jungle skipper canteen, mk

I looked at a pic of the app...and yeah, it seems like a miss by not offering bread.

If I ordered it, knowing that I can't even find pita bread on the menu, I'd probably ask for (and pay for) a side of kid jasmine rice. I think that would work almost as well as pita...and would probably be delicious:)...

Even though it doesn't say it, I would have assumed there was pita or some kind of chip involved too. I've never been served hummus without some bread/chip/cracker to eat it on.

I agree.

And I thought maybe I was mixing up "falafel" with something else in my head, so I Googled it:

falafel.png

...but it also says usually eaten with pita bread.

I expect they've cut automatic bread baskets to save waste/money, but I will miss it.

I agree.

And I thought maybe I was mixing up "falafel" with something else in my head, so I Googled it:

View attachment 365527

...but it also says usually eaten with pita bread.

I expect they've cut automatic bread baskets to save waste/money, but I will miss it.

Falafel I have definitely been served without bread. Where I went to college we had a lot of family owned middle Eastern / Mediterranean restaurants. Some of them served falafel both ways and some served it without any sort of bread. But hummus, I've always had pita or something served with it. The restaurant I went to most often had stacks of foil wrapped pita they gave out with the hummus.

You did not order a MEAL; you ordered an appetizer. Bread doesn't normally come with an appetizer. What comes with the falafel is clearly stated on the menu:

Falls Family Falafel
A secret recipe of Chickpeas, Garlic, Onions, Lemon Juice, and Herbs served with House-made Edamame Hummus and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

I love falafel and hummus. I've never heard of a restaurant serving either of those items without a bread. Bread is essential for both, as far as how they are served in a restaurant. Hummus can be used as a condiment, bur is basically a dip. I, too, would be perplexed as to why they would serve it without pita, naan, or some type of scoopable vessle.

Where we go, hummus comes with falafel as the dip. Pita is extra. I would not expect bread just because I was served falafel/hummus. Now I want all of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!