June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Beauties and Beasties:
i-49qQbSq-L.jpg

We arrived in the area, but did not go into the parks. We tried to get parking at BWPPI around 10am, but they wouldn't budge, so we went to plan B and went to a Genki Sushi about 15 minutes away. We ate at Genki Sushi in Hawaii, so enjoyed the throwback meal. We were very happy with the meal, despite some questionable reviews of the place. It's not what I'd call top dollar sushi, but they send your orders out on a little train car and I like it because portions allow you to try a few different rolls and stuff.

When we arrived back at the hotel closer to noon, they let us park, but said it would be 2 or 3 before our room was ready. We headed into DTD and wandered and shopped. We checked out the Grand Californian, then to the Disneyland Hotel. We got lucky at Trader Sam's and got a table inside. We spent way too much but had a ball. The drinks were fun and strong and the food was very tasty (we tried the panko crusted long beans, the kalua pork flatbread and a Hawaiian burger). We finally got back to the room close to 6pm and moved in. Our room is very nice and fairly close to the front of the property.

We're in the parks for the first time tomorrow!

Last edited:
We arrived, after some adventures and stress driving up from San Diego, but it was fine. We went to Downtown Disney, had drinks at Uva Bar, walked around soaking in the atmosphere. We bought a puzzle from World of Disney, got our first visit buttons, and we're ready to hit the parks tomorrow! :yay:

We just got home from our trip this evening. It was a little hotter than I had hoped it would be. Since I have some heat intolerance issues, I really hate going in the summer--but hubby is a teacher, so it's summer or long weekends during the school year, and we can't ever manage to string together enough days during the school year.

It was a good trip. Crowds were great. People were in a good mood. Skippers on Jungle Cruise were funny, and the other guests on the trips were wonderfully engaged. Not too many frustrations or cranky co-guests. Loved GotG and GRR. Single Rider Lines went well too!

We had quick service meal at the jazz express at downtown disney. The chicken jambalaya was the best. We were tired last night

DH and DS had ice cream at the coldstone creamery near BWPPI and said it was really good.

Our first day as well. We arrived at 6:55 am for EMH at DCA and got a ton of rides done in the morning. At first by just walking on before the park opened and then with fastpasses.
I will not go on Guardians again! We walked on at around 7:45 but despite taking Dramamine I haven't quite recovered from that ride. It is a very good makeover of ToT and the kids really loved the theming.
Riding out the afternoon heat at DLH in the room and at the pool. Great start to the vacation.

B
Peter pan
2 Alice in wonderland
3 Small world
4 Matterhorn with fast pass
5 Buzz
6 Space mountain fp. So much better than Orlando and Paris
7 Star wars fp
8 Thunder mountain fp
Early lunch at Cafe Orleans. Loved the food
9 winnie the pooh
10 Snow white
11 Pinoccio
Look around inside the castle
12 Splash fp
13 Indiana Jones fp
Snacks at bengali bbq
Left the park for rest at 3.

Splash mountain was down earlier and it's the only ride it took over 20 min to experience

Would love to go back in the evening but the guys look really tired

Our first day as well. We arrived at 6:55 am for EMH at DCA and got a ton of rides done in the morning. At first by just walking on before the park opened and then with fastpasses.
I will not go on Guardians again! We walked on at around 7:45 but despite taking Dramamine I haven't quite recovered from that ride. It is a very good makeover of ToT and the kids really loved the theming.
Riding out the afternoon heat at DLH in the room and at the pool. Great start to the vacation.
Which version did you get? I think Free Ride is the best, but also hardest on the stomach.

First park day today. Went to Disneyland.
It's very hot and very crowded.
Had a bad experience on Space Mountain when the people in front of us took a bit longer to exit the ride vehicle and the gate slammed shut on me and they would reopen so I could get in with my friend that had just missed the gate shutting so I was forced to ride alone in the next ride vehicle throwing off the parties behind me.

First park day today. Went to Disneyland.
It's very hot and very crowded.
Had a bad experience on Space Mountain when the people in front of us took a bit longer to exit the ride vehicle and the gate slammed shut on me and they would reopen so I could get in with my friend that had just missed the gate shutting so I was forced to ride alone in the next ride vehicle throwing off the parties behind me.
This is the most common cause of a ride shut down.. They couldn't reopen, because if they did, the ride would cascade and it would be down for 30-45 mins.

Which version did you get? I think Free Ride is the best, but also hardest on the stomach.
We got Free Ride. Didn't realize it was the worst, but I know that any of them will kill me! Also can't ride Star Tours ever, that doesn't treat me nicely either.

We got Free Ride. Didn't realize it was the worst, but I know that any of them will kill me! Also can't ride Star Tours ever, that doesn't treat me nicely either.
I don't ride Star Tours or Indy. But GOTG, I can usually do 2 rides a day. My fav is Give up the Funk. It isn't nearly as hard on me as Free Ride. But I do like Free Ride.

I didn't realize that the music identifies the ride profile. I know there are lists of the six songs, but are there any that rate each song by the intensity of the ride?

On our visit (ended ten days ago), we rode seven times and got five of the six profiles (Free Ride and Born to be Wild twice). The first time we got Free Ride (our second ride), I thought it was positively tame compared to Born to be Wild (our first), but it seemed a lot more fun the second time we got it.

I Want You Back, Burning Love, Give up the Funk are probably the least intense (not saying NOT INTENSE, they are but not as much as the others.)

Then my daughter rates the other 3 in this order:

Hit me with your best shot
Free Ride
Born to be Wild (most intense)

I haven't had Born to be Wild or Hit Me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter