June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

We flew out of LAX on the 10th, and did have to remove our tablets and place them in a separate bin.

Thanks. I'll be sure mine is easily accessible and I'll leave it out of its zippered case until after security. (I'm not one to use electronics during the flights but rather at my destination but I don't want to put them in my checked luggage)

ah ok, how about this, 3pm at The Partners Statue in the Hub in the main park. I will be there from 3pm to 3.30pm and I will be wearing Melificent Minnie Ears. I tried getting Wifi in the park today but it was hit and miss, mostly miss.
You still there

I wonder if I'll need to take my tablet out at John Wayne (and at our home airport.) Maybe we'll just do it to be safe/quick.

We leave tomorrow. I am getting super excited but I am also really, REALLY nervous for the flights. :(

I wonder if I'll need to take my tablet out at John Wayne (and at our home airport.) Maybe we'll just do it to be safe/quick.

We leave tomorrow. I am getting super excited but I am also really, REALLY nervous for the flights. :(

I've seen TSO's get annoyed if people take out things they don't need to so you may want to just have them accessible but not actually take them out unless/until instructed to do so.

Booked the extra night at BWPPI. I will call them and see if they can do something to merge both bookings, there seem to be room availablity popping all the time.

Arriving Sunday night now. It won't be a park night for us so early dinner and chill out night

So lets say MP starts. I ordered our tickets through the Disney website but they are not linked to my app for whatever reason, not sure why I logged into the system under myself to buy the one day tickets.... should I call today and ask them to link them? Can they even do that? I assume they have to be in my app in order to activate MP right? Otherwise how would I buy MP? I will NOT stand in the line at city hall to do this, I guess I would just need to skip MP. Ugh.

Not sure if you have already visited the parks, but for now, MP is not for sale. The wi-fi part has been rumored to start next month. Today the new FP redemption part started. So you wouldn't even need to buy anything to do that part. Use your entry ticket (or an annual pass) to obtain a FP at the machine, just like always. The FP ticket will state that it is a return time reminder, not an actual FP. Then when you return to the ride, you will scan your entry ticket or ap to redeem your FP. There is an extensive thread on this with lots of people posting on their experience with this today.

:cloud9:
Not sure if you have already visited the parks, but for now, MP is not for sale. The wi-fi part has been rumored to start next month. Today the new FP redemption part started. So you wouldn't even need to buy anything to do that part. Use your entry ticket (or an annual pass) to obtain a FP at the machine, just like always. The FP ticket will state that it is a return time reminder, not an actual FP. Then when you return to the ride, you will scan your entry ticket or ap to redeem your FP. There is an extensive thread on this with lots of people posting on their experience with this today.

Sounds like it really isn't that big of a deal. I'm afraid of losing my tickets this way, and by me, I mean my husband :cloud9:, but we'll just have to be extra careful.
We leave less than 48 hours!!

I just got home. Was in the parks Mon-Wed. It was packed and hot but we had a blast!! Max Pass has not started but yesterday the started scanning your tickets instead of fast passes. There are signs everywhere saying to have your admission ticket ready to be scanned. Heard CM's tell people MP will start in a few weeks.

DH decided we should stay one extra day AND we switched to the Paradise Pier Hotel so we can take advantage of EMH!!! Squeeee!!!

I think my feet have finally recovered from my four days last week with my 11 year old. 110,000 steps and 48 miles! I suspect DH and I will do plenty of walking but not THAT much.

Have been in the parks since Monday and having a great time. Weather finally cooled off today. Sitting in our room at Grand Californian right now resting up before heading back out for Soarin' and the World of Color dessert party. Looking like it will be an excellent final night at DLR. Last park day tomorrow!

We're headed that way. Yesterday I got away from work a little after 1pm. We made it from just outside Charlotte, NC to about 30 minutes west of Nashville, TN. I didn't figure mileage for this leg of the trip. Nothing Disney related, but we did stop at one of our favorite restaurants in Asheville, NC. It's called Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack and they server Nashville style hot chicken. Funny that we ate there and stayed close to Nashville. If you're ever in Asheville, I highly recommend.

i-SP6rxqb-L.jpg

Today we did roughly 1,055 miles and are stopped in eastern New Mexico.

We stopped at the Conoco Tower off Rt 66. This is supposed to be part of the inspiration for Ramon's, in Radiator Springs (Cars).

i-zWvHvFZ-L.jpg

i-5svzCKm-L.jpg

And we stopped by the Cadillac Ranch, part of the inspiration for the mountain range near Radiator Springs, in Cars.

i-vrZtsST-L.jpg

Tomorrow we're going to try to stop by one of the inspirations for the Cozy Cone, then make it to my daughter's place in Vegas in time for dinner, assuming things continue to run as smooth as they have so far. Now, time for bed.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Witz case for both DH and myself. We already wear pin lanyards, so I think these cases would have been useful even before the need to have our passes out more frequently. I don't trust pockets for passes for more than a brief storage period so the cases may negate the need to carry even a purse into the park. They can hold my AP, room key card, and some cash. As long as I put sunscreen on each time I leave my room, I should be good to go.

We made it to Vegas last night, but I was too beat to post anything. We head out for Disney tomorrow morning.

We completed our "Disney prep", by stopping by the Wigwam Motel, on Rt 66. It's one of the motels that was the inspiration for the Cozy Cone in Cars. It was cool how they had a classic car parked outside each tee pee.

i-tVC28Dd-L.jpg

i-BTg6hGc-L.jpg

And then, not Disney related, but very cool if you're an Eagles fan. We stopped in Winslow, Arizona. It's a very cute little old town and they've recreated the line from their song, "Take it Easy," that says, "Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and such a fine sight to see. It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford slowin' down to take a look at me". They have Eagles music playing and the whole corner is done up for pictures.

i-wVfg3ZB-L.jpg

Here I am being demure. Looking at the picture, I don't pull off demure very well. :)
i-zPgB5nQ-L.jpg

Finallly, I call this, "Arizona hates your pets." This is in a beautiful rest area in Arizona, but it looks like they're saying, "Go walk your dogs over there with the rattlesnakes and scorpions." :)

i-m93V7bh-L.jpg

That will likely be it for us until we return. Everyone have fun and safe travels to and from your trips.

Last edited:
How could I forget? My favorite picture from Vegas, and the trip so far. This is my daughter and my very happy wife. In my research for this trip, I saw lots of ladies with custom Minnie ears. I'm not near clever enough to make something like this, so I searched Etsy and found these, made by Ana's Creations. She worked with me on a last minute order, for a surprise for my girls. My daughter is, of course, a huge Lion King fan. My wife loves Cinderella and Tigger, but has really taken a shine to Moana. She also loves what she calls, "Happy flowers," so I opted for the Moana ears for her. I'm not sure if they really like them or if they're just really happy to not be across the country from each other, but either one works for me. I love these smiles!

i-PkWj4Bx-L.jpg

There are several people in the parks right now! Want to post a favorite picture? What has been your favorite meal and snack so far?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter