June 2018 Med on the Magic: does this private tour price sound right?

CanuckOnaBoat

Mouseketeer
We're looking at a couple of private tours - Marseille and Livorno. I think the price quotes are for a private van for up to 8 people for a 7-8 hours tour.Each are about 600 Euros.

Marseille itinerary: Aix en Provence and then to the Luberon area. does not include lunch or entrance fees.

Livorno:
Castle of Lari; visit a small pasta shop with pasta making demo; visit a local winery with medieval cellars; visit to S.Miniato town

Naples - i'm getting quotes for 3 people for 7 hours for between 300-500 euros.

Does this sound about right?

Full day tours for 75 euro a person is pretty good, if you're filling that 8 person van.

Make sure in Italy if you a getting a guide or a driver, or both. Drivers are not allowed to go into a area with you, they may know some about the history and such. A driver will drop you off then meet you when you're done. Guides are trained, tested, and licensed, and will stay with you the entire time. That may be some of the difference in cost.

I don't know if the same applies to France.

Sounds right - What tour groups are you using? I’m going in May 2018 and need to start booking.

Looks right to me. In Naples we have a driver AND tour guide. As a previous poster said, drivers cannot go into the site and act as a guide. Italy is strict about tour guides. They must be licensed. So we have a driver and a guide and for up to 8 people (we actually have 6 people) we're paying 800 Euros for Hurculaneum and Pompeii. I could have paid less and just had the driver, but I think a guide is important for those archaeological sites. In Marseille we have a private tour and we're paying 550 Euros for the day for three people.

Looks right to me. In Naples we have a driver AND tour guide. As a previous poster said, drivers cannot go into the site and act as a guide. Italy is strict about tour guides. They must be licensed. So we have a driver and a guide and for up to 8 people (we actually have 6 people) we're paying 800 Euros for Hurculaneum and Pompeii. I could have paid less and just had the driver, but I think a guide is important for those archaeological sites. In Marseille we have a private tour and we're paying 550 Euros for the day for three people.

Thank you for this clarification! i had no idea! Without knowing - all of our past tours have had a driver also licensed as a guide. but now i know to make sure!

Sounds right - What tour groups are you using? I’m going in May 2018 and need to start booking.

This is who I've contacted to so far for Marseille:

NAPOLI:

For Livorno - i'm using the company that did the tour for my guests at my wedding in Tuscany: Tours by Roberto

Most I got through TripAdvisor - usually, I search this Disboards for recommendations and cross check on Trip Advisor.

I've got lots of spreadsheets and word documents pulling the info all together - let me know if any research might be helpful. Note: all my planning is centered around a family trip with 2 kids (ages 3 and 5) plus extended family with aunt, uncle and a grandmother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter