July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

I am thankfully for my Mom and Step Dad and my inlaws. My inlaws have my kids this week and my mom is getting them on Friday so they don't miss my nephews birthday party. The will stay the night at my moms since DH and I have tickets to our Natural History Museum and an event that night. This week has been nice. I love my kids but getting time to not run around and spend extra time with DH has been wonderful.

Came home with a bag of books from the library today-thankful they are only 5 minutes away and a source of hours of enjoyment. Thankful my grandson likes to read-
Talked today to the young librarian at my old HS-grateful she values my opinion and likes to bounce ideas off of me! We’re getting together next week for lunch and should have lots to talk about.

Thankful for this week at the beach with friends and family. Thankful my baby nephew took a nap on me at the beach today. Love moments like that! Thankful the weather has been nice at the beach since it’s been raining a lot back home!

Thankful for this week at the beach with friends and family. Thankful my baby nephew took a nap on me at the beach today. Love moments like that! Thankful the weather has been nice at the beach since it’s been raining a lot back home!
So glad you’re having good weather!

I'm thankful to have stumbled into finding this group/forum on here as well as some of the training journals over on the RunDisney forum. Reading back on old threads on here as well as training journals people have posted have helped me these last couple days when knee and ankle pain is keeping me from sticking to my training schedule.

I'm thankful to have stumbled into finding this group/forum on here as well as some of the training journals over on the RunDisney forum. Reading back on old threads on here as well as training journals people have posted have helped me these last couple days when knee and ankle pain is keeping me from sticking to my training schedule.
Welcome!

I thought I would recommend one of my favorite authors-Kate Atkinson.

She writes a wonderful series that is a perfect combination of literary fiction and crime novel featuring Jackson Brodie, a private detective. There are five of them, so start with the first, Case Histories.
She has also written three WWII novels-Life After Life, A God in Ruins and Transcription. In these books she jumps between different periods-they are wonderful novels about making choices, failing to make them and living the lives those choices determine for us.

This week I've been thinking a lot about how we fold ourselves into smaller versions of ourselves to fit in to what is expected of us, or what we think is expected of us. For women in particular, we're taught to be nice, always use our indoor voices and to not take up space... I'm particularly adept at this and can actually make myself invisible.

I've also been thinking a lot about the American Women's Soccer team, and in particular Megan Rapinoe. I love her victory/power pose, it's like she's opening herself up and saying 'here I am in all my glory'. I follow Glennon Doyle on IG and she recently did a post where she's making this pose because she cooked dinner her kids... one woman posted a comment saying she thought she should get a parade every time she cooked dinner and another said she started entering rooms this way a couple months ago, and her 7th grade students had started clapping for her. What would our lives be like if all the simple everyday things we do elicited this type of celebration? I'm going to start greeting everyday with this pose... let's all start celebrating ourselves, start making noise, and taking up space!

Last edited:
I thought I would recommend one of my favorite authors-Kate Atkinson.

She writes a wonderful series that is a perfect combination of literary fiction and crime novel featuring Jackson Brodie, a private detective. There are five of them, so start with the first, Case Histories.
She has also written three WWII novels-Life After Life, A God in Ruins and Transcription. In these books she jumps between different periods-they are wonderful novels about making choices, failing to make them and living the lives those choices determine for us.
Oh, I love historical novels... I just ordered Life After Life. Thanks for the recommendation!

I have also stalled in the weight loss department the last few months. Similarly I am also approaching Keto as a longer term eating style to help me heal years of neglect and unhealthy eating which saw me pre-diabetic and with high cholesterol - I also have started having auras sometimes followed by the migraine headache and just plain fatigued all the time! I had made some improvement on my blood results - but they are still up there - I need to have them re-done and I am procrastinating as I know my eating has slipped lately and I am scared I undid the improvements. Doctor wants to put me on medication for the high cholesterol.

I've had aura's with my migraines most of my life. They get really terrible during pregnancy and have changed and developed a lot over time.

I have thankfully never had an issue with my blood sugars, I have been through some pretty serious treatments that ravaged my body and left it much worse for wear.

DD and I took mum to see Yesterday at the movies today - we really enjoyed it. Mum would not leave until the credits were over and she had finished singing along to 'Hey Jude' lol.

I really enjoyed Yesterday, saw it a couple weekends ago.

I have not had a good week. My mother has fallen back on a commitment she made to me which has a huge impact on the next few years and it is really frustrating for me. I've been a bit depressed with the whole situation.

On a good note I have stuck to healthy eating, my weight is continuing to go down and my numbers are really good. Today my ketones were at a 4.0 and my sugar was 3.8. I am so close to having lost 100lbs since starting keto back in September. I'm not sure if I can hit goal weight by my one year mark but I'm going to try as much as I can.

My youngest turns one tomorrow so we are going to do a cake smash for him which I'm excited to see. His brother did one and didn't know what to do with the cake for a bit, was so cute. He quickly had the cake into a big mess once he figured it out.

I've had aura's with my migraines most of my life. They get really terrible during pregnancy and have changed and developed a lot over time.

I have thankfully never had an issue with my blood sugars, I have been through some pretty serious treatments that ravaged my body and left it much worse for wear.

I really enjoyed Yesterday, saw it a couple weekends ago.

I have not had a good week. My mother has fallen back on a commitment she made to me which has a huge impact on the next few years and it is really frustrating for me. I've been a bit depressed with the whole situation.

On a good note I have stuck to healthy eating, my weight is continuing to go down and my numbers are really good. Today my ketones were at a 4.0 and my sugar was 3.8. I am so close to having lost 100lbs since starting keto back in September. I'm not sure if I can hit goal weight by my one year mark but I'm going to try as much as I can.

My youngest turns one tomorrow so we are going to do a cake smash for him which I'm excited to see. His brother did one and didn't know what to do with the cake for a bit, was so cute. He quickly had the cake into a big mess once he figured it out.
100lbs! You should be so proud of yourself!
And happy birthday to your little one!

That salad sounds yummy!

And a very Happy Birthday to baby *tinker*bell* 🍰

I was lazy yesterday with exercise (went and saw Toy Story 4 instead) but I plan to get back on the treadmill today. I'm up this week for hosting, so I'll see you all bright and early (US east coast time) tomorrow for Motivation Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!