Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
We are 60 days out from our first Disney Vacation and now I'm trying to decide on autograph books. I like the idea of using the Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters. However, I have two children who both may enjoy using the book and having their own to look at after the trip. Is this book heavy? Would carrying 2 books around be cumbersome?

Also what tips do you have to help create memorable interactions with the characters? I'm hoping to get more then just a picture and quick signature.

We have used that book on a trip a few years ago. While it is not heavy I found it be a pain to carry in my backpack. Because of the hard cover and the size the way it was on my back become bothersome. Now if my daughter was still in a stroller I would have no problems with taking it around. This year we used the Disney's Who's Who book which was a paperback. It was thicker because it had more pages, but the book itself was smaller, however it was heavier. The characters do like to see themselves in the book, we have found they seem more excited to sign their page than when we just use a plain autograph book. Jasmine and Aladdin even wrote I heart page, which ever page the other was on, my daughter thought that was funny.

I agree they get excited when you have something with their photo on it to sign.

I printed 4x6 matte photos for each character. I had time to use sales to keep the costs reasonable. Every character makes a comment or get excited about their photo. It gets my daughter excited when the characters are.

Today I saw a lady that had printed a Shutterfly book for her kids. Each character had a place to sign, about the size of a name badge stickers. Each character’s photo was on their place. It was cute and the Fairy Godmother made comments about how nice it was.

We have used that book on a trip a few years ago. While it is not heavy I found it be a pain to carry in my backpack. Because of the hard cover and the size the way it was on my back become bothersome. Now if my daughter was still in a stroller I would have no problems with taking it around. This year we used the Disney's Who's Who book which was a paperback. It was thicker because it had more pages, but the book itself was smaller, however it was heavier. The characters do like to see themselves in the book, we have found they seem more excited to sign their page than when we just use a plain autograph book. Jasmine and Aladdin even wrote I heart page, which ever page the other was on, my daughter thought that was funny.

We will have a stroller as my youngest is 4!

We are 60 days out from our first Disney Vacation and now I'm trying to decide on autograph books. I like the idea of using the Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters. However, I have two children who both may enjoy using the book and having their own to look at after the trip. Is this book heavy? Would carrying 2 books around be cumbersome?

Also what tips do you have to help create memorable interactions with the characters? I'm hoping to get more then just a picture and quick signature.

We used that book several years ago in Disneyland. It was a lot of fun.
However, you won't find Mary Poppins in it. We were in line to meet her while I looked and looked for her page. Then I realized, She's Not Animated!! LOL

We just used it for my DD - she loved it. I didn't think she would want to stand in line and get autographs but that was one of her favorite things to do. I think we had to get in line for some characters just because they were in the book. It is a pain but we had it in a backpack so it wasn't too bad. My daughter would read the book while waiting in line. Many of the characters used the book to interact with my DD - Chip and Dale argued over their pictures, Belle commented about how DD would know Belle's story, the stepsisters drew on their pictures. For any characters that weren't in the book we just had them sign on the inside cover.

I have most of this book scanned. if you would like me to send it to you, just send me your email in a PM. I used the shutter fly app and printed 4x6 prints for 3 books. The prints were free and shipping cost around $20. I have 3 little ones between 3-7 and they were fine carrying it.

We used this on our trip last year with our son, who is 5. It was easy to carry around in our backpack & carrying it up to characters made him a little less shy. The characters loved looking at themselves in the book. The green Toy Story soldiers at HS even pointed out their disappointment at not having a page in the book : ( It's an awesome keepsake & especially easy to fill quickly if you do character dining.

We are also bringing a Level One Reader called "What is a Princess?" It features most of the princesses. I'm hoping at the very least Belle might take the time to read it to my little princess. I'll let you know. 15 more days!

I have most of this book scanned. if you would like me to send it to you, just send me your email in a PM. I used the shutter fly app and printed 4x6 prints for 3 books. The prints were free and shipping cost around $20. I have 3 little ones between 3-7 and they were fine carrying it.
I would love to have a copy with additional characters if you have it. I'm going with my 3 kids Mar 3-5. Eye_cares@hotmail.com
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter