June Vacation - Any one else worried

marvfool1

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled to arrive on 6/12/20, keeping my fingers crossed but I have to admit its not looking good.

Yes my family is 7/7/2020 arrival and I'm thinking it's 50/50 at best... haven't even bought airline tickets yet

Never mind June I am worried about a November vacation. For as little as my opinion is worth I am pretty sure Aulani will be open but as a Canadian I am extremely worried about travel restrictions. I am expecting there to be some sort of mandatory quaratine after travel.

I am supposed to arrive 6/19. I’ve made peace with the fact that I probably won’t be going. The just hope Hawaiian Airlines cancels my flight so that I don’t get stuck with a credit.

We are supposed to arrive 6/25, with a stop-off a Disneyland on 6/21 and 3 nights on the Big Island beginning 6/22. I'm 90% sure the trip isn't happening. Holding out until April 30 to cancel my United Flight, in hopes they will cancel first, but United is requiring cancellations by April 30 (at this point anyway) to get the change fees waived. Sigh. That trip was going to be epic. I'm fortunate that it wasn't my first trip to Aulani and won't be my last (we own there), but still a tremendous disappointment. We also had to cancel our March Vero trip. :(

I'm mentally preparing for a full cancellation, just waiting to see what the airlines and DVC are going to do for June reservations. Airline tickets are with Delta Vacations we are expecting travel vouchers, DVC reservation was made using points, some/most borrowed from 2021 UY, hopefully DVC will place the 2021 points back into the 2021 UY. North shore reservations are on on non-refundable deposits but trying to see what w can work out...

I am supposed to arrive 6/19. I’ve made peace with the fact that I probably won’t be going. The just hope Hawaiian Airlines cancels my flight so that I don’t get stuck with a credit.

We are in a similar situation. A credit with Hawaiian Airlines would be useless to us.
Also, we rented points. The issues with this inspired us to finally join DVC after renting for the last four trips. We don’t want to be caught in a situation like this again.

We were supposed to be cruising; but opted for Aulani in November instead. We are getting nervous as well.

We are supposed to fly in on June 1st. Last week, the Hawaiian airlines website showed that they went down to 1 flight that day and it was not the one I am booked on. I checked again yesterday, and not only is my flight back on the schedule, they have a total of 11 flights that day from LAX to HNL. I think that the hotels and airlines WANT to be able to be up and functional come June 1st. I am feeling 50/50 on if it will happen. The whole point of the seclusion was to flatten the curve. Most of the country has accomplished that.

I am curious if Hawaii will then lift the 14 day quarantine for everyone coming in/leaving? That is what I am most concerned about. Sure we can get there; but we will have to stay in our hotel room for 14 days...

We moved our trip from spring break to the middle of June because we found a studio available for several nights right when this whole Covid-19 pandemic began. We are hopeful but realistic that this may be canceled. Our flights have been changed a lot.

I am curious if Hawaii will then lift the 14 day quarantine for everyone coming in/leaving? That is what I am most concerned about. Sure we can get there; but we will have to stay in our hotel room for 14 days...
Hawaii is so dependent on tourism that if this 14 day quarantine were in place all the way till November they would be in for one heck of a recession/depression. I would be very surprised if its not lifted sometime this summer. I am much more concerened with our government (Canada) requiring some kind of quarantine rules after international travel being instituted.

Hawaii is so dependent on tourism that if this 14 day quarantine were in place all the way till November they would be in for one heck of a recession/depression. I would be very surprised if its not lifted sometime this summer. I am much more concerned with our government (Canada) requiring some kind of quarantine rules after international travel being instituted.

This is what I keep telling myself as well; but from what I have been reading some of the residents of Oahu are not too keen on allowing tourists anytime soon. Waiting game for sure. Sending positive vibes for everyone during this difficult time. :guilty:

Hawaii is so dependent on tourism that if this 14 day quarantine were in place all the way till November they would be in for one heck of a recession/depression. I would be very surprised if its not lifted sometime this summer. I am much more concerened with our government (Canada) requiring some kind of quarantine rules after international travel being instituted.

it won't be a recession/depression...it will likely be a lot worse...

it may already be too long/too late to avoid long lasting damage...the alternative would be to sacrifice maybe 5-10%+ of the population to the virus (fatality rate goes way up after hospitals run out of ventilators and rooms)

if you really want to see something startling...try looking up the current unemployment % for hawaii...and realize that just like every other state...that number is still lower than what it actually is...just don't be drinking anything if you decide to do so.

a lot of the people that don't want tourists to come have that opinion because of a lack of faith in the competence of the state government...its more of a "we don't trust the government to even do what they said they'll do...so please don't come". some don't want tourists to come because they don't want people to fly all the way out to hawaii and have to spend their entire trip in a hotel room...and waste their money that way. and of course there are a few that don't want any tourists to come at all (tho there have always been a few that felt this way...there was simply no valid excuse for them to say so openly before now.)

I am remaining hopeful for late July/early August trip, we did receive an email from Alaskan Air giving us a generous amount of time to use credit if we cannot go. So if this time in 2020 is cancelled, we will be going late July 2021. We were going to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and daugters graduation, so it will feel a little less sweet next year.

it won't be a recession/depression...it will likely be a lot worse...

it may already be too long/too late to avoid long lasting damage...the alternative would be to sacrifice maybe 5-10%+ of the population to the virus (fatality rate goes way up after hospitals run out of ventilators and rooms)

if you really want to see something startling...try looking up the current unemployment % for hawaii...and realize that just like every other state...that number is still lower than what it actually is...just don't be drinking anything if you decide to do so.

a lot of the people that don't want tourists to come have that opinion because of a lack of faith in the competence of the state government...its more of a "we don't trust the government to even do what they said they'll do...so please don't come". some don't want tourists to come because they don't want people to fly all the way out to hawaii and have to spend their entire trip in a hotel room...and waste their money that way. and of course there are a few that don't want any tourists to come at all (tho there have always been a few that felt this way...there was simply no valid excuse for them to say so openly before now.)
I understand the mixed feelings on Tourism. I have grown up in Vancouver Canada and use to take my family to Whistler, Tofino and these places have gotten so popular that i am now effectively priced out. Thankfully theres other good local destinations.
For my part i just love Hawaii so much. Its a quick 5.5 hour direct flight and as long as we do a lot of shopping at Costco its actually affordable. I have always had good interactions with the locals and try to always be respectful of peoples homes. I love the no honking thing. Its amazing how many people use their horn needlessly here. Unless i am about to get hit I have never found a need to use the horn. Even when being cut off or others people make mistakes because heck i sure make a lot of mistakes driving too. lol

We are scheduled to check in June 10th. So far we have had no changes with our Delta flights, but if the quarantine is still in place I hope they cancel them so I can get the refund instead of just credit. We have a group of 10 so not everyone travels much and will have a hard using vouchers if we can't coordinate going back together. We also rented our rooms and did so through David's. I was trying to get ahead of this and see about rescheduling but they told me they are still working through March and April renters, so I am just waiting at this point...

We were supposed to be in Hawaii June 1-14- Southwest has cancelled our outbound flight so I have finally accepted that this trip is not happening. I am thinking of rescheduling for the end of summer (July 18-Aug 1) but I am thinking that this is not looking too hopeful either and not sure if I want to put the work into more planning just to cancel again. Really bummed as I am currently pregnant and this was intended to be our last trip as a family of 3 with my 16 year old son- I really wanted to give him one last special trip (and selfishly, was also really looking forward to it). There is one side of me that really still wants to go, but then the logical side that says I need to be safe- it really just depends on moment as to which way I am going...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!