JUNE W.I.S.H. Challenge - Looking Ahead

Today is my twins 16th birthday party #1. This is my daughters party with friends. I’m taking my daughter and 3 of her friends/neighbors to a local lake to go paddleboarding. Our county in PA is going green today. So more things are opening up, including restaurants. But I’ll just pick up pizza on the way home and they can eat on our deck.

Also I’m donating blood today. The American Red Cross is testing for COVID-19 antibodies as an additional service. I’m eager to find out...

Happy Birthday to the twins!

Beautiful clear skies this morning. I'm going to skip my walk again and was thinking I'd sit on the porch for a while, but just decided to drive the beach loop instead... a different way to start the day.

Mixed results with my goal of getting back to basics. My weight has settled at -1 pound for the month, it isn't +1, so good enough.

This weekend I will paint in the living room. I will! Other than that it'll be the normal routine of chores, errands and a Sunday drive somewhere. I've decided to take next Friday off and have a proper three day holiday weekend, so looking forward to that.

Free-for-all-Friday report:

Went to the local grocery store this morning, and it was a good experience. It was not crowded at all, the one-way isles were gone, and I even found a bottle of spray cleaner!

This isn't usually my favorite store (I don't really like how they bag) but I just had a feeling, and I was glad I went with it.

DS finishes his on-line stats class today, so I will be off the hook as tutor. I actually found it kind of interesting, as I'm a math geek but took different electives myself. - But it will be nice for family time to be fun activities again and not torture for him. :rotfl2:

DH and I bought season 17 of NCIS and have been binge-watching. We've been getting through one or two episodes in the evenings together, then he watches one or two more, I catch up the next morning while he's working, and we start the cycle again.

I also had a nice surprise in the mail today. MIL made me a mask out of Mickey & Minnie material!! ~

Free-for-all-Friday report:

Went to the local grocery store this morning, and it was a good experience. It was not crowded at all, the one-way isles were gone, and I even found a bottle of spray cleaner!

This isn't usually my favorite store (I don't really like how they bag) but I just had a feeling, and I was glad I went with it.

DS finishes his on-line stats class today, so I will be off the hook as tutor. I actually found it kind of interesting, as I'm a math geek but took different electives myself. - But it will be nice for family time to be fun activities again and not torture for him. :rotfl2:

DH and I bought season 17 of NCIS and have been binge-watching. We've been getting through one or two episodes in the evenings together, then he watches one or two more, I catch up the next morning while he's working, and we start the cycle again.

I also had a nice surprise in the mail today. MIL made me a mask out of Mickey & Minnie material!! ~

View attachment 504294
Cute mask... I"m still waiting for the masks I ordered from Disney to come, but people are saying they run small, so I don't know if they are going to work well or not.

Hey all - I haven't been to bed yet! It is 1.40am! I registered for an online conference being held in California - they are not recording the key note speaker today and I really want to see it - so here I am crazily still up!!! Once it starts I am going to record it so if a fall asleep its ok - but I have to be up to start it. At least it is now very early Saturday for me and then I can sleep in. I am killing time waiting for it to start lol.

Cute mask... I"m still waiting for the masks I ordered from Disney to come, but people are saying they run small, so I don't know if they are going to work well or not.
We ordered large in different prints. Most of them came, and they all run small. They fit DD okay, and I stretched mine out and re-sewed them. They don't come close to fitting DH.

I was able to nap for about an hour and a half. I woke up for lunch. I don't feel great, but at least I slept.

Today is my twins 16th birthday party #1. This is my daughters party with friends. I’m taking my daughter and 3 of her friends/neighbors to a local lake to go paddleboarding. Our county in PA is going green today. So more things are opening up, including restaurants. But I’ll just pick up pizza on the way home and they can eat on our deck.

Also I’m donating blood today. The American Red Cross is testing for COVID-19 antibodies as an additional service. I’m eager to find out...
Happy Birthday to your twins!

Hmm... challenges that I am grateful for... the bunny!!!! (And all of our previous bottle babies and fosters over the years that have prepared us.)

And while I can't be exactly grateful for something that is sickening and killing so many, I am grateful for the learning experiences that I have had from it, and (and this sounds catty) for the lessons that it offers for society as a whole. We CAN get by with a little less convenience, we SHOULD think of others when we can while still taking care of ourselves.

As for Friday...
I hauled yet another load of brush to the dump, and I am hopeful that now I can get the rest with just those *@&@)!!! brown paper bags and curbside pickup. I *HATE* those stupid things... I recognize they are better for the environment than plastic, but they fall apart if there is rain between bagging and trash day...

Now that we have extra space with the old playground gone, I set up my raggedy old tent in that corner and am airing it out, then I'm using it for a seasonal she-shed until all this nonsense is OVER. H hogs the bedroom like a man-cave and plays video games and listens to politics all day, then talks loudly on the phone with whomever he can, DD16 hogs the living room playing video games and talking loudly to her friends... often on speakerphone... DD13 is at the stays-in-her-room phase, but frequently she is talking loudly too, or out in the living room having a group phone call with DD16 and all their friends... and I am an introvert. They have all been home for months now, they are bored and miss their friends, and I get that... but Mama needs QUIET, and no matter where I go in the house I can hear them! The parks are still hopping, the libraries are still closed, the beaches are crowded.... So fine, I'll camp out in my own backyard! (While I covet the she-sheds online, I can't justify spending the money for the one I like... but I have a tent and I have room, so there.) My little serenity garden I put in on the side of the house with the hammock is nice, but the tent will give me a space to decorate... like a room of my own! I am ordering an inflatable fold-out sofabed that should be here Sunday, so I will have a couch to read on and a place to nap. So backyard glamping, long-term. :P

Zhoen, I have a great weed killer I use now instead of Roundup.

1 gallon white vinegar
1 1/2 cups Epson salts
2 tablespoons Dawn

I mix it up in an old sand bucket and pour into smaller spray bottles I got at Walmart. It really works!

Thanks! I'm going to try this as soon as I find a spray bottle... none at dollar tree and target.

Social Saturday

Let's play a game and get to know each other better...

1. What is your favorite genre of music?

Rock n Roll
2. What is your dream career?
Actress
3. What is your favorite breakfast at Disney World?
Stuffed French Toast and Bacon at Cinderella's Royal Table
4. Do you enjoy cats or dogs more?
Dogs
5. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
6. What is your favorite movie?
"Love Actually"
7. Are your taste buds more savory or sweet?
Sweet
8. What is the vacation you dream about not on Disney property?
Hawaii
9. What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
"Bugs Bunny"
10. Who is your favorite Disney Character/Characters?
Cinderella, Tinkerbell, and Stitch

Fun!

Favorite music-smooth jazz
Dream career-lounge singer (see a pattern here??)
Favorite breakfast at WDW-eating one of those gigantic blueberry muffins on my villa balcony
Dog or cat-definitely a dog person-we has basset hounds for many years
Favorite holiday-Thanksgiving-all of the family together and less stress!
Favorite movie-that’s a tough one. I love old movies. The Philadelphia Story, Bringing Up Baby, old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies
Sweet or savory? Sweet
Dream vacation-Cabo San Lucas
Favorite cartoons-loved Bugs and Daffy!
Favorite Disney character-Belle

Social Saturday

Americana... a folk/country combo, like Brandi Carlile
My current escapist dream is to be the Produce Manager at the Food Co-op in Port Townsend
I love to walk back to Les Halles at rope drop (everyone is on the other side at Frozen, so it's like walking thru my own private park) to get a warmed Brie and Apple Baguette Sandwich
Cats, but someday I do hope to have a dog as well.
I get this heart tugging nostalgic longing at 4th of July, even though I really don't love fireworks.
Right now it is the new version of Emma
Sweet
My next big trip is going to be to Sweden, mostly Stockholm
Road Runner was a fav
Chip and Tink

Social Saturday

Pop
photographer
chocolate croissant
Dogs
Thanksgiving
Too many to choose from. I love almost all movies. My favorite kind of movie is a new one I haven’t seen yet. But it all depends on my mood. I enjoy anything from Disney to a good RomCom (How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days) to car movies (Gone in 60 Seconds or Fast and Furious) to scary/suspenseful movies (Disturbia or Silence of the Lambs) to musicals (Sound of Music) to comedies (Jumanji or The Other Guys)
Sweet
Outer Banks or All Inclusive Caribbean Beach Resort
smurfs
Mickey, Minnie, Belle

I set up my raggedy old tent in that corner and am airing it out, then I'm using it for a seasonal she-shed until all this nonsense is OVER

Sounds like a great idea - hope you enjoy it :)

Rock and Pop
Actress or Model (when I was a teen I did a bit of modelling)
I'll have to go Disneyland - Mickey waffles, with berries and bacon yummm
Dogs
I am torn between Christmas and Easter - but Easter is less work - love the more relaxed nature of it.
Ugh same - so hard to choose - Dirty Dancing - Gentleman Prefer Blondes - and I know its controversial at the moment but I do love Gone with the Wind.
SWEET
Hawaii but really we want to come back and do a really big tour of lots of places in the US
S
ylvester and Tweety and Flintstones
Tangled, Flynn Ryder, Mickey Mouse

Social Saturday

Country

Disney voice actor

Mickey waffles

Cats

Christmas Eve

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone

Savory

Hawaii

Scooby Doo

Belle

Social Saturday

County
A labor and delivery nurse
Mickey Waffles
Neither but if i had to pick dogs.
Christmas
Grease
Hmm I don't know. I will go with sweet
Italy but I don't think it will ever happen. I am not much of a flier. 2 hours seems to be my limit but it is just a chore to even get on a plane
I don't know. I liked so many. He-Man, Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, Jem and the Holograms, Thunder Cats.
Cinderella, Belle, Minnie Mouse

Birthday party #2 was today...with family. Went to local game preserve & played in the creek with cousins and had a picnic. Weather was a concern, but it turned out ok. Some rain to start, but we had 2 canopies up and the rain wasn’t too bad.

Birthday party #2 was today...with family. Went to local game preserve & played in the creek with cousins and had a picnic. Weather was a concern, but it turned out ok. Some rain to start, but we had 2 canopies up and the rain wasn’t too bad.
I love that you did two separate parties for the twins! I hope they (and you) had a great time!

Self-Care Sunday...
Off to a bad start... had cold leftover pizza for breakfast, not because I wanted it, just because it was easy-- same reason I bought it for dinner last night. We were planning to do hot dogs on a bonfire and then a backyard sleep-out, but the weather was uncooperative...

Anyway... My plans for self-care today are:
-Aggressively moisturize my hands. They are feeling AWFUL from all the garden work.
-Work a little on my she shed tent... maybe during the predicted thunderstorms this afternoon... the idea of decorating a "me" space while the rain patters all around sounds peaceful (the tent is on it's last season, so I got a plastic dropcloth tarp to cover it whenever it is not ACTIVELY clear-and-sunny outside... ) So it should be about like rain on a greenhouse... and I ran a power cord out to it and just bought an ossilating fan since my old one died so hopefully it won't be a sweatlodge… :)
- Figure out why my new kindle (old one got dropped and broken-ugh, kids!) is being stupid, then hopefully get back to wayyyyy too much reading... either here inside or out in my "shed"
- A little bit of runaway time/shopping... I have a list of things I need for garden projects, but I am going to look into some of the less practical/more decorative things this morning once the stores open in a bit... not quite a total day of rest... but I am postponing any real work for the day... I'm just too stiff and dried out today :)

I would love to spend the day outside in the pool, but we have thunderstorms coming in this afternoon. I may try to get out early for a quick swim and then a shower before the storms.

DD and I go to the spa for pedicures every 5-6 weeks. It's something we look forward to doing together, and we haven't been able to go since March. So, for Self-Care Sunday, I would like for us to give each other pedicures. It won't be nearly as relaxing as the spa, but at least I could get a polish change. My toes are really rough looking right now...:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!