--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Trying to decide what to do Sunday (day we arrive) for Father's day. We can't decide if we want to brave the crowds at a local restaurant or just wander over to Downtown Disney and grab a bite there. I assume it will be busy everywhere for Father's day...

So glad to hear you were successful with your LMT tickets! We too have LMT tickets and I was a bit worried about the process of loading and naming them. So many other folks have said that they were not able to name them. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out...

If you do decide to do TS in DTD or somewhere nearby for Father's Day, try to make a reservation ahead of time. It will make things easier for your arrival day.

People here have been reporting that they have been able to name their LMT tickets in the DLR app, so I think that one of the recent app upgrades took care of this issue.

YAY! We will all be in Disney next month! It is 27 days until my grandson and I arrive. His first trip and I haven't been to Disneyland since 2000. I have had several (LOTS) of trips to WDW and several to DLR since 1964 and o. Looking forward to sharing my love of Disney with my grandson.

We are looking at the VOID experience in DTD, does anyone have experience with this and thoughts? My grandson is 10 so he is old enough and tall enough. Thanks for input.

I have watched several YouTube vlogs on the use of MaxPass and now feel more comfortable with this process. I think I will miss the magic band and will plan to get lanyards to keep our tickets in, would hate it if we lost them out of a pocket. EEEKKK.

I purchased our tickets from Ares and I believe once we arrive to Disney I just go to a ticket window and exchange them, is this correct? And then I will get "real tickets" that I can link to the Disneyland app on my phone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people out there on the Disboards! My go to when planning.

Last edited:
Woo hoo...43 days for us until we arrive! So excited and I'm obsessed with all the new Pixar Fest souvies, food and treats! Need to make a list of all the things I want to buy and eat!!:love:

Trying to decide what to do Sunday (day we arrive) for Father's day. We can't decide if we want to brave the crowds at a local restaurant or just wander over to Downtown Disney and grab a bite there. I assume it will be busy everywhere for Father's day.!

We need to figure out Father’s Day as well. We arrive at SNA on Saturday and have rented a house with a friend at Balboa Isalnd for two nights. My husband went to college in Southern California and used to lifeguard on the beaches there-and is not the Disney fan I am - so right now I’m assuming we will play that day by ear and probably have an easy beach day. Need to figure dinner out but he might be just as happy grilling at the house and not dealing with crowds.

We also want to make matching t-shirts for one day. Have done the tie-dyed mickey ears twice but want to change it up this time and need ideas.

... I think I will miss the magic band and will plan to get lanyards to keep our tickets in, would hate it if we lost them out of a pocket. EEEKKK.

I purchased our tickets from Eres and I believe once we arrive to Disney I just go to a ticket window and exchange them, is this correct? And then I will get "real tickets" that I can link to the Disneyland app on my phone?..

Lanyards are a good idea. Some people like Witz Wallets, too (very secure, waterproof, hold a few more things than a ticket) -- you can find them on Amazon.com. To be extra safe, take a photo of each ticket (with a clear image of the bar code and number). That way you have a back up if anything happens to the actual ticket. DISers have been able to replace lost/stolen tickets quickly and easily because they could show the photos at Guest Services.

Do your tickets from aRes have bar codes on them? If the print outs/emails/whatever you received have bar codes, you should be able to go directly to the turnstiles where the CMs will scan the bar codes and give you a paper ticket. If there is no bar code, then you will have to go either to the ticket booths or to Guest Services. If you aren't sure, contact aRes to find out.

Last edited:
Lanyards are a good idea. Some people like Witz Wallets, too (very secure, waterproof, hold a few more things than a ticket) -- you can find them on Amazon.com. To be extra safe, take a photo of each ticket (with a clear image of the bar code and number). That way you have a back up if anything happens to the actual ticket. DISers have been able to replace lost/stolen tickets quickly and easily because they could show the photos at Guest Services.

Do your tickets from aRes have bar codes on them? If the print outs/emails/whatever you received have bar codes, you should be able to go directly to the turnstiles where the CMs will scan the bar codes and give you a paper ticket. If there is no bar code, then you will have to go either to the ticket booths or to Guest Services. If you aren't sure, contact aRes to find out.

Thank you! I looked and no bar code, so guess it is ticket booth or Guest services when we arrive on Sunday. AND GREAT idea for taking a photo of the tickets!

