--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

I probably will be canceling our Monday, June 25 Sonoma Terrace reservation (party of 2). PM if you want to coordinate timing. I don't know if it works to coordinate when I cancel so you can grab it, though.
We are going to do the Carthay Circle dining package on Wednesday instead.

We are leaving in 2 hours!! We are driving down overnight (about 14 hours, depending on breaks) because it is easier on our little guys.

We should get to our hotel in the early afternoon and have the rest of the day to get settled in. Tuesday will be our first day! I'm so excited!! My 2 year old has been running around all day in his mouse ears screeching, "Miey (Mickey without the "ck") hat!" and my 4 year old is so excited to ride the "slow choo choo" (it was closed the last time we went in 2016 and it broke his little train-loving heart).

I hope everyone who is going this week has a wonderful visit!

Moving to VGC as soon as we check out of our rental at 10. Hoping our room will be ready early-ish-plan to drop stuff off with bell services and then maybe pool and grocery shopping. Eeeeeh!

Hope everyone that is there already or is in the process of going have a wonderful time. Please report back on the crowd levels. We leave in 5 days!!

Moving to VGC as soon as we check out of our rental at 10. Hoping our room will be ready early-ish-plan to drop stuff off with bell services and then maybe pool and grocery shopping. Eeeeeh!

We got here around 230 yesterday. Room wasn’t ready until 4:15 (right when our littlest one had a major meltdown.) Bell services will hold your bags and deliver when you call from your room.

Hope everyone that is there already or is in the process of going have a wonderful time. Please report back on the crowd levels. We leave in 5 days!!
Crowds were light until around 11. I’m not an expert but it seems pretty packed right now. It’s probably not compared to what it CAN be, but feels crowded to us.

We got here around 230 yesterday. Room wasn’t ready until 4:15 (right when our littlest one had a major meltdown.) Bell services will hold your bags and deliver when you call from your room.

Crowds were light until around 11. I’m not an expert but it seems pretty packed right now. It’s probably not compared to what it CAN be, but feels crowded to us.
Today is extremely crowded. Much worse than the last two days, because SoCal select passes are unblocked with the bring a friend discounts. Last 3 days until August for SoCal select passes.

Despite the crowds, still easily manageable by arriving early and being diligent for first 3-4 hours. Take a several hour long afternoon break, collect Fastpasses while out of the park (using Maxpass) and have a great night in the packed park! Despite the crowds, today we did: Nemo, Autopia, Haunted Mansion, Splash, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Space Mountain, Buzz, Small World. Left from 12:30 to 5 for long break at hotel. Have FP later for RSR, GOTG, Soarin and Matterhorn. Still pretty good!

On a separate note, the 10:30 Fantasmic on Sunday night was empty - had FP and had front and center seat from second row (seated). Also, saw PTN from the start near SSS. There was still plenty of seating 20 minutes before parade started. Fireworks cancelled due to wind Sat night, but went off on Sunday.

Despite the crowds, still easily manageable by arriving early and being diligent for first 3-4 hours. Take a several hour long afternoon break, collect Fastpasses while out of the park (using Maxpass) and have a great night in the packed park! Despite the crowds, today we did: Nemo, Autopia, Haunted Mansion, Splash, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Space Mountain, Buzz, Small World. Left from 12:30 to 5 for long break at hotel. Have FP later for RSR, GOTG, Soarin and Matterhorn. Still pretty good!

On a separate note, the 10:30 Fantasmic on Sunday night was empty - had FP and had front and center seat from second row (seated). Also, saw PTN from the start near SSS. There was still plenty of seating 20 minutes before parade started. Fireworks cancelled due to wind Sat night, but went off on Sunday.
I get your positivity and I appreciate it. However, things are a bit different with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Planning, maxpass, and all that can go out the window in a few minutes when a baby starts screaming. “Everyone has a plan until they get screamed at in the face”. It’s all good. I get it. It would have still been better (for me) if the annual pass thing would have stayed how it was.

Room was ready at 3:45-just when kids were getting done at the pool. We got the second room on our request list-5th floor and awesome DCA view. I am so happy to be here-I’ve been waiting so long for this it seems :).

No problem getting 7 loungers by the pool, or a table at Uva for lunch. So crowds don’t seem to be impacting everything too much thank goodness. We will definitely be there for EMH tomorrow to get as much done early as we can.

I get your positivity and I appreciate it. However, things are a bit different with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Planning, maxpass, and all that can go out the window in a few minutes when a baby starts screaming. “Everyone has a plan until they get screamed at in the face”. It’s all good. I get it. It would have still been better (for me) if the annual pass thing would have stayed how it was.
Trust me, I hear you! We have a 2 and a 4 year old with us and we got lucky with them today. No major issues. Certainly been on the other side of that equation many times, where kids cause best laid plans to go out the window. The crowds make it far tougher and I've had many difficulties this week because of the extra crowding. Please don't misinterpret my prior post as bragging as it wasn't intended that way! Just trying to offer one person's (lucky) experience today.

Hope you and your family have a great time and the crowds lighten up. I will never forgive Disney for unblocking the AP's this week. I'm very upset about it and the experience has undoubtedly been made worse because of the extra crowds.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter