :rotfl2:

Sounds like a fun time in DHS, glad you made it in time for your FP!
me too, it was stressful for a minute.

It's too bad you had such a short time in the Dig Site Pool! It's a really cool (and big!) pool - especially for a Moderate!
i know we’re not big pool people, but I had been looking forward to this one and the slide.

Whew, it's stressful when you're so close to missing a Fastpass! It's even worse when it's a hard-to-get one that you don't want to miss! I'm glad you made it in time and that you got to ride ToT. :goodvibes
I’m so glad we thought to user Lyft so we didn’t miss it.

Ugh- I can just imagine what that was like to have to deal with a problem at home- NOT FUN!
Definitely not, and my mom kept texting like we could somehow magically fix it from Florida.

Glad you got a little swim in, but too bad it was cut short!
At least we did cool off for a bit.

YUM! Your lunch looked fabulous
it was very yummy.

Ugh I so miss the old welcome show :sad1:
me too! I don’t get why they can’t do a modified version by the castle. I do not like the new show.

It's weird how we become such creatures of habit with our trip that it's hard to break out of!
Its so hard, it’s not everyday you get to be “home” and you just want to make sure you do the things you love while you can.

Ugh this drives me nuts! That and the fact that some of them are just playing clueless to try to get through without a FP🤬🤬
So annoying!

Wow you guys are troopers!
It killed me to stay in the room, I’m so glad we went back out.

:confused3:confused3 What on earth lol. What did Joe think of that?
lol it was definitely different, but Joe didn’t know what to do :rotfl2:

That must've been so stressful from so far away! I have to ask- what is kindergarten bootcamp?!
It was two half days were incoming kinders got to meet the teachers and students, see the school, and just get comfortable. It definitely eased the first day fears a couple weeks later.

Omg :rotfl::rotfl:I almost never have pants on at home so I get it lol but it must've been so awkward at the time!
I think I was more mortified that the CM thought he had interrupted us :oops:

This is adorable!
Thank you ☺️

Childfull Millenials Ruining Our Fun

We took a bus over to Magic Kingdom, and we spotted more of the new buses, hanging out.

The forecast was calling for rain again, so I was hoping the park would clear out like we had experienced earlier in the week, because it was super busy when we got there.

They were just ending the flag retreat when we got in.

We decided to go into some of the shops and window shop.

We saw the PP out taking the new (at the time) wide magic shot, so you know I had to stop to do that.

I didn’t do a good job though because I was confused about when the picture was taken, oops.

Every thing had super long waits, and getting a good 4th fastpass was difficult, so we did the obvious thing and got in line for the Peoplemover. The queue line was completely filled but it moved fast. When we got to a switchback, three girls just jumped in line behind us, cutting probably 40 people. I don’t even think the people they cut in front of noticed, which is equally funny and horrifying, but they were too engrossed in their own affairs I guess.:confused3 I was annoyed by it, but I’m not about to start a fight with some girls, for people that didn’t even notice, it was interesting though to say the least.

Last time we were on the Peoplemover it was night, so this was out first chance to see the Tron construction.

We got in line for Monsters Inc Laugh floor. I sent in a joke while we were in the first queue line room, and apparently that was too early. I think they used it in the show before us, because text back while we were still in the preshow. I didn't get the same response for the second joke I sent, oh well.

We filled the laugh canister, and really enjoyed the show as usual.

So far, the rain was holding off, and the crowds were sticking around, so we got in line for The Mad Tea Party.

Joe isn’t a fan of this ride, so I let him take the wheel.

At some point I was able to get a FP for Mickey and Minnie, which I was super excited about.

Mickey and Minnie loved my “mouse ear” buns.

Umm, excuse me Minnie, that’s my man.

Time for more PP pics.

I haven’t walked in the castle, in I don’t even know how long, so we took the opportunity.

We decided to do Philharmagic next, since that had no wait. There were a lot of rambuncuous children running around, and being quite annoying. Joe and I had started to say, childfull (the opposite of childless) millennials were ruining our fun. I mean we had encountered a lot of unruly children this day, and I try not to blame the children, but the bad parents who let their kids run wild. I mean I feel like ½ of my day is spent corralling my children so they don’t annoy other people, hence why vacationing without them is so fun:rotfl2:. But it makes me even more critical of the bad parents and there were a lot in Philharmagic that night.

This is where the night kind of took a turn. It was about 7:30 and everything other than the shows and peoplemover had insane waits. I was sick of rude people and I was hangry. So we went in search of food. We tried Columbia Harbour House first, but the line was all the way backed up across from the Tangled toilets. Next we tried mobile order at Pinocchio’s Village House. It was a mad house in there. It was wall to wall people trying to order and the line was outside the building but unlike CHH which was single file, this was at least 5 queues wide. We hung out near the mobile order area, and waited about 15 minutes. In all the times I had done mobile order, I had never waited that long. I hear a woman walk up and all I heard was 74, and our order number ended in 68. So I thought maybe we had gotten passed over somehow. So I ask the CM, and she looks at me and I can tell she is trying to hold back, but instead she says on that will be at least another 45 minutes:scared1:. So the women that had just walked up was not 6 numbers later than me, but actually 94 ahead of me.

I had pretty much run of out patience at this point. I asked them to refund my order, and we headed out of the Magic Kingdom.

I wasn’t totally ready to give up, so we decided to eat at one of the monorail resorts, and then possibly head back to MK after dinner. We got the Toy Story 4 monorail, and took it to The Contemporary.

We decided on the Contempo Café, mainly because I wanted to check out the bakery. I got the burger and Joe got the bbq chicken flatbread.

We still had a long wait here, but it was much less chaotic, and we got to sit down at a table to wait. The highlight of the meal was the desserts though.

Joe got this

This is mine

Cake is my favorite thing ever, so I loved having a mini cake to myself. It was amazingly delicious, but probably too much for me to eat. After we had dinner, we did have a FP for Pirates back at MK. Even though it was almost 9, the waits were still insanely high, and when we got off the monorail there were still hoards of people entering the park.

We decided to skip MK and just head back. I am sad how this evening ended, but I think I have been super spoiled by low crowds on my past trips. TP claims this was a crowd level 7, I can’t even imagine how miserable that park would have been with even more crowds. But I feel like if it’s an hour to eat burgers and fries, most rides had 45 minute waits or more, the walkways being wall to wall people, I’m not sure how many people would have fun in that.

We got a much needed night of sleep and high hopes that tomorrow would be better.

Last edited:
Wow!! I can not believe how long that mobile order was going to take! What's the point of mobile ordering then- to sit around in a restaurant for an hour waiting for food?!

Crazy about the lines and that mobile order time as well. Now I'm a little bit scared about our upcoming trip because I do expect MK will be busy in the evening...but I am hoping not that busy.

I really love that wide angle Magic Kingdom shot...think we may have to do that one just because.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!