My family of 3 is going to DL June 25-28. Staying at DLH. Just booked WOC dessert party for 9:30pm. Can anyone tell me if this is the time we should show up for the dessert party or is this the time WOC starts and we should be there a lot earlier?
Not an expert on this. June 22 will be my second time for the dessert party. I think arrival depends somewhat on your group size. A party of 2 is of course easier to accommodate than a larger party. We will have 6 in our party this time and I plan to be there at least 60 minutes early - 8:30PM. Maybe 8:15PM. With a party of 2 I would still lean towards at minimum 45 minutes early.

:wizard:

All pieces of our puzzle are in place. Ralph Brennan's on arrival night, WOC DP parks night #1 (we discovered last time that there's enough food left over after that that we can graze on it for the rest of the trip), BB F! package night #2, WCT night #3, and Surf's Up breakfast late morning #4, which is departure day. Definitely ready to go!

36 days! A little bummed by the early-opening event of PP on the 22nd, as that was going to be our DCA day...but I suppose it still can be, and just avoid the pier!

36 days! A little bummed by the early-opening event of PP on the 22nd, as that was going to be our DCA day...but I suppose it still can be, and just avoid the pier!

I was tempted by the event until I saw the price! We have five day PHs so we will be fine but I wish it was more reasonable-I’ve never been able to do an event like that.

19 more days! Just under the 20 day mark. Getting a little nervous about "grad days'. There are two of them while we are there and hoping it will not impact us too much. One of the cast members I spoke to about this when I was attempting to get a Fantasmic package at RBT said it would not be horrible and especially after 9pm when most all would head over to DCA for their private event. Anyone else have experience with these nights before?

DD15 and I are going to sneak down for a few days to squeeze in one last trip before our APs expire. We will be trying out BWPPI this time because I want to compare it to Park Vue Inn. We will be there 6/10-6/12.

19 more days! Just under the 20 day mark. Getting a little nervous about "grad days'. There are two of them while we are there and hoping it will not impact us too much. One of the cast members I spoke to about this when I was attempting to get a Fantasmic package at RBT said it would not be horrible and especially after 9pm when most all would head over to DCA for their private event. Anyone else have experience with these nights before?
When they started the park hoppers with grad nites a few years ago it made things more chaotic. This year they did a 3 price structure with park hoppers being the most expensive, and also limited. Early reports sound like it has been more manageable this year.

When they started the park hoppers with grad nites a few years ago it made things more chaotic. This year they did a 3 price structure with park hoppers being the most expensive, and also limited. Early reports sound like it has been more manageable this year.

Thank you. That indeed does sound promising for the grad nights!

18 more days until my family and I are there! So ready to be back, we usually go to WDW at least once a year. This will be the second year we’ve made the trip out to Disneyland. Can’t wait!

I am putting together a last minute trip for my DD 16th birthday. We fly in June 9th and plan to do DL the 10th-12th. Since we are DVC members I have been stalking the RAT and I'm piecemealing our stay together at the GCV. As of tonight, I have a studio booked for the 9th, a 2 bdrm on the 11th, and a 1 bdrm on the 12th. I'm gonna keep stalking and hopefully get something on the 10th and maybe the same kind of room will come up for the other nights so we aren't changing rooms everyday!

But I'm super excited that we are under a month before we head out!

We are going June 20 - 25 staying at the Disney Hotel. My granddaughters first trip and grandsons first trip he will remember. 11 of us total.

I am putting together a last minute trip for my DD 16th birthday. We fly in June 9th and plan to do DL the 10th-12th. Since we are DVC members I have been stalking the RAT and I'm piecemealing our stay together at the GCV. As of tonight, I have a studio booked for the 9th, a 2 bdrm on the 11th, and a 1 bdrm on the 12th. I'm gonna keep stalking and hopefully get something on the 10th and maybe the same kind of room will come up for the other nights so we aren't changing rooms everyday!
Wishing you some pixie dust for the 10th :wizard:
Switching villas everyday gets you daily housekeeping :laughing:

Decided to book Goofy's Kitchen for dinner one night. We haven't done that character meal, just Minnie's 3 times and Critter Breakfast. It's more expensive than the others, but I figure it's dinner so it's money spent better since breakfast at the hotel is cheap. I wanted to book it for my daughter's birthday, but the time available for our party of 5 was too late. So we're going to do it the night before. Also just booked anniversary reservations for my husband and I at Cafe Orleans. I've always wanted to eat there. My mom volunteered to keep my kids that night at her hotel. Vacation count down is on. In a month from today it will be over already. Already sad about it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter