June-11 Trip: Are you Eating, Flying and Sailing Nuts? FINAL UPDATE 9/14

Well, thats it for the day. A really jam packed and productive day. The MK and EPCOT visits were great, dinner was enjoyable and ending the night with Illuminations. Doesn’t get any better.

The Princess made a decree that instead of going back to the parks, we were going to just chill out at the resort tomorrow. Hang by the pool maybe watch a little TV and read. In other words vacation. It is interesting how our park touring habits have changed since owning DVC. We visit the parks but not nearly as much nor from dawn to dusk. Hey, why not? It isn’t like we are staying in a dump and need to get away from the hotel.

Up Next: Day 6 Friday, June 17 Chilling at the Boardwalk AKA CLOWN SLIDE?

I'm surprised the illuminations smoke didn't get you again (like it got a lot of us).

I think I may have mentioned to you before...that's why we typically do alternating days at the park/resort. We found out our first year, if we try to do a park (or park hop) every day, then we're ALL very cranky by the end of day 2. By alternating, we get the alternating relax and do whatever days. Sleep in, relax by the pool, go to downtown Disney, etc.

I miss reading CJ's TRs. Thanks docsoliday1 for popping it back up.

Kate
So, what you're really saying is thanks for being slower than dirt? :rotfl2:
Funny thing is I signed up for disboards long ago, but rarely hung out. I think I was a bit overwhelmed as to the sheer amount of topics/threads here and took me a while to figure out what I actually wanted to read. I'm enjoying CJ's TRs. He has a knack for writing and a quick wit.

Day 7 Saturday, June 18 Part 1 - The final surprise AKA “The Water Sprites Again?”

Today started with a lazy morning. We had an appointment at the Contemporary Marina at 11:30 so we could not linger around for long however. Before DD got ready, I walked around and took a few pictures.

This
IMG_0121.jpg

The sailing part of the trip was parasailing around Bay Lake. I did this on a cruise at Castaway Cay and really liked it. The plan was to watch as DD took flight. When I called, they informed me that the minimum weight on a calm day was 120 lbs. If it was windy the minimum weight went up. Dripping wet and with lead weights around her ankles, she would barely make the minimum. They only alternative was to do a tandem flight. So why not. I made the reservation when I was still barely able to walk let alone strap into a parachute. My thinking was it would provide motivation to get stronger.

While I was signing our lives away, the CM explained what our options were. You are up about 15 minutes from takeoff to landing. There were two options 450 feet or 600 feet. In for a penny, in for a pound so I opted for 600 feet. They also have a photo option for around $25 (I think). So we also did that.

What was it like? Fun. The view was magnificent. It is also a quiet and smooth ride. Very cool. She loved it.

Some pics from the boat.

First they give you a vest and you are told to take off your shoes. They also strap you into a harness.
IMG_0113.jpg

Close up of the kid
IMG_0115.jpg

I got strapped onto the parachute first and then DD. You are told to lean back as they unfurl the chute. It fills with air and you are gently reeled out to your height.

This is about 50 feet off the ground (or should I say water)
IMG_0128.jpg

This was part of the way up
IMG_0140.jpg

This was probably pretty close to our max height. We stayed up here for about 10 minutes.
IMG_0142.jpg

The view is amazing. I am sure it puts to shame the views from the ballon. This one is from the boat. I also brought a disposable to catch some of the views up there but alas they are trapped in the virus ladened computer. If I ever get them back, I will post them here.
IMG_0143.jpg

On the way back we decided to act a little goofy. “Look. I am flying.”
IMG_0162.jpg

Notice the smile? I think she had fun.
IMG_0171.jpg

Within about 45 minutes from leaving the dock we were back on dry land. We thanked and tipped the two-man crew and bid them a good day. From there, it was back to the hotel and the pool. And reading. And watching TV. And probably a nap. Don’t remember what was for lunch. Probably snacks and leftovers. No mater. We were headed to the California Grill for dinner tonight.

Up Next: The last of our last full day. Dinner at the California Grill. AKA Another bird’s eye view of the kingdom.

Two questions...
1) What was the cost for this? DW & I did a thing called daredevil dive at 6 flags (Basically a huge rope swing and flying kinda like superman).
2) Did you ever get the PC fixed and/or pictures recovered?

So, what you're really saying is thanks for being slower than dirt? :rotfl2:
Funny thing is I signed up for disboards long ago, but rarely hung out. I think I was a bit overwhelmed as to the sheer amount of topics/threads here and took me a while to figure out what I actually wanted to read. I'm enjoying CJ's TRs. He has a knack for writing and a quick wit.

Slower than dirt? Love the saying. :) CJ certainly does have a knack for telling a story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter