June 2020 high prices

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
I just priced June 2020, as that is when we always sail, and there are no ships out of Fort Lauderdale. That seems odd. I got pricing for Harmony out of P.C. and Symphony out of Miami, and wow the prices are $1500 more than I paid for the Allure out of F.L. this June. First DCL priced me to RCL, now RCl may be pricing me to MSC, Princess, Celebrity (all were a lot cheaper for June 2020) or gasp, do I dare say Carnival (I would only consider the new ship Horizon). Does anyone know why there are none listed for June? We live in Central Florida, so those three ports are really all we look at, so hoping RCL adds some out of F.L later on.

So I took a look at all June 2020 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, and there are a grand total of... 12. All princess and celebrity. Weird.

I loved going out of Fort Lauderdale:( on Allure and Harmony! Is it just as easy to go out of Miami and Port Canaveral as far as flying and hotels?

I don’t know about Miami. I did Port Canaveral for a DCL cruise and it involves a little more planning (since it’s not a large urban centre like Fort Lauderdale or Miami), but isn’t all that difficult.

Ok, just found out that the Allure goes into dry dock March 2020 then she is off to Barcelona. Just weird that RCL did not replace her with another ship. Did some research and I just don't feel that Princess, MSC or Celebrity will fit us. We are in our early 50's but kids at heart. We are not party animals but like to do more than lounge by the pool. I will research more on NCL Breakaway and Carnival Horizon. Have any of you cruised on either of those?

Ok, just found out that the Allure goes into dry dock March 2020 then she is off to Barcelona. Just weird that RCL did not replace her with another ship. Did some research and I just don't feel that Princess, MSC or Celebrity will fit us. We are in our early 50's but kids at heart. We are not party animals but like to do more than lounge by the pool. I will research more on NCL Breakaway and Carnival Horizon. Have any of you cruised on either of those?

I've been on Carnival Vista twice (sister to Horizon). Love the ship. Lots of things to do if you want to be active like the ropes course and sky ride. Many included food options for lunch and the Sea Day brunch is awesome.

We sailed out of Miami and November and are sailing again next month. It's not as close to the airport as Port Everglades is to FLL but it's still very easy.

We're going on our first Carnival cruise (Magic). RCCL ships were way over our budget for President's week. Our 2nd choice was Carnival Horizon but it was only 6 nights so we went with Magic.

I just priced June 2020, as that is when we always sail, and there are no ships out of Fort Lauderdale. That seems odd. I got pricing for Harmony out of P.C. and Symphony out of Miami, and wow the prices are $1500 more than I paid for the Allure out of F.L. this June. First DCL priced me to RCL, now RCl may be pricing me to MSC, Princess, Celebrity (all were a lot cheaper for June 2020) or gasp, do I dare say Carnival (I would only consider the new ship Horizon). Does anyone know why there are none listed for June? We live in Central Florida, so those three ports are really all we look at, so hoping RCL adds some out of F.L later on.

FYI, Carnival Vista and Horizon are very similar. (I've sailed the Vista and it was amazing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter