Jumping to 1st unread post in watched thread

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
Can't seem to figure out how to do this. :( I didn't spot another thread on this, but apologies if I missed it. Might anyone know if this is still possible?

I have the exact same question. When I click that spot by the thread title it's taking me to posts from 1/8.

The blue spot should do it, as should clicking on the thread title in the threads list (only applies when the thread title is shown in bold, indicating there are new unread messages in that thread)

Andre

One thing that should help is to mark the forum read. The new system does not recognize where you "left-off" on the old boards, and has all posts bolded as unread. Once you mark those forums read, it will unbold the past history. The next time you open the thread, it will jump to the first unread post.

Oops, I misread the question, thought the OP was asking how to get to the first UNREAD post rather than the first overall post. My bad.

To get to the first post of any thread, click on the time/date stamp just under the thread subject line (i.e. next to the thread-starter username). In this example that would be "Friday at 5:08pm".

upload_2015-2-8_8-35-58.png

You can also go straight to the LAST post if you want, by clicking on the time/date stamp in the most-recent-poster column on the right (in the above example, that would be "Yesterday at 2:30pm")

Andre

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-8_8-26-34.png
    upload_2015-2-8_8-26-34.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 1
The blue spot should do it, as should clicking on the thread title in the threads list (only applies when the thread title is shown in bold, indicating there are new unread messages in that thread)

Andre
Andre, mine wasn't working yesterday. I had last logged in the day that the changeover occurred and when I logged in yesterday it was being very hinky. The blue button took me to posts from January 8th for my watched threads. But today it seems to be working and taking me to my last read posts from yesterday. It seems that I needed to log in ad out to clear out the bugs. At least I hope it's all good now.

Thanks for responding to my question as well as the OP.

I click on the thread title (not a page number) and it takes me to the first unread post. If there are none, it takes me to the top of the last page.

I click on the thread title (not a page number) and it takes me to the first unread post. If there are none, it takes me to the top of the last page.

That's odd, for me clicking on a subscribed thread title that has no unread messages (i.e. the title is in regular font rather than bold) takes me to the first message on the first page, not the last page.

If there are unread messages, it takes me to the first unread post (as you said).

Andre

Mine is working as it should now. It was just that first day I logged back in after the change that was so messed up. Phew.

That's odd, for me clicking on a subscribed thread title that has no unread messages (i.e. the title is in regular font rather than bold) takes me to the first message on the first page, not the last page.

If there are unread messages, it takes me to the first unread post (as you said).

Andre
Mine just started doing what you posted in the last couple days. It used to take me to the top of the last page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter