Junk Mail

Do you open junk mail before you toss it?

• yes - always

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • usually

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • sometimes/other

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • rarely

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • no- never

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
I was thinking about this the other day (and am procrastinating now) -

Do you open junk mail before you toss it?

I usually do, but I feel kind of silly sometimes. Am I wasting a lot of time once it all adds up?

Almost never - in fact, most of the time it doesn't make it in the house. We have a paper recycling box in our garage that every couple weeks we take to a collection bin at our church. As long as it doesn't look like something we need to shred (e.g. credit card offers), I toss it there while bringing it from the mailbox to the house.

We rarely get any junk mail, except at election time. I removed us from almost every mailing list. On the occasion that we get one I haven't see before, I call the company or # and tell them to remove our address. So far they have all complied. I should clarify, I do open junk mail, just to slit the envelope, take out whatever is in, and shred it all before throwing it in the trash.

Yes, I send it off to a company that gives me "rewards points" for our junk mail so they can see what is being marketed to our area. After about a year of junk mail, I get an Amazon giftcard.

I go through cycles. Right now I am in my open, and stuff other junk mail in the prepaid return mail envelopes phase; I try to over stuff so the them too so they pay extra postage LOL. I just make sure I don't mail back any personal info.

If it is obviously junk mail, I toss it.
I open the ones I am not sure of....like companies I do business with, just in case it is important

Pure junk goes right in the recycle bin. I'm more careful if it contains personal info like pre-approved credit card offers which I open and shred. Magazine subscription junk goes right in the recycle though, even with all my personal info. I do tear it in half, don't know why

I check to make sure it isn't pure junk.

I don't want the prefilled credit card applications in the regular garbage.

Politicians' self-serving BS flyers go direct into the recycling can without even reading it.

But mostly, I double check to make sure.

Almost never - in fact, most of the time it doesn't make it in the house. We have a paper recycling box in our garage that every couple weeks we take to a collection bin at our church. As long as it doesn't look like something we need to shred (e.g. credit card offers), I toss it there while bringing it from the mailbox to the house.
This, exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter