July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

We are in a heat wave right now. The heat index for the next couple of days is going to like 105 and very very humid. I went and worked out at lunch today got all sweaty and took a shower. I then decided to go outside and get lunch. I didn't walk far but I was more sweaty when I got back then I was before my shower.

Tomorrow we might go to our local outdoor pool or we might just stay indoors all weekend with the ac. We are hoping for no power outages from the heat.

We are packed and ready to fly to disney tomorrow! So excited! And as for my “walk you Disney” challenge...I made it! Already thinking about starting another one...waking to Vero Beach. Husband and I are going there in February for a little winter getaway.

Any volunteers to host for a week next month?

I think I am the host for next week. Chilling on my couch, I feel so tired from the week and yesterday. We had viewers for my home, so I had to sage it and do a good clean up and we also viewed some houses. We viewed 7 locally. It's good to "get back on the horse" again, with more chilled positive attitude

Still, it feels like i work 6 days.

Will report later on food prep and what I decide to cook for the week ahead. Do you do any planning on Sunday?

Will report later on food prep and what I decide to cook for the week ahead. Do you do any planning on Sunday?

I don't really prep things for the week like some people do, but I do tend to have a better week if I at least plan out the week's dinners on a little white board I have.

I expect this week is going to be a lot of leftovers, as we're having a cookout today, and I'm afraid people aren't actually going to each much in the heat.

I did when I was working-made something we could eat as leftovers one night, made a big pot of soup for lunches and another dinner. I hated having to go to the grocery store more than once a week, so tried to plan out my week.
I have been watching these videos on Goodful on meal prep and I got inspired to try one of them-you roast a pan of vegetables and a meat-they use chicken, salmon and a flank steak-season and roast 20 minutes and you have 4 meals (servings) from each. I did the chicken burrito bowls and will try the others this week.

We are packed and ready to fly to disney tomorrow! So excited! And as for my “walk you Disney” challenge...I made it! Already thinking about starting another one...waking to Vero Beach. Husband and I are going there in February for a little winter getaway.
Have a wonderful time! And we loved Vero Beach! Would you stay at Disney’s resort? It’s recently remodeled and beautiful!

I can take 5th of August week, if no other volunteers

I bought Gweneth Paltrow book it's all good. I have heard very good things about it. Not huge fan of hers but I have to say good few things I want to cook

Made rice, fajita style chicken & peppers beans, barbacoa beef and rice so rice bowls week for us! Some leaner burgers too

Working from home today and very happy about it.

Motivation Monday! Let's finish the month strong, and make this week awesome!

"You can rise up from anything.
You can completely recreate yourself.
Nothing is permanent. You’re not stuck.
You have choices. You can think new thoughts.
You can learn something new. You can create new habits.
All that matters is that you decide today and never look back.

– Idil Ahmed"

I guess I wonder what pushes people from wanting to lose weight, to deciding to. From kind of trying, to being certain that's going to happen?

What did it for you? have you decided to? If not, lets cross that want to rolling our sleeves and getting on with it, no more messing!

I'm with you on the creepy crawlies! DS saw one of those "deadliest animals" specials and took to calling Australia "the death continent". :rotfl:

Kids and I were talking about this the other day - I think it is a bit over-hyped. We also think there are plenty of dangerous things in USA - bears, alligator's, wolves, coyotes, spiders, snakes, sharks, scorpions etc.

Hope you have a fantastic time and yeah for achieving the steps before you leave :)

What did it for you? have you decided to? If not, lets cross that want to rolling our sleeves and getting on with it, no more messing!

I feel that I am still a little in between - I WANT to - have wanted to for quite some time, I am TRYING but could not say yet that I feel CERTAIN that it will happen. Last week I started watching some of the education videos and success stories on the Diet Doctor website that I can access - I am going to watch/read something on their daily for the rest of the month to see if that helps with motivation and my own success. I think that health concerns has been the biggest thing to prompt me to really try to just get on with it this year. Similarly to @Oneanne I think that sugar addiction gets in my way - I was learning some more about that last week.

@*tinker*bell* I forgot to say the other day that your little one on his 1st birthday was gorgeous and I hope you have had some good news about that job.

I had today off with 2 of my kids - they were sick and I was not quite feeling it myself. I had to attend at funeral for a student from work on Friday - so young. It is a sad reality working with kids with disabilities sometimes :(

Kids and I were talking about this the other day - I think it is a bit over-hyped. We also think there are plenty of dangerous things in USA - bears, alligator's, wolves, coyotes, spiders, snakes, sharks, scorpions etc.

Good to hear!

I had today off with 2 of my kids - they were sick and I was not quite feeling it myself. I had to attend at funeral for a student from work on Friday - so young. It is a sad reality working with kids with disabilities sometimes :(

((hugs))

Finally finding a way to lose weight that gradually changed the way I cooked and the way we ate was what finally worked for me. I know it’s a such a cliche, but it truly was and is, a lifestyle not a diet. I lost 70lbs years ago on the point system with WW, and in the beginning probably spent too many points on not very healthy choices-but because I stayed in my allowed amount I still lost weight. Over time I found I could eat more and better if I ate more unprocessed, whole type foods. I could still have that occasional indulgence, just not as often and in a sensible amount. With the newest version of so many 0 point items (lean proteins, vegetables, beans, eggs) I lost the 20 plus pounds I gained after I retired in about 6 months. And a year later I haven’t gained any of it back. So that was probably the key for me.

I guess I wonder what pushes people from wanting to lose weight, to deciding to. From kind of trying, to being certain that's going to happen?

For me, it was DH's heart surgery a few years ago. He didn't actually have a heart attack, but he'd been having some angina, and his dad had a history of heart trouble, so he got it checked. It turns out it was just in time! He ended up needing bypass surgery, and we made some family-wide changes in our eating habits after that. We're not perfect by any means, but I think we have a better balance than we used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!