JUNE W.I.S.H. Challenge - Looking Ahead

I know my situation-a retired empty nester makes it a lot easier for me to practice self care than all of you. But I remember what it’s like to have a family, work and take care of a house.
What I can’t imagine is doing all that in the middle of a pandemic. So I hope you are taking care of yourself as well as all the other things going on in your life. It’s the equivalent of putting your oxygen mask on first so you can help others.

Today I will get out for a long walk-by myself, so I can collect my thoughts and prepare for the week ahead.

Sorry I have been rather MIA. The antibiotic I'm on for my old root canal infection is really messing with my stomach, nausea and diarrhea. After two days, I'm still in pain, completely relying on 2 Advil liquigels every 6 hours. Hopefully I will feel better sooner than later.

Hope you are feeling better today :)

Self-Care Sunday...

I picked up my medications this morning
I am just doing my meal plan for the week ahead then will shop
I am going to walk this afternoon followed by getting cozy on the couch

Saturday... I'm not much of a souvenir shopper, when I do buy something it has to be useful... like antenna balls. For probably 10 years I had the Norwegian flag Mickey on my car, then they quit making them, even before Norway converted to Frozen-land. So I've had a white/black zerba stripe Mickey on the car for years, it's tarting to show it's age ad I did find an unused flag one in a drawer but I'm afraid if I swap it out I won't be able to find the car.

Sunday... I don't know what I'm gong to do about self-care, I'm gong to have to dig deep. Mike has taken a bad turn, we've just spent several hours at the emergency vet. I brought him home hoping we could have tomorrow to say our goodbyes, but I can already tell I'm going to have to take him back o the emergency vet tomorrow morning. He's having trouble walking, and is currently hiding under the bed. I was hoping to be able to snuggle with im, but he moves away when I try to touch him. I knew it was coming but I'm gutted all the same. We've been together 20 years... I won't even know who I am without him. This on top of everything else is just a lot, a whole lot.

I am starting No Scale Challenge, focus on healthy habits in the half size me community. My focus will be

Hunger prevention and the specific habits are form The Diet Fix book

1. Eat every 2.3 to 3.5 hours

2. Eat at least 140g protein a day, 20 each meal and 10 each snack

3. Eat more if I am hungry

4. Eat minimum of 1750 calories a day, no upper limit but would like if my average intake is about 2100

I don't expect weight loss, I expect to see reduction of my night time eating and days I eat more than I burn/overeat

I started yesterday and my next weight in will be between 15th and 18th of July - to be decided.

I am really enjoying the community. I am going to try to share my thoughts on it too - it's going to be STRANGE not to go near the scale. They are doing it for one month only but I added an extra week

Sorry I have been rather MIA. The antibiotic I'm on for my old root canal infection is really messing with my stomach, nausea and diarrhea. After two days, I'm still in pain, completely relying on 2 Advil liquigels every 6 hours. Hopefully I will feel better sooner than later.

Favorite souvenir: When DD was little, Pal Mickey was so much fun to have in the parks. That souvenir probably gave us the most joy.

I wanted to click the sad face about your infection, and the “love” icon about the Pal Mickey at the same time. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Mike has taken a bad turn, we've just spent several hours at the emergency vet. I brought him home hoping we could have tomorrow to say our goodbyes, but I can already tell I'm going to have to take him back o the emergency vet tomorrow morning. He's having trouble walking, and is currently hiding under the bed. I was hoping to be able to snuggle with im, but he moves away when I try to touch him. I knew it was coming but I'm gutted all the same. We've been together 20 years... I won't even know who I am without him. This on top of everything else is just a lot, a whole lot.
I’m so sorry! :hug:

I hate the gap between books! I tend to start one before I finish the last.
Yes, I’m usually reading two book at a time! Especially if one book is a little “heavier “ I like to take a break with a lighter read-a good murder mystery.
I’m getting together with friends this week for an outdoor picnic and we’re all bringing (sanitized) books to swap.

Saturday... I'm not much of a souvenir shopper, when I do buy something it has to be useful... like antenna balls. For probably 10 years I had the Norwegian flag Mickey on my car, then they quit making them, even before Norway converted to Frozen-land. So I've had a white/black zerba stripe Mickey on the car for years, it's tarting to show it's age ad I did find an unused flag one in a drawer but I'm afraid if I swap it out I won't be able to find the car.

Sunday... I don't know what I'm gong to do about self-care, I'm gong to have to dig deep. Mike has taken a bad turn, we've just spent several hours at the emergency vet. I brought him home hoping we could have tomorrow to say our goodbyes, but I can already tell I'm going to have to take him back o the emergency vet tomorrow morning. He's having trouble walking, and is currently hiding under the bed. I was hoping to be able to snuggle with im, but he moves away when I try to touch him. I knew it was coming but I'm gutted all the same. We've been together 20 years... I won't even know who I am without him. This on top of everything else is just a lot, a whole lot.
I'm so sorry that you are going through such a painful time. There are really no words. :hug:

Yes, I’m usually reading two book at a time! Especially if one book is a little “heavier “ I like to take a break with a lighter read-a good murder mystery.
I do that too. Last fall I was reading HAWAII By James Michener. It is a wonderful but very long book, 937 pages, and it is dense with history, some of which is hard to read. So, about halfway through, I started reading a Janet Evanovich book to lighten things up. Right now I'm in the middle of a fluff rom-com novel which is perfect for me right now. I can't handle anything heavy at the moment.

Self-care today is trying to find food to eat that is nutritious but doesn't upset my stomach. Basically, Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast, the BRAT diet is what I can handle right now. I'm also having protein shakes so I don't have too many carbs and sugar. I have grape Gatorade in the fridge in case I need it.

I've been looking for an alternative for walking outside, and I found some indoor walking videos on YouTube. I'm going to start tomorrow when DH goes back to work. He's an athlete, and rather judgmental of anything physical I do, so I'm not doing it in front of him. I can't really handle exercise right now anyway.

Take care and be well.

Thanks everyone. We said our sad goodbys this morning. Overnight he hid under the bed and wouldn't take any comfort from me and wouldn't eat or drink, so it was time. The thing that keeps going thru my mind is "I used to be a woman who had a cat named Mike. But I'm not her any more." My other cat Whitehall is also grieving. I'd like to wait a couple months to get a new kitten, so I'm hoping she'll settle in to the new routine of just the two of us, and being the number one cat for a while.

My self care today has been to do things around the house, cleaning up here and there, organizing. It's been a dark grey damp day, up until an hour or so ago when the sun burned thru. I think tomorrow is supposed to be the only sunny day this week... it's going to be a challenge to have the weather match my emotions. I am grateful that I am feeling the emotions and I'm not numbed out, nor did I reach for anything numbing. I did watch the movie Emma for like the fifth time, a little respite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter