June Vacation - Any one else worried

Got an email from DVC Rental Store yesterday... they have extended my balance due date by two weeks. Instead of 5/23, it's now 6/7, which is one month before the check in date of 7/7.
We have decided we aren't going anyway, but at least this gives us another 3 weeks to see if Aulani will actually be closed... If the resort is going to be open on 7/7, then we won't make the final payment and forfeit our deposit it seems.

Good luck with your decision...it is tough! I am going to make my final payment today I guess. My check in date is the 30th of June and I am hoping that I am making the right decision so that I get to use my credit at some point!

We were supposed to be going in 3 days 😔but just booked for mid Oct. We hope it’s all good by then! We have a lot of DVC points that we had saved up that need to be used by Nov.. So🙏 all good or we lose a lot of points. Had saved for the big trip to Hawaii from the East coast. So had to do a lot of rearranging! 🤞

I cancelled our Aulani June trip today. I actually cried while I was on the chat with DVC. I received a cancellation initiated by Hilton Hawaiian Village today and decided to pull the plug.

Last edited:
I cancelled our Aulani June trip today. I actually cried while I was on the chat with DVC. I received a cancellation initiated by Hilton Hawaiian Village today and decided to pull the plug.

Sorry to hear it 😞. We cancelled our trip a few weeks back for late July. Even if quarantine is miraculously lifted by then I have no desire to dump my money somewhere it’s not wanted. There are other destinations. Hawaii is a cool place but not all that unique IMO.

As matter of fact we already have two other trips lined up; one for late June another for mid-July. And btw, those two trip combined were cheaper than the one to Hawaii. Hang in there!

We were supposed to be going in 3 days 😔but just booked for mid Oct. We hope it’s all good by then! We have a lot of DVC points that we had saved up that need to be used by Nov.. So🙏 all good or we lose a lot of points. Had saved for the big trip to Hawaii from the East coast. So had to do a lot of rearranging! 🤞
We are in the same boat. Our points expire December 1st so I moved our reservation to the week before Thanksgiving. If we don't get to go then, we lose a years worth of points. I am going to try to transfer them into RCI if that happens and try to use them outside of Disney. If I am not mistaken, that would buy us another year to use the points. However, I suspect since every timeshare on the planet is backlogged, availability may not be the best in RCI for the next year as well.

We are in the same boat. Our points expire December 1st so I moved our reservation to the week before Thanksgiving. If we don't get to go then, we lose a years worth of points. I am going to try to transfer them into RCI if that happens and try to use them outside of Disney. If I am not mistaken, that would buy us another year to use the points. However, I suspect since every timeshare on the planet is backlogged, availability may not be the best in RCI for the next year as well.

We will lose all of ours if we don't use by 11/1. It was a graduation trip for our daughter. Now I don't know how it's all going to play out. Had saved the points for this one as you did. Disney World trip not the same and really no desire to go in the middle of the summer, especially with all of the restrictions that are coming. So REALLY hoping it's ok by then.

We actually have never used RCI. And we didn't know about the option of extending it a year. So if we don't make it to Aulani, we can call and ask them to transfer to RCI and we have another year to use the points with them? And, as you were saying, it's going to get crazy with everyone trying to book everywhere. Even going to be tough to book with Disney properties.

We are in MD so guess Vero or Hilton Head would be last options. :confused3

We will lose all of ours if we don't use by 11/1. It was a graduation trip for our daughter. Now I don't know how it's all going to play out. Had saved the points for this one as you did. Disney World trip not the same and really no desire to go in the middle of the summer, especially with all of the restrictions that are coming. So REALLY hoping it's ok by then.

We actually have never used RCI. And we didn't know about the option of extending it a year. So if we don't make it to Aulani, we can call and ask them to transfer to RCI and we have another year to use the points with them? And, as you were saying, it's going to get crazy with everyone trying to book everywhere. Even going to be tough to book with Disney properties.

We are in MD so guess Vero or Hilton Head would be last options. :confused3
We are in exactly the same predicament and for us to reschedule Aulani for next year, I will not have enough points with the 50% percent limit. Can I ask if you are seeing your points as unborrowed yet in your account? I was told DVC is behind on doing this. We also are trying to decide what to do with these 150 points that expire in November as well.

We are in exactly the same predicament and for us to reschedule Aulani for next year, I will not have enough points with the 50% percent limit. Can I ask if you are seeing your points as unborrowed yet in your account? I was told DVC is behind on doing this. We also are trying to decide what to do with these 150 points that expire in November as well.

No, DVC hasn't put ours in our account yet either. And we have 306 points that we have to use! We saw good flights and they had dropped, so we also booked. We were nervous flights would change (they did) and Aulani could get busy (and/or limited). We REALLY need this to work our we lose a ton and won't be able to go.

So I hope we see everything in our account soon so we can get it all straight. What a mess! And just hoping it all works out.

I hope everything works out for you. I use my DVC points all the time for RCI, so you’re right to start looking now for 2021 availability. Some RCI resorts have already released their 2021 availability and I recently booked an RCI Maui property for next Christmas. Of course, depending on where you want to go, there is a lot of 2020 availability.

I was playing around on the Hawaiian Airlines website, and the flight that I'm supposed to be on out of San Diego on June 19 is no longer bookable. So, I imagine that a cancellation email can't be too far off.

Last edited:
I was playing around on the Hawaiian Airlines website, and the flight that I'm supposed to be out of San Diego on June 19 is no longer bookable. So, I imagine that a cancellation email can't be too far off.
I am patiently waiting for my June 25th to cancel

I just got the cancellation email from Hawaiian Airlines. Fortunately, I didn’t have to jump through any hoops to request a refund. There was a link to a refund request form right in the email. I’m actually weirdly relieved now that it’s been settled.

I woke up this morning to the cancellation also. I was relieved as well. EXCEPT the interisland wasn't cancelled. So now I will have a credit for the interisland airfare that I won't be able to use.

Last edited:
I am scheduled for beg of August and will probably cancel.. the restrictions are going to be a bit too much.

I hope everything works out for you. I use my DVC points all the time for RCI, so you’re right to start looking now for 2021 availability. Some RCI resorts have already released their 2021 availability and I recently booked an RCI Maui property for next Christmas. Of course, depending on where you want to go, there is a lot of 2020 availability.

Thanks. And I hope it works out for you also. We can't lose all these points! And I know we need to start checking into RCI more. We have always used it at Disney resorts but now is the time to get familiar with it. We haven't looked at it closely so haven't been comfortable with it or know enough. Best wishes.

What does the email look like? I haven't been canceled and all my plans are still there for mid-june

I cancelled my Aulani DVC stay myself last week. The cancellation email I was referring to is from Hawaiian Airlines.

I woke up this morning to the cancellation also. I was relieved as well. EXCEPT the interisland wasn't cancelled. So now I will have a credit for the interisland airfare that I won't be able to use.

Good to know about the inter island flight. I have been watching my emails too and have gotten nothing so far. I am on Southwest to and from Hawaii which I think that they are only doing credits? And now maybe my Hawaiian Airlines inter island flight will be a credit too. I have no problem with credits normally but was hoping for refunds since so many of us will have credits, trying to use them might be hard since everyone else will be trying to use credits too.

Good to know about the inter island flight. I have been watching my emails too and have gotten nothing so far. I am on Southwest to and from Hawaii which I think that they are only doing credits? And now maybe my Hawaiian Airlines inter island flight will be a credit too. I have no problem with credits normally but was hoping for refunds since so many of us will have credits, trying to use them might be hard since everyone else will be trying to use credits too.
I just had a "chat" with Hawaiian air about the interisland flight and they said that since they have not cancelled the flight, that it is refund only. I fussed a bit and they said, that we are "good to go" and that since they provided alternative accomodations by continuing to offer the flight we are not entitled to a refund. I said, "you all canceled my mainland flight, and you are saying I am "good to go?" We do not want a credit, we would like a refund just the same as our cancelled flight. Makes me mad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter