--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

I’m so glad it will be back up before your trip! I know you enjoy the ride. Once a trip is honestly enough for me. I love the queue, but the ride is just okay. Despite the closures, Em and I are having a great time. Getting there early, taking breaks mid-day, staying late, utilizing MaxPass are all keeping the trip flowing beautifully. And now that we are finally staying at BWPPI, I am prepared to concede that it is indeed closer to the crosswalk than PVI. :rolleyes1
party:

For those of you there on Father's Day (with Fathers in tow), are you doing anything special to celebrate them?

We will be move to the GCV from Newport Beach on Monday the 18th-my husband loves the beach so I think we’ll make Father’s Day a beach day, and perhaps grill at our rental house, before I subject DH to Disney madness for the rest of the week.

Looked at the weather for our dates, and I am pleasantly shocked!! Upper 70's to low (very low) 80s the whole time I'm there, with 0% rain. A little wind, but that's okay! I have 5 park days to see the fireworks. :)
I keep looking at the forecast and drooling over those temps, but it's still about a week out from our visit. I've seen it in the 100s that late. Oh, well. I live in Phoenix. Low 90s will actually be a cooling trend. (Only in Phoenix do you ever hear, on the local radio weather, "it'll be a nice, cool 98.")

I keep looking at the forecast and drooling over those temps, but it's still about a week out from our visit. I've seen it in the 100s that late. Oh, well. I live in Phoenix. Low 90s will actually be a cooling trend. (Only in Phoenix do you ever hear, on the local radio weather, "it'll be a nice, cool 98.")

Ha! We are fellow Arizonans. It always makes me laugh when they call it "a cooling trend".
I am so excited for the possibility of 70's / low 80s!!!
For those of you there on Father's Day (with Fathers in tow), are you doing anything special to celebrate them?
We arrive on Father's day! We had originally planned to make a reservation somewhere but my husband now says he would prefer to just wing it...grab something quick or stop in somewhere in Downtown Disney. Gotta rest up to hit it hard first thing Monday morning! :)

Going down to San Diego for the day. First to a church service led by one of his favorite pastors, then to USS Midway. Possibly Silver Strand Beach if we’re not beached out.

First DLR day tomorrow. Drove from NY since Wednesday. Had a marvelous time. Confess getting tired of the desert. I had no idea how windy it was in the Southwest. It’s been such a blast to do so many dream things (Graceland. Johnny Cash boyhood home, Four Corners, Grand Canyon, & so much more).
But
I’m ready for the mouse!!!!

So, now that our WOC package is being cancelled for the 22nd :sad1::sad1: I think I’ll book a character meal for the gang-we have 8 and are also doing the B.B. F! Package, and of course Mom (me) is paying for the big meals. We’ve done Plaza before-characters were great, I thought food was meh. Since we have five days, going to one of the hotels wouldn’t be a problem-thoughts? I’ve heard Storytellers has the best food.

We just did dinner with Goofy tonight and had a great time. There were 6 characters. Chef Mickey did the photo op at the front. Then Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, and Dale came to the table. Several of them came more than once. They played with our kids and the boys at the next table. Lots of hugging and dancing and fun photos. The interaction was really good and I was pleased as I had read some reviews that the interactions are too rushed. I really didn't feel rushed.

We arrive at Disneyland on Father’s Day. We are staying at DLH and booked goofys kitchen for dinner before realizing it’s Father’s Day! DH is fine with it. We normally avoid character meals for any meal other than breakfast, so hoping we aren’t disappointed!

We’ll be heading in from LA after catching the dodgers game Saturday night, and making a stop to see the space shuttle on our way to Anaheim. So I’ll be a busy day!

As a teen, I stayed with an auntie in Arizona for part of one summer. I came home (to Oregon) in long sleeves. It had been 110* in Arizona the morning I left, and Oregon was a cool 90* when I arrived. Family thought I was out of my mind in long sleeves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter