June Jungle Book Exercise Challenge!

Checking in with 137 minutes yesterday (that's what I get for running errands on a run day), putting me at

1871/1900

I'm so close! There's a chance I'll hit goal today, and even if I don't, I'll definitely do it tomorrow.

Color changes coming soon!

Congratulations to our newest members of WISH Jungle Green ... congrats, 2manypets and Saphire5742!

Let's celebrate the jungle by sharing some information about another "smaller" character in The Jungle Book.

Akela is the leader of the wolf pack in The Jungle Book. In the 1967 animated film, Akela only has a brief role, appearing at the beginning of the film, when the council of wolves meet after Shere Khan's return to the jungle to decide what to do about Mowgli's future.

latest

Akela plays a slightly larger role in the 2016 live-action version of The Jungle Book, where he is voiced by Giancarlo Esposito. In the film, Akela adopts Mowgli into his pack after Bagheera rescues him. However, years later, Shere Khan threatens the wolf pack upon finding Mowgli at a gathering at the watering hole during a drought. This causes disagreement to break out on whether Mowgli should leave the pack, but Mowgli decides to leave to protect them before a decision is reached. Upon Shere Khan's return, the wolf pack tells him that Mowgli has left. Shere Khan then kills Akela by throwing him off a cliff and assumes command of the wolf pack. Akela's death has far-reaching effects, spreading through the jungle until Mowgli hears of his murder from King Louie and decides to avenge him. Akela is finally avenged when Mowgli kills Shere Khan by causing him to fall into a pit of fire beneath a tree. Afterwards, Raksha takes Akela's place as the new leader of the pack.

CeFHKFKUMAAym8t.jpg

Let's make an effort to finish out the month as strong as a wolf! We're only
749 minutes away from the team joining King Louie Pink ... I know we can do it!

30 minutes since my last post. (510/600) - I've been lazy in the heat, and will not likely make goal. But I'm at 85% so far - so I guess I'll think of it as a respectable "B" and shoot for higher next month.

:thanks: @SarahDisney for doing such a great job with June. I loved seeing the Jungle Book clips and info!!

And another :thanks: @Saphire5742 for starting July! I'm going to head over to the new thread and sign up.

But I'm at 85% so far - so I guess I'll think of it as a respectable "B" and shoot for higher next month.

85% is an awesome percentage!! Some months it's hard to reach your goal, but you really made an awesome amount of progress towards your goal and got in lots of exercise!

I may add a little tomorrow but looks like I'll be finishing the month pink.

King Louie Pink is definitely an awesome place to finish!

Checking in with 30 minutes for me today (walking and stretching), which puts me at ...

1901/1900!!

I'm off to update the first post. Some exciting color changes to announce tomorrow, including a team color change!!

Before I get to today's color changes, I forgot to announce one yesterday ... congrats to sophy1996 on reaching King Louie Pink!

Today we have a number of new members of
WISH Jungle Green - congratulations, chbc, LizardQueen8, and SarahDisney!

We also have a team color change ... our team is officially
King Louie Pink!

0*-j09P5p-hOrj-I5L.jpg

The character of King Louie (who did not appear in the original Rudyard Kipling stories) was changed quite a bit between 1967 and 2016. In the 1967 animated film, King Louie was an orangutan, but that choice of species does not fit in with the setting of the movie. For the 2016 adaptation, Jon Favreau decided to change the character to a gigantophithecus, an extinct ancestor of the orangutan that roamed the jungles of India and Asia and was double the size of an adult male organutan.
King Louie's well-known song, "I Wan'na Be like You (The Monkey Song)," appears in both versions, but with the lyrics changed to reflect the change of species.

Today is your last day to get in those June exercise minutes! I'll do one "final" update on Sunday morning to let everyone know how we finished the month, and then I may do a post-final update later in the week if more people check in with late-reported minutes. Let's finish up strong!

90 minutes of yoga and pilates yesterday & I have a class later today that will give me another 60 minutes today.

1720/1560

Thank you so much for hosting this month! Because of all the exercise challenges I've joined, I'm now down over 40 pounds and down 3 pant sizes! WOOT!!:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